Page 62 of 92 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

I might have the age wrong since I read and removed the first part of Slott's run from my head pretty fast.
    He is about 16 ,Reed even says to Xavier "you could have wait in couple of years my son would have been a man."

BANNED

Some people are trying to kidnap her son. The reactions to Sue here are interesting and unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    He is about 16 ,Reed even says to Xavier "you could have wait in couple of years my son would have been a man."
    Ok, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Some people are trying to kidnap her son. The reactions to Sue here are interesting and unsettling.
    They are not though.

when was it ever stated or suggested that Franklin would be kidnapped. The plan was to convince him to come of his free will from the start, that's why Kitty came along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Bullcrap argument, 1st According to the dictionary Marooning is "the intentional act of abandoning someone in an uninhabited area, such as a desert island." That didn't happen, not even close. She didn't kidnap him, steal him or anything like that, they went for a walk, something he was not restricted from doing, and talked.
    Without his parents' knowledge. Nor accord. Whilst being part of ā group whose goal is To have him on their island.
    Call it what you want, she was in wrong here.

In their talk she flat out told him that she would support him against Xavier and everyone else.
    Including his parents, which is extremely antagonistic coming from Her and knowing Said parents treat the kid well.

2nd the X-Men have always recruited young adolescents for the school, there are few differences from this and when they recruited Kitty Pryde.
    And that was wrong too, only made tolerable because those kids were abused or endangered by their parents/guardians, countrary To Franklin and the Richards.

3rd They never said anything about wanting to They didn't leave until they determined that something was effecting/draining Franklins powers and the FF so far were unable to do anything about it. No one seems to know whats happening to him and its perfectly reasonable that they would be concerned and try and help. Including the worst case scenario of wanting to get him into the resurrection protocols in case whatever is happening has more dire long term implications.
    That's a front. We know for a Fact the Kraked want all the oméga mutants on their soil for military reasons. They wanted Franklin a long time before learning of his power issues.

The Krakoans do want to recruit all of the omega class mutants. So what? The whole point of Krakoa was to get all of the mutants working together to survive. You don't do that by ignoring someone as powerful as Franklin. That doesn't mean they are doing anything shady, in fact I'll challenge you to show any evidence that they are. Many of the critics on the site keep assuming some super secret, super shady, long term plan. You and they couldn't be more wrong, Their super secret plan isn't a secret. Unite, Thrive and Survive, not exactly some villainous mantra.
    Franklin is a minor. His family take cares of him. The Kraked should have ignored him until his 18. The end.

I'll be the first to admit that the mutants (not your derogatory "Kracked") could have come across better. I'll also be the first to say that the final decision is not up to Franklin or the mutants, its his parents BUT there is nothing pathetic or despicable about them asking and offering help. AND the FF at every available turn chose to escalate things.
    When the asking and the help-offering comes from an agenda and power-hungry people instead of being disinterested, yes, it is pathetic.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I guess thatīs why I am so attached to the idea of Anya being brought back to life while being a regular human, the sheer drama would be interesting not so much from Magneto who always has seen her as his little girl and would just be happy and even think it a miracle to see her back but from the other characters like Exodus.
    If Anya is brought back to life in Krakoa, she would retcon as a mutant. It is what they did with "X-men: Apocalypse", the movie.
    They prefer Magneto as a unrepentant supremacist than a complex figure lately.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yea, even if they weren’t physically forcing him through the gateway, attempting to lure someone into coming with you especially against the wishes of their parents or legal guardians, is still a form of kidnapping. Even more so when it’s spiriting then away to a place that their parents cannot follow.

BANNED

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    when was it ever stated or suggested that Franklin would be kidnapped. The plan was to convince him to come of his free will from the start, that's why Kitty came along.
    Don't enable them....
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea, even if they weren’t physically forcing him through the gateway, attempting to lure someone into coming with you especially against the wishes of their parents or legal guardians, is still a form of kidnapping. Even more so when it’s spiriting then away to a place that their parents cannot follow.
    This. And it's creepy as hell. I want the X-Men to leave them alone.

There are plenty of emerging mutants that don't have solid parents to be saved. Leave the F4 alone.

see it gets tricky here because then we have Reed suppressing Franklin's biology against his will because he wanted to keep him close. we can play this game for days (which seems to be happening in this thread anyways lol) because obviously neither side took the 100% "right" course of actions. What the x-men did, or at the very least Kitty, was take the time to listen to what Franklin wanted to do and discuss it with him, which definitely doesn't constitute kidnapping imo and provides him with a level of respect his family didn't seem to

Frankly, Kate Pryde must have been brainwashed somehow that she acted this way. Kate who had so much personality and was outspoken is now like: "Me manipulating Franklin thanks to my past connection in order to separate him from his parents? No problem, boss." Are we really asked to believe that she is the same person who, once, said: "Professor X is a jerk!"? Seriously?
    Now you need the FF to criticize Xavier and Magneto…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    If Anya is brought back to life in Krakoa, she would retcon as a mutant. It is what they did with "X-men: Apocalypse", the movie.
    They prefer Magneto as a unrepentant supremacist than a complex figure lately.
    I think this is the sort of thing Hickman would like to introduce to produce natural tension, especially since Magneto is seen as the protector of mutants from the "evil humans". Last time something like this happened ie Lunaīs birth, he went on to become the New Mutants headmaster, this time it would be the beggining of a more clear stance on the relationship with regular humans between Krakoa and the rest of the world given I doubt most mutants already living here donīt have human relatives they care about. This could be the beggining of a political debate inside Krakoa, of them taking a more complex stance on the reason behind mutant persecution instead of just the instintive need to fight between ppl that pretty much is family in most circunstances.

I donīt know Nina was based on Anya but they donīt share much besides that, they donīt even have the same name and little Charles from Age of Apocalypse didnīt seem to show mutant powers either, sure he was a baby but still.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-23-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    see it gets tricky here because then we have Reed suppressing Franklin's biology against his will because he wanted to keep him close. we can play this game for days (which seems to be happening in this thread anyways lol) because obviously neither side took the 100% "right" course of actions. What the x-men did, or at the very least Kitty, was take the time to listen to what Franklin wanted to do and discuss it with him, which definitely doesn't constitute kidnapping imo and provides him with a level of respect his family didn't seem to
    He also has kids low jacked,Not his kids phone mind you his actually kids have tracking chips in them. And if you think about he didn't know the X-men were coming for Franklin, He shut off Franklin's X-gene before the X-men came because he knew Franklin on his own would try to through the gates. Reed has some trust and boundary issues.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-23-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Frankly, Kate Pryde must have been brainwashed somehow that she acted this way. Kate who had so much personality and was outspoken is now like: "Me manipulating Franklin thanks to my past connection in order to separate him from his parents? No problem, boss." Are we really asked to believe that she is the same person who, once, said: "Professor X is a jerk!"? Seriously?
    Now you need the FF to criticize Xavier and Magneto…
    Wasn't she a minor herself when she said that? And wasn't she having some sort of tantrum?