Page 32 of 92 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    It’s canon with a capital K.
    No that’s basically personal paranoia talking, something that everyone experiences at some point where they question what the true motives are. It’s hardly the first time that that question of if Reed is really trying to help x has been brought up and every time, they’ve come to realize that, yes, he is doing all he can and, smartest man on Earth or not, he’s still just human and not everything is something he can solve so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    So it's unreasonable when Sue does it but completely fine when Scott does it?
    Haven't you heard? Mutants and humans are held to different standards in these here parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And Xavier has gone to talks without Magneto numerous times. Magneto has tended to be at meetings where those that they were meeting were untrusted company. If they truly didn’t wish to assert an air of aggression, they wouldn’t have brought Magneto. And, as I said before, they could bring someone trusted with them as a bodyguard for Xavier, but there was no need to bring such a force. One or 2 along with Xavier and Kitty would have worked fine.
    Sue wrapped the FF in a force field long before Magneto arrived, she was intent on starting a fight whether or not he was there.

So it's unreasonable when Sue does it but completely fine when Scott does it?
    No, it is inappropriate in both cases, but Cyclops at least has the excuse of being possessed by the Phoenix Force and the fact that the Avengers entered Utopia with a God of Thunder punching teen mutants.

Do you see that punch?

THAT is trying to kidnap someone, not Xavier and Magneto being jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Haven't you heard? Mutants and humans are held to different standards in these here parts.
    Yea, I’m honestly kinda curious what kinds of reactions we’d get if this preview were posted outside of a space where the overwhelming bias leans towards X-Men.

BANNED

Honestly this is why this is my least favorite board on this site.
    It's all X=Good Everyhing else=bad 90% of the time by 90% of the people.

Spectacular Member

I see those as completely different situations. There's exploring creation and then there's building a sociopolitical power base based on drugs, a legion (heh) of powerful mutants, and eventually buying the rest of the planet. One is altruistic, the other is self-serving.
    It's interesting that you chose to use the word drugs rather than medicines or pharmaceuticals. They obviosly have different overtones.I vividly remember the time at an airport when I told security I needed to keep the bag with my drugs with me.

BANNED

No that’s basically personal paranoia talking, something that everyone experiences at some point where they question what the true motives are. It’s hardly the first time that that question of if Reed is really trying to help x has been brought up and every time, they’ve come to realize that, yes, he is doing all he can and, smartest man on Earth or not, he’s still just human and not everything is something he can solve so easily.
    Exactly, that’s why Franklin belongs with his kind on Krakoa. Reed can’t give him what he needs. •[Å]•, Beast, Xavier, Exodus, Emma Frost — they can do so much more for him.

Yea, I’m honestly kinda curious what kinds of reactions we’d get if this preview were posted outside of a space where the overwhelming bias leans towards X-Men.
    So true.
    All that good faith from when the X-men and the FF were being treated like crap together thanks to the Fox situation seems to have evaporated.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Honestly this is why this is my least favorite board on this site.
    It's all X=Good Everyhing else=bad 90% of the time by 90% of the people.
    No one is forcing you to stay :/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    No, it is inappropriate in both cases, but Cyclops at least has the excuse of being possessed by the Phoenix Force and the fact that the Avengers entered Utopia with a God of Thunder punching teen mutants.

Do you see that punch?

THAT is trying to kidnap someone, not Xavier and Magneto being jerks.
    And the Avengers are trying to stop Earth from being destroyed by a cosmic fire chicken.
    What are the X-Men trying to do besides manipulating a kid into joining their side?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No one is forcing you to stay :/
    See?
    This is my point, its either agree or leave.
    I'd like to talk about the X-Men without constantly needing to hear about how all the other Marvel heroes are flatscans and how every Marvel property is worthless compared to the X-men
    Last edited by Skullkid; 02-21-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

A few thoughts
    There was nothing unusually shady about the way Xavier went to the FF. In fact its reminiscent of how he recruited Kitty Pryde way back when. Magneto hasn't really been a villain in a long while and as two of the leaders of Krakoa and in light of the recent assassination of course they would need guards and outside of Pyro everyone there had been long time friends/allies of the FF. The mutants approached it like business as usual while the FF reacted like they were the SS.

The FF weren't provoked, they significantly overreacted, but that doesn't make them bigots. Frightened certainly, and honestly with good reason. Regardless of your own personal opinion of the X-Men and Krakoa (I like it and think its good), they are secretive and the amnesty and brewing mutant/human conflicts should raise some red flags. That doesn't excuse the overreaction though, nothing the mutants did was worthy of a violent reaction.

Reed didn't tamper with his sons genetics he used "Science!" to mask them. Reed causing issues for his family because of the reckless/thoughtless use of science isn't bad parenting, isn't anti-mutant, it's Tuesday.

All that said, kids a minor his parents have the final say, and nothing requires them to be reasonable about it.

I see those as completely different situations. There's exploring creation and then there's building a sociopolitical power base based on drugs, a legion (heh) of powerful mutants, and eventually buying the rest of the planet. One is altruistic, the other is self-serving.
    What is more self-serving, using your incredible science to satisfy your own curiosity by exploring alternative universes, which has a virtually zero impact on the life of a normal person in the 616 universe or using your science to cure diseases such as Alzheimer's and cancer?

Hehe, Vegan Daddy is one of the last people on here I'd accuse of personal paranoid. You may not be familiar with his way of posting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Damn y’all are really going AWF in this preview!! Lmao anyways I’m just going to drop my two cents in here. You’ll find me hard pressed to find me not relating and agreeing to the X-men in most situations. Did Sue have to greet all of the mutants, some of them her longtime and best friends (Sue literally went wedding dress shopping with Ororo alone with Kitty) with an immediate force field? No. Should she have maybe had glass of Pinot Grigio to calm her suburban mom nerves before popping off like that? Maybe. However the real inciting incident for me(besides Erik having absolutely no sense of tact or timing when it comes to his superiority ideologies) was when Erik intentionally stopped addressing Read and Sue, as Franklin’s parental guardians, effectively bypassing/disregarding their parental authority in front of their son and started addressing Franklin directly on if he’d like to come with them as if Reed and Sue’s opinion was not important? That’s where you lost me. At that point in time all bets would be off. You may come into my home. You may talk to me about options for my child. But you will never disrespect me in front of my child and start conversing with them about serious issues as if I’m not in the room anymore just because you don’t agree with my judgement. Erik’s lucky a roll in the hamster wheel was all he got because their are parental boundaries you do not cross. That was most definitely one of them. Period.

In this week’s preview however Sue does need to chill for a second and think before she overreacts and does something folly. As disgruntled as she is by the altercation she had with the X-men, that fact is there was every possibility her kids ran off on their own volition especially learning about Reed’s violations towards Franklin. To jump to the immediate conclusion that some of your dearest friends, despite recent miscommunications, would KIDNAP your two children, especially with one of them being human and with no cause to be taken, is a huuuuuuge leap. A leap she shouldn’t take so willingly. But we shall see how it all plays out I suppose.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 02-21-2020 at 11:51 AM.