Page 35 of 92 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Doesn't really change my point.

To be fair, Scott is usually the leader of the X-Men. If you're the leader, you get the fun of taking the blame when things go wrong.
    It's just a bummer that they think he's being dishonest. The boy scout of the group. If they were talking to Magneto then I could understand the skepticism.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Your argument might make more sense if humanity wasn't trying to exterminate mutants at damn near every turn.
    And humans might stop trying to do that if they wasn't constantly groups getting together going "We're mutants and we're going to take over the world!" A lot of that can be blamed on Magneto, frankly. (At the very least, they'd probably cut back on it.)

I'm not saying there's isn't mutant racism and there aren't people that want to hurt mutants, but it always gets worse rather than better whenever the latest mutant savior starts talking about how nobody should ever do anything bad to mutants anymore or else.

Doesn't really change my point.

To be fair, Scott is usually the leader of the X-Men. If you're the leader, you get the fun of taking the blame when things go wrong.
    In this context, he is just the guy who picked up the phone. He is not even part of the Council, his duties are strictly military, I do not understand why he is the one who has to endure being insulted. He shows surprising patience.

If someone called me and accused me of kidnapping children and lying to people based on their race, I wouldn't take it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    And humans might stop trying to do that if they wasn't constantly groups getting together going "We're mutants and we're going to take over the world!" A lot of that can be blamed on Magneto, frankly. (At the very least, they'd probably cut back on it.)

I'm not saying there's isn't mutant racism and there aren't people that want to hurt mutants, but it always gets worse rather than better whenever the latest mutant savior starts talking about how nobody should ever do anything bad to mutants anymore or else.
    In this particular case, humans gained the knowledge that mutants will outnumber them in "20 years". So they built a Mother Mold next to the sun so no one could detect it, while also building a Sentinel City on Mercury. (How has no one seen it? Guardians, someone??)

Charles, Erik and Moira are building this sovereign society based on what Moira has seen in her other lives, with her stated goal being mutant survival. She saw that war with humans won't work so they're trying to unite the mutants and make peace. Ultimately I think both sides are going to need the other when the machines take over.

BANNED

No human has ever stopped a supremacist mutant. That has not happened once. All they know how to do is blow up bussfull of children and jumping women. You know who has been consistently on the frontline of stopping every attempt by a mutant to take over the world? The XMen.

But nice try blaming victims for their oppression. Cute AND classy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Plus of course every nation stage on Earth
    Could somebody tell me why that came out as stage and not state. I know I'm old but I'm not senile yet !

Sorry , completely off topic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's just a bummer that they think he's being dishonest. The boy scout of the group. If they were talking to Magneto then I could understand the skepticism.
    They also know that Scott has personally recruited young mutants before and they also know he's had his moments of...well, crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In this context, he is just the guy who picked up the phone. He is not even part of the Council, his duties are strictly military, I do not understand why he is the one who has to endure being insulted. He shows surprising patience.

If someone called me and accused me of kidnapping children and lying to people based on their race, I wouldn't take it well.
    But do the Fantastic Four know that? Because I think most characters outside of the X-Men don't realize the power structure of the island.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    No human has ever stopped a supremacist mutant. That has not happened once. All they know how to do is blow up bussfull of children and jumping women. You know who has been consistently on the frontline of stopping every attempt by a mutant to take over the world? The XMen.

But nice try blaming victims for their oppression. Cute AND classy.
    It's funny how there have always been mutant groups like the X-Men willing to face mutant supremacists but no human supremacist has ever been stopped by a human group.

They also know that Scott has personally recruited young mutants before and they also know he's had his moments of...well, crazy.

But do the Fantastic Four know that? Because I think most characters outside of the X-Men don't realize the power structure of the island.
    In any case, the fact is that we know that
    1) Franklin and Valeria made their decision.
    2) They are not in Krakoa because of Doom.
    3) Sue and Reed are making very serious accusations to Scott of something he has not done.
    Last edited by Glio; 02-21-2020 at 12:28 PM.

I'd like to buy the "X-Men are being jerks to create the necessary drama for this series" idea....but they are acting out of character across the board. The veneer is that they have adopted a new, harder line as a last ditch effort to protect themselves and live in peace, but it seems to me that there is another, darker undercurrent here. Can't wait to see it play out!

BANNED

Speaking of AvX, its funny how Richards had no issue with the XMen helping the world or being allied with Magneto when his son wasnt in the equation.

I don't like Rogers but Id be fine with him throwing his words back in his face now. Hypocrite.

BANNED

Really ironic when certain people on this board want to talk about others being hypocrites.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTFSXX View Post
    I'd like to buy the "X-Men are being jerks to create the necessary drama for this series" idea....but they are acting out of character across the board. The veneer is that they have adopted a new, harder line as a last ditch effort to protect themselves and live in peace, but it seems to me that there is another, darker undercurrent here. Can't wait to see it play out!
    It's real hard to deny this. And I'm not sure we're really meant to be cheering it on. It's supposed to be a bit concerning and creepy.

As for Reed, hasn't Reed maybe learned his lesson? Unlike Beast and Charles, he seems to be at least trying to not be the ******* he was.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Speaking of AvX, its funny how Richards had no issue with the XMen helping the world or being allied with Magneto when his son wasnt in the equation.

I don't like Rogers but Id be fine with him throwing his words back in his face now. Hypocrite.
    I got you, sibling.

It's real hard to deny this. And I'm not sure we're really meant to be cheering it on. It's supposed to be a bit concerning and creepy.

As for Reed, hasn't Reed maybe learned his lesson? Unlike Beast and Charles, he seems to be at least trying to not be the ******* he was.
    Well, "Reed does something for the sake of his children without consulting them or Sue and is called for it" is Classic Reed.

He has learned and forgotten a hundred times the "Don't hide things from your family" lesson.

Making experiments on your child is a clear sign of improvement and a higher morality.