Page 31 of 92 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 1372
  1. #451
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    479′S 12643′W
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Some people will find bigotry anywhere, esp. in the FF where it doesn't exist. It's Krakoa's shady ways that they're weary of, not what the people who live there's genes are.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  2. #452
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's not exactly true anymore. People may not like it but it's happening.
    I was actually talking about Mr. Sinister. Still Apocalypse may have calmed down and isn't being aggressive right now, but he doesn't seem to be acting like a good guy either.

    How would you have reacted if it was the other way around with the FF going to talk to Xavier and Magneto bubbling up someone in a force field?
    How would you like it if the Fantastic Four had brought Graydon Creed or or any of the Trasks with them to talk to the mutants? If you're trying to talk peace, you shouldn't bring ranting racists with you.

  3. #453
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    479′S 12643′W
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I was actually talking about Mr. Sinister. Still Apocalypse may have calmed down and isn't being aggressive right now, but he doesn't seem to be acting like a good guy either.
    How would you like it if the Fantastic Four had brought Graydon Creed or or any of the Trasks with them to talk to the mutants? If you're trying to talk peace, you shouldn't bring ranting racists with you.
    Unless you've become one of those racists yourself and don't have a problem with the ranting anymore, esp. if it helps advance your agendas.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  4. #454
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,004

    Default

    Remember how the Avengers brought a cloaked Helicarrier in AvX and there was many pretending that wasn't an act of aggression. The X-Men weren't hiding Jamie Braddock, Proteus and Legion in case the FF said no

  5. #455
    Proud Krakoan Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I was actually talking about Mr. Sinister. Still Apocalypse may have calmed down and isn't being aggressive right now, but he doesn't seem to be acting like a good guy either.


    How would you like it if the Fantastic Four had brought Graydon Creed or or any of the Trasks with them to talk to the mutants? If you're trying to talk peace, you shouldn't bring ranting racists with you.
    Sinister earned passage since he's responsible for the DNA, critical to resurrections. Will he do something evil soon? Perhaps. Most likely. Yeh. What would be interesting is if Franklin dies while on an intergalactic picnic with his family and they ask Krakoa to bring him back.

    I still think the whole thing was a set up. Bring Magneto to make Sue lose her cool which leads to Franklin's embarrassment and eventual curiosity about Krakoa. It worked like a charm.

    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...oilers)/page58
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  6. #456
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Xavier and Magneto are leaders of the nation also vested in this mission. They should be used to Magneto tagging along with mutants like Stormie and Kate. If the Krakoans really wanted to be aggressive they probably would’ve brought •—[A]—• to the meeting.





    Because apparently Storm and Iceman, their friends, can’t talk to them or be near them because they’re threatening them with their Omega level status.
    And Xavier has gone to talks without Magneto numerous times. Magneto has tended to be at meetings where those that they were meeting were untrusted company. If they truly didn’t wish to assert an air of aggression, they wouldn’t have brought Magneto. And, as I said before, they could bring someone trusted with them as a bodyguard for Xavier, but there was no need to bring such a force. One or 2 along with Xavier and Kitty would have worked fine.

  7. #457
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Remember how the Avengers brought a cloaked Helicarrier in AvX and there was many pretending that wasn't an act of aggression. The X-Men weren't hiding Jamie Braddock, Proteus and Legion in case the FF said no
    Maybe we need a true example of how a mutant teenager is kidnapped.


  8. #458
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    479′S 12643′W
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Remember how the Avengers brought a cloaked Helicarrier in AvX and there was many pretending that wasn't an act of aggression. The X-Men weren't hiding Jamie Braddock, Proteus and Legion in case the FF said no
    The X-Men at least didn't have Pyro and Magneto cloaked.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  9. #459
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    222

    Default

    [QUOTE=People Of The Earth;4847153]No parent on Earth that is parenting will allow his/her children to live outside the family house without a damn good Reason.
    I can think of a few of them, but in the case of Franklin he simply hasn't one, if anything he's living the life in a very privileged background with a loving and supporting family at his back.
    His parents are right to question Xavier's motives and as long as he's minor, they are right to tell him he still got to live with them.



