Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1372
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Well, the mutants have had their own nation before and the other heroes left them alone.

Also, for us fans, Krakoa is just creepy AF. They have recruited monsters like Sinister and Magneto is fine letting Omega Red in. And why? Because they have the X-gene. And everyone is fine!
    Ok, Fair Point.

Honestly, I don't think it's Creepy AF. I'm on board with Villains being included because if this happened without the Villains I can guarantee we as fans would be asking "Well how Come Mutant Villains are not allowed on Krakoa".

I think it would be very counter productive if Charles is saying "All Mutants are welcome to Krakoa. But NOT YOU Erik, Not you Exodus, not you Apocalypse DEFINITELY, not you Omega and Selene etc." They would get mad and will either Conquer Krakoa as their own or BURN THAT PLACE TO THE GROUND LOL.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-24-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I believe Jean called them for help because Cassandra had commandeered part of South Korea's army and a military helicarrier, planning to use them to start a global war between humanity and mutants.
    Doesn't really change the fact that the Avengers showed up, took orders from the X-Men without question, and fans complained that they showed up at all.

I still blame Rosenburg for this. He's the one who wanted a really depressing storyline.
    That run was a hot mess but I thought this opening issue was great. Everything went downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Have any of the heroes complained about mutants having their own country? All I see is questioning about protecting mutants that don't deserve it or trying to manipulate mutants that might not want to join.
    Sue asking, "what are you all thinking?" in HOX #1.

Well, the mutants have had their own nation before and the other heroes left them alone.

Also, for us fans, Krakoa is just creepy AF. They have recruited monsters like Sinister and Magneto is fine letting Omega Red in. And why? Because they have the X-gene. And everyone is fine!
    We just have to remember that Moira states the only way for mutants to survive is to be united. As Charles says at the closing of the first council meeting, it's "distasteful" having to run a nation but it has to be done.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Besides the point of Krakoa being that uniting mutantkind is the only way to ensure survival, this isn’t even the first time Omega Red has helped out the X-Men.

Doesn't really change the fact that the Avengers showed up, took orders from the X-Men without question, and fans complained that they showed up at all.
    I wasn't around for those complaints so I dunno. But the fact the villain had control of an army is what brought the Avengers in, not simply helping mutants.

Sue asking, "what are you all thinking?" in HOX #1.
    In response to stopping them from arresting Sabretooth and giving the known unrepentant mass murderer amnesty.

And being separated is one of the factors that made Moira fail in the previous lives. They're making it different by having everyone join the cause.

In response to stopping them from arresting Sabretooth and giving the known unrepentant mass murderer amnesty.
    She was commenting the whole Krakoa thing.

"This amnesty. The other things Xavier is doing. What are all of you thinking?". It's the entire idea of Krakoa and what it stands for that she's questioning. Again, I'm not faulting her lack of understanding but it's there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ok, Fair Point.
    Not a fair point at all. How do the Avengers invading Utopia equate to leaving them alone. How is Genosha being burned to the ground supposed to be an enviable outcome for mutants? Its so disingenuous.

"This amnesty. The other things Xavier is doing. What are all of you thinking?". It's the entire idea of Krakoa and what it stands for that she's questioning. Again, I'm not faulting her lack of understanding but it's there.
    She's specifying the amnesty of a mass murderer first.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ok, Fair Point.

Honestly, I don't think it's Creepy AF. I'm on board with Villains being included because if this happened without the Villains I can guarantee we as fans would be asking "Well how Come Mutant Villains are not allowed on Krakoa".

I think it would be very counter productive if Charles is saying "All Mutants are welcome to Krakoa. But NOT YOU Erik, Not you Exodus, not you Apocalypse DEFINITELY, not you Omega and Selene etc." They would get mad and will either Conquer Krakoa as their own or BURN THAT PLACE TO THE GROUND LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    And being separated is one of the factors that made Moira fail in the previous lives. They're making it different by having everyone join the cause.
    But here's the thing, why are you all just assuming that Moira isn't...crazy AF? Her plan, as I have said before, is basically out of Evangelion and she's basing her experience on only a few lifetimes, several of which she basically made worse herself.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Not a fair point at all. How do the Avengers invading Utopia equate to leaving them alone. How is Genosha being burned to the ground supposed to be an enviable outcome for mutants? Its so disingenuous.
    The Avengers left Genosha alone, even under Magneto's rule.

Extraordinary Member

She's specifying the amnesty of a mass murderer first.
    And again, Magneto is accepting that children might be murdered. But that's OK, because they can just be brought back after being eaten!

And none of you find that horrific? Not to mention that they just let him go and he immediately meets up with Dracula right outside the fucking gate?

But here's the thing, why are you all just assuming that Moira isn't...crazy AF? Her plan, as I have said before, is basically out of Evangelion and she's basing her experience on only a few lifetimes, several of which she basically made worse herself.
    Of course she's going to mess it up, that's what makes this run interesting hahaha but trying to get everyone on the same boat after failing singularly could work in their perspective.