Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1372
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Krakoa's authority? The same authority that allowed Emma Frost to walk into a courtroom and take Creed from US officials.

I may be remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure Krakoa was a recognized Country by UN at this point of the story.
    Well, I guess this is comic book stuff but things just don't happen that quickly in the RW. Again, the story doesn't mention any official title for Cyclops. is he a diplomat for Krakoa? Creed would have to cool his heels in the super-villain section of the Raft for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    But that's amnesty and why, like loke13 said, the U.S. court had to give him up.
    Is there a Krakoan Consulate in NYC for Cyclops to even harbor a citizen of Krakoa. Think about the Julian Assaunge case and apply that. Hey, Doom knows how to work that game with that
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-24-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Well, I guess this is comic book stuff but things just don't happen that quickly in the RW. Again, the story doesn't mention any official title for Cyclops. is he a diplomat for Krakoa? Creed would have to cool his heels in the super-villain section of the Raft for a while.
    I guess it depends on how things go when a nation is being born. We've seen separation of established nations into two in the RW but not too many new nations in our time. But most of them start with a lot of bloodshed unfortunately.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Is there a Krakoan Consulate in NYC for Cyclops to even harbon a citizen of Krakoa. Think about the Julian Assaunge case and apply that. Hey, Doom knows how to work that game with that
    They do! Those habitats are their embassies. I have to look back but I think Emma may have retrieved Creed after the U.N. vote, or after the motion was proposed.

Astonishing Member

I mean I would assume the man who lead his own mutant nation in the past was a diplomat of the new one instead of sending the likes of Pixie and Joe Schmoe the plumber. But like you said is comic book stuff.

Xavier tried the friendly approach with Cyclops and then played hardball with Emma. End result was they still got Creed into their custody.

Got it, just saw it. The mutants are all together because of what Moira saw in her 9 previous lives - destruction of mutantkind by following Xavier's way, Erik's way, and •-[A]-•'s way (Apocalypse). This 10th life is potentially her last and she has determined that the mutants have to be united to survive, and to live at peace with humankind, not go to war with them.
    But we the reader don't see that until issue #2. How is Sue supposed to know of this?

These habitats are their embassies. Each one equipped with a platform for Magneto to stand, poised and sexy.

But we the reader don't see that until issue #2. How is Sue supposed to know of this?
    The telepathic message Charles gave out about them establishing their nation. That's what she was questioning.

Astonishing Member

I think I'm understanding you. You're saying that from the FF PoV the birth of the Krakoa as a mutant nation and the blanket pardon for all mutants who carry the X-gene might have them less than trustworthy of handing over Sabertooth to Cyclops?

The telepathic message Charles gave out about them establishing their nation. That's what she was questioning.
    Which also had Xavier going "we're your superiors and we're going to replace you".

These habitats are their embassies. Each one equipped with a platform for Magneto to stand, poised and sexy.

Oh, I see what you mean. The Jack and the Beanstalk trees growing in various spots. The timeline on those is pretty murky in the book. Didn't they crop up overnight? I think it would reasonable for Sue to ask what's up with that.

I think I'm understanding you. You're saying that from the FF PoV the birth of the Krakoa as a mutant nation and the blanket pardon for all mutants who carry the X-gene might have them less than trustworthy of handing over Sabertooth to Cyclops?
    Exactly! Glad some people are getting it. Most people here look at it from the X people's perspective in that scene. I don't. And knowing how Hickman feels about the FF I doubt if he wants the reader to take it as evidence of Sue being "willfully ignorant" of the issues that the X-Men have had to deal with. Has anyone here even read the love letter to the FF he wrote in his last issue??? Maybe there is a reason why he said Merry Christmas to FF fans but not the X-Men fans on his Twitter.

Astonishing Member

Oh, I see what you mean. The Jack and the Beanstalk trees growing in various spots. The timeline on those is pretty murky in the book. Didn't they crop up overnight? I think it would reasonable for Sue to ask what's up with that.
    Not sure honestly but probably a couple of days to weeks.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Xaviers moves weren't aggressive af but considering where the mutant population was before Xavier/Magneto/Moira enacted their plan well can you blame them?

Not sure honestly but probably a couple of days to weeks.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Xaviers moves weren't aggressive af but considering where the mutant population was before Xavier/Magneto/Moira enacted their plan well can you blame them?
    To tell the truth, haven't followed them in years. I'm only reading a bit now because Hickman is writing it.

Astonishing Member

To tell the truth, haven't followed them in years. I'm only reading a bit now because Hickman is writing it.
    Well yeah let's just say the mutant population was literally on its last legs with no help from the superhero community.

HoX/PoX touches on it a bit but thanks to the likes of humans, Cassandra Nova, Wanda Maximoff, terrigen mist, and vaccinations specially to target the. X-genese. They're really wasn't much choice.