Page 76 of 92 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1372

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    IMO you have not demonstrated how Susan possesses either trait ...prejudice and being willfully ignorant. And give specific in-story sources that demonstrate this conclusion.
    Pretending you don’t understand why mutants are finally going full Revolución, then going on to accuse them (friends and family) of being segregationists and kidnappers is being willfully ignorant.

See House of X #1 and X-Men/Fantastic Four #1.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    It absolutely makes sense. "Good people" look the other way every day irl.
    Sad but true. These people put on costumes and say they are helping the world but a big portion of the population is getting ignored. On the flip side, Krakoa is established to protect mutants and the very first law created is to not kill humans. "Protecting a world that fears and hates them" ™.

That's why I don't see the "supremacist" label. Yes, Erik may feel that way and talk that way, but Charles himself said...

Like most governments, there are opposing views on the council.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'll be the first to admit that it's frustrating that the writers/editors/offices don't bring the two worlds together more. As heroes, it doesn't quite make sense to me that the Fam and the Avengers would look the other way as these slaughters happen, but that's what we've been given. And it's especially poignant when Reed and Sue have a son who is a mutant, safe in his home while others like him are killed on the streets.
    Yeah editorial is at faults about that. There used to be a bit more cohesion in the past though (like during Second Coming they came to help).

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah editorial is at faults about that. There used to be a bit more cohesion in the past though (like during Second Coming they came to help).
    Yup. Then again, I have my CVS-length receipts at the ready so let's take a look at what just happened right before Krakoa, shall we?

The crowd then pounces on him for being a "mutant lover". They knock him to the floor and knock his glasses off, so he starts shooting uncontrollably. The mob gets angrier and Cap comes to break it up.

"These are trying times". Nice one, Cap.

No one is arrested for beating on him. Cap has to order the cops to stand down from shooting Scott. Scott is basically suicidal at this point and makes a statement in front of the cameras saying if any X-Men are still out there, to meet him "where it all began" in two nights. Of course a gaggle of villains show up to kill him but who doesn't show up? Not one "hero" to look after him. He would have died if Logan didn't show up, thanks to Emma.

This is where we are, boys and girls. This is why Krakoa exists and why the mutants will do what they can to protect their own.
    Last edited by JB; 02-24-2020 at 02:58 PM.

The Krakoan Gang keeps dropping receipts.

Isn't it only X-Men books where this keeps happening, though? I remember when X-Men: Red happened and the Avengers showed up to help take down Cassandra Nova and everyone here was complaining that it made it look like the X-Men needed help.

BANNED

I don't understand WHY Mutants having their OWN home is such a problem.......

When I look at Wakanda, Latveria, Atlantis I mean these countries are just as much dangerous as Krakoa is. And I get the concern I do. Very powerful people centered on one place, that is scary.

I don't understand why Humans just can't leave Mutants alone??

And the crushing part is none of the Heroes: Avengers, Champions Fantastic Four ETC are not defending the X-Men for their decision to have a better life. This is sad to me.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-24-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yup. Then again, I have my CVS-length receipts at the ready so let's take a look at what just happened right before Krakoa, shall we?

The crowd then pounces on him for being a "mutant lover". They knock him to the floor and knock his glasses off, so he starts shooting uncontrollably. The mob gets angrier and Cap comes to break it up.

"These are trying times". Nice one, Cap.

No one is arrested for beating on him. Cap has to order the cops to stand down from shooting Scott. Scott is basically suicidal at this point and makes a statement in front of the cameras saying if any X-Men are still out there, to meet him "where it all began" in two nights. Of course a gaggle of villains show up to kill him but who doesn't show up? Not one "hero" to look after him. He would have died if Logan didn't show up, thanks to Emma.

This is where we are, boys and girls. This is why Krakoa exists and why the mutants will do what they can to protect their own.
    I still blame Rosenburg for this. He's the one who wanted a really depressing storyline.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't understand WHY Mutants having their OWN home is such a problem.......I don't get it.

When I look at Wakanda, Latveria, Atlantis I mean these countries are just as much dangerous than Krakoa is. And I get the concern I do. Very powerful people centered on one place, that is scary.

But to me how i'm looking at it is. I don't understand why Humans just can't leave Mutants alone.

And the crushing part is none of the Heroes are defending the X-Men, they are not even trying to understand WHY they might want their own Country. This is sad to me.
    The issue isn't that they have their own country, the issue is...well, all the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I still blame Rosenburg for this. He's the one who wanted a really depressing storyline.
    There's definitely more examples. From Decimation up to AvX stuff was cold.

Have any of the heroes complained about mutants having their own country? All I see is questioning about protecting mutants that don't deserve it or trying to manipulate mutants that might not want to join.

BANNED

Hickman has gone out of his way to show Xavier was still his optimistic self on numerous occasions, from declaring his love to humans to Moira pointing out despite her relentless efforts she hasnt been able to break him. But detractors in and out of universe have chosen their narrative and pick the elements that fit into it to validate themselves. Lest we forget mutantkind has tried living alongside humanity, resulting in Genosha, Operation Zero Tolerance, Genosha again, Decimation, being forced to exile to Utopia, being chased out of Krakoa, the Terrigen Mists and the entirety of Rosenberg Uncanny X-Men. And they have also tried keeping to themselves, as seen in Moira's 4th life and the aforementionned destruction of Genosha and Utopia. Whats funny is whatever they do they get criticized but no one ever comes up with a solution or an alternative, ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The issue isn't that they have their own country, the issue is...well, all the other stuff.
    What is the all other stuff? LOL. I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Isn't it only X-Men books where this keeps happening, though? I remember when X-Men: Red happened and the Avengers showed up to help take down Cassandra Nova and everyone here was complaining that it made it look like the X-Men needed help.
    I believe Jean called them for help because Cassandra had commandeered part of South Korea's army and a military helicarrier, planning to use them to start a global war between humanity and mutants.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    What is the all other stuff? LOL. I need to know.
    Well, the mutants have had their own nation before and the other heroes left them alone.

Also, for us fans, Krakoa is just creepy AF. They have recruited monsters like Sinister and Magneto is fine letting Omega Red in. And why? Because they have the X-gene. And everyone is fine!