Page 39 of 92 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Oh my oh my now we're dragging Exodus

Exodus is a bigoted zealot it did not matter what church he worshipped at be it Christianity or the Church of Magneto. He is currently churchless after seeing Magneto at a kegger party and losing faith.

Carey wrote him as a scary noble knight. So he is currently being written as Beatrix from FF9

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Of couse say that to the most prominent muslim character from marvel that belongd to the Avengers said, while the X-men has ... who? Monet , who has said that no longer has any faith ? . And Dusk now belongs to the Champions.

While one of the leaders of Krakoa is known for enjoy killing that dirty unfaithful in the name of good.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I canīt believe I am saying this but leave Exodus alone the man just wantīs to read otherworlds library, the fact heīs doing so next to apocalypse, the man who buried him alive for hundreds of years before being rescued by magneto is interesting. Have you ever heard the term "man of his time"? he was born at a certain time hundreds of years ago and was awakened in the modern world, of course that will affect his perception of things, that was Exodus, before he became a mutant zealot for the Acolytes during Bloodties and tried to murder Magnetoīs grandaughter because she was human but then turned over a new leaf after even Magneto said to him, really beat into him, he was going too far.

Now on to the issue, yes, I agree both the FF and X-men are being written oc to create artificial drama my main problem is that the OCness of the X-men makes them the villains of the story and the FF the "heros" of the story even if they are overreacting, itīs sad because Chip really can do a lot better than this, I guess this is Brevroots doing? and itīs a pale shadow of the original X-men vs Fantastic Four crossover, an story that didnīt need to create unneccesary drama to have them fight each other but come to a natural understanding later, the story was about the X-men needing help for Kitty after the mutant massacre but given magnetoīs presence among the X-men they were rejected by Reed and the FF because they thought it was a trap, understably given their past with Magneto, so the X-men went with Doom instead, for help, that picked Reedīs competitive nature and they both ended helping kitty get better, a much more natural and in character story for both teams.

seriously at this point I just want to hear Victor say whatever he wants to Charles, at least that way the mutual insults will feel in character and earned and it will be fun to watch given heīs Doom after all.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-21-2020 at 04:54 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I feel like there is going to be a Ben Grimm and Reed Richards bust up
    Ben will probably play the same role he did in Civil War.

BANNED

Arguing that the crusades were okay at the time sound very uneducated on what the crusades actually were. Its not that serious when it comes to Exodus but still.

Ben was definitely the sensible one. At least he tried to talk with Franklin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Ben will probably play the same role he did in Civil War.
    Right now, Ben Grimm is basically the sanest, most rational person on the planet. Wait, no, that's how it's been for the past fifteen years now.

Whoīs saying the crusades were ok? I would not go as a far as saying they were wrong or right, to me they are a historical fact. The forces that developed them are no longer here for us to really understand why and how they happened but I would not go as far as doing a moral judgment of the people that participated on them at that time, because just like us in our own time, something aparently good like the protection of our people and community, can be twisted by others into an instrument of oppression of one ppl to other ppl.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

Thats what history books are for smh

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Thats what history books are for smh
    Yes, history books are there to help inform us about past events but just like papers in todays world, each book has a different pov, a premise if you want. Itīs not the same to read about the crusades from the muslim pov, to the chirstian pov, to the European pov each one of them has a part of what happened in the actual event, they help us reconstruct the event but the whole picture is not always something affordable.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-21-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think when it comes to things like the Crusades, a lot of people were really bored and wanted something for themselves. Also, you know, to see the world and all that. Then, you know, you go on one of those things and you sort of get stuck and can't just go home.

So, yeah, that's my two-cents on the Crusades.

So if we apply this to X-Men for some reason, then...

Wait, why are we doing this?

We were talking about Exodus so the Crusades became a part of the conversation, sorry for getting off topic

To get into topic, I think itīs interesting the way Reed thinks thereīs a force from where Franklin and superheroīs get their powers thatīs quite interesting, this and Doom and whatīs keeping me interested in the story but I could do with a little more nuance writting for the X-men and the Fantastic Four, really I want to like them here but I cant
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-21-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think when it comes to things like the Crusades, a lot of people were really bored and wanted something for themselves.
    The same thing that led to the Roman expansion across the world. Too many older folk not being ready to hand over their land and property and power and money to the next generation, so they gin up some reason for all the young men to wander off far, far away, conquer some heathen savages, and settle down way over there, and not compete with the olds, who already have everything locked down in Rome/Europe/New England/whatever. But just the young men have to leave to go fight the war, all the young *women* can stay. 'Cause daddy's gonna want to trade up to a younger second wife, eventually...

Pretty much the story of humanity. "You can have my stuff when I die. But that's not today, so GTFO."
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-21-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    We were talking about Exodus so the Crusades became a part of the conversation, sorry for getting off topic

To get into topic, I think itīs interesting the way Reed thinks thereīs a force from where Franklin and superheroīs get their powers thatīs quite interesting, this and Doom and whatīs keeping me interested in the story but I could do with a little more nuance writting for the X-men and the Fantastic Four, really I want to like them here but I cant
    I feel like we've seen this idea before, but I can see how it would be sort of insulting and scary it might be to the mutants, especially given how Charles, Magneto, and Moira are working on the idea that superhumans potentially replace mutants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The same thing that led to the Roman expansion across the world. Too many older folk not being ready to hand over their land and property and power and money to the next generation, so they gin up some reason for all the young men to wander off far, far away, conquer some heathen savages, and settle down way over there, and not compete with the olds, who already have everything locked down in Rome/Europe/New England/whatever. But just the young men have to leave to go fight the war, all the young *women* can stay. 'Cause daddy's gonna want to trade up to a younger second wife, eventually...

Pretty much the story of humanity. "You can have my stuff when I die. But that's not today, so GTFO."
    When you put it like that, this whole thing doesn't exactly bode well for all of Krakoa, especially given that no one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I feel like we've seen this idea before, but I can see how it would be sort of insulting and scary it might be to the mutants, especially given how Charles, Magneto, and Moira are working on the idea that superhumans potentially replace mutants.
    Thereīs a possibility this same force is what gives power to the mutants and superhumans given Franklin is also a mutant.

I think homo novissima are not exactly superhumans, even since the Days of future past story, the sentinels killed all the heros and superhuman population, to rule over human and mutantkind, homo novissima are not superhumans imo, they are a mix of human/machine, something unnatural that was born from the war between humans and mutants, this is what makes them compatible with the phalanx but their story ends with not being sure they are going to be destroyed or absorbed by the phalanx and later with the Shiar Empire lead by Xandra rescuing the mutants left alive and taking over planet earth.

What I understood from the story was that the human vs mutant war only leads to mutual destruction. But then I have the notion that human and mutant are not really a separate species, as Morrison wrote, but separate races or variations from the human species, given a human can still be born from mutants and viceversa, they really need each other to survive and develop as a planet, the thing is that Moira and to a point Xavier and Magneto, seem to think coexistence is no longer possible by any means, so they are doing the next best thing, avoid the human-mutant war by any means neccesary, build a country, keep relations with the human world and use the medicine to keep off the existence of homo novissima. Thatīs more or less what I got from HoX. How they are going about doing this? thatīs really another story.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-21-2020 at 06:33 PM.