    You'll be pressed to push this narrative of the FF being bad parents.
    And they have no Lesson to receive in that department from the X-Men of all people.



    In all those scenarios, Sue and Reed are still Franklin's parents, and said Franklin is still a minor. Xavier shouldn't have done what he did, as Reed pointed out to him, the situation would have resolved itself once the kid became an adult legally, but Xavier has a timetable it seems.[/QUOstate

    I really must apologise , the auto correct turned my reply into gibberish ! I'm far too old for this computer mallarcky.
    Your absolutely correct that both scenarios would have ended in disastrous failure and that is why I believe "taking" was never on the table.
    And of course ,as you say Franklin is a minor .
    So ,overall that is why I think Xavier and crew where there to persuade.
    In that context I don't understand why you state that "Xavier should not have done what he did" , which , from my point of view ,was to drop by for a cup of tea and an offer . And ,again , I'll accept that bringing the least diplomatic mutants in the world was very clumsy.

    I have to say I find it fascinating that a story told in both words and pictures can be interpreted in such radically different ways.I suppose there is no real right of wrong ,so long as we enjoy the story.

    Hope this message comes out as English !
    All the best.

  10. #460
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Maybe we need a true example of how a mutant teenager is kidnapped.

    And remember how Cyclops said she was not a prisoner and free to make her own decisions....until she agreed to go with the Avengers and then Cyclops treated her like property??

  11. #461
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I see those as completely different situations. There's exploring creation and then there's building a sociopolitical power base based on drugs, a legion (heh) of powerful mutants, and eventually buying the rest of the planet. One is altruistic, the other is self-serving.
    One is a nation that was built to ensure that mutants are able to thrive in an environment that doesn’t try to constantly kill, maim, terrorize, and/or traumatize them, while also creating a culture that makes them proud to be who they are.

    The other was an exploration mission in other whole universes while their family and friends back home thought they were all dead because they didn’t bother to tell them anything for almost a year.

    One is altruistic, the other is self-serving.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Man Cerebro sure would be useful to locate Franklin right now if only you could detect his X-gene
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Magneto is jew that was persecuted by nazis. Doom is probably the most dangerous villain on Earth.

    If Reed and Sue do not want their children to be in a country with Nazi scientists then they leave the United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Oh, goody, another round of "Us whi... I mean, humans are the true victims!!!"

    Cyke should've gone "Susan, not so long ago, mutants were being inoculated into extinction, beaten to death in the streets and gunned down in the sewers. Sorry not sorry, but I'm not going to lose sleep over forgetting to gush over your other kid who will never have to worry about this stuff."
    These need to be put in the CBR museum.

  12. #462
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Now THAT'S some head canon!
    Its canon with a capital K.

  13. #463
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And remember how Cyclops said she was not a prisoner and free to make her own decisions....until she agreed to go with the Avengers and then Cyclops treated her like property??
    Given that Cyclops was Hope's grandfather and therefore his legal guardian, one can draw parallels with Reed and Sue, in effect.

  14. #464
    Fantastic Member Lapsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So why can't the FF ask for the same courtesy? Why can't they have their members escort Franklin on a supervised visit of Krakoa. Some humans have visited the island, at least 2 live there, you just need to ask first.

    If the mutants refuse such a reasonable request then in that case the FF would have every reason to mistrust them

    If they are this "concerned" over Franklin going to Krakoa now, what's going to change in a few years when he's 18? Most kids Franklin's age are already thinking about college, why shouldn't Franklin start thinking about his future?

    Colleges send scouts to high schools all across the country to visit teenagers, to talk to students and invite them to their school. How is what Xavier doing any different? They didn't try to talk to Franklin without his parents, they wanted to include them in the conversation
    Because this series doesnt make sense and we need forced drama.

    Besides Reed has every right to think that he is the best suited to help his son.

    To be honest, do you really think that they would let reed or susan so easily in Krakoa ??

    They want Franklin to live there not just a check.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 02-21-2020 at 11:31 AM.

  15. #465
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Given that Cyclops was Hope's grandfather and therefore his legal guardian, one can draw parallels with Reed and Sue, in effect.
    So it's unreasonable when Sue does it but completely fine when Scott does it?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •