Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1372
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Okay but then I went back to the issue on Marvel Unlimited. I am behind in my reading (except on the Doom series of course) but I did read the first two issues of House of X but have not gone back to catch up.

I also don't want to page back to find the page you posted so I snagged the image. Here is the page before .....Reed mentions some pretty serious crimes committed by Cyclops confederates (for lack of a better term. I doubt they are bosom buddies) like seriously injuring or killing some of the guards of the facility they broke into. Cyclops unrealistically propose amnesty.

Now what does Sue say in answer to Cyclops statement......

So is this the "evidence" we're indicting her with?

I don't know about you but that doesn't constitute willing ignorance or whatever. If that's anyone's evidence then do yourself a favor and never undertake criminal law. Is Sue even privy to what Charles said in a private meeting with representatives of France, China, etc.?

Considering what happened to his fellow mutants when they are all gathered in the same place, I'd wonder what they were thinking too. Or maybe they should look around to see if there are hidden stockpiles of Flavor-Aid on Krakoa. For all she knows, it could be another Jonestown.
    Cyclops attitude there seems to me to be "so what if they were hurt and may die...they're humans so %$&! them."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It may seem unrealistic to them but we know that's how amnesty works. He ends up letting them take Creed so fast forward to the mini and Sue's questioning is the same, questioning what the mutants are doing but not understanding their goal is protect their kind, not to act out just for the sake of acting superior. I think the two books are purposely linked for this. I don't love the characterization happening but I believe Hickman, who is steering the X-ship right now, wants this narrative to play out between them and Sue is being used as that character that doesn't understand why the mutants are doing what they're doing.
    Sorry, I edited my post in the meantime with a few more points I wanted to make, not necessarily to you personally.

Astonishing Member

Okay but then I went back to the issue on Marvel Unlimited. I am behind in my reading (except on the Doom series of course) but I did read the first two issues of House of X but have not gone back to catch up.

I also don't want to page back to find the page you posted so I snagged the image. Here is the page before .....Reed mentions some pretty serious crimes committed by Cyclops confederates (for lack of a better term. I doubt they are bosom buddies) like seriously injuring or killing some of the guards of the facility they broke into. Cyclops unrealistically propose amnesty.

Now what does Sue say in answer to Cyclops statement......

So is this the "evidence" we're indicting her with?

I don't know about you but that doesn't constitute willing ignorance or whatever. If that's anyone's evidence then do yourself a favor and never undertake criminal law. Is Sue even privy to what Charles said in a private meeting with representatives of France, China, etc.?

Considering what happened to his fellow mutants when they are all gathered in the same place, I'd wonder what they were thinking too. Or maybe they should look around to see if there are hidden stockpiles of Flavor-Aid on Krakoa. For all she knows, it could be another Jonestown.
    I'm confused. By law Sabertooth was a Krakoan citizen and Cyclops was well within his right to ask that Reed hand him over? Did Reed assume that Cyclops was just there to let Creed keep on commiting murders?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm confused. By law Sabertooth was a Krakoan citizen and Cyclops was well within his right to ask that Reed hand him over? Did Reed assume that Cyclops was just there to let Creed keep on commiting murders?
    By whose authority? Does Cyclops have any diplomatic standing at this point in time? And Sabretoothe? He doesn't have any diplomatic immunity.

Sorry, I edited my post in the meantime with a few more points I wanted to make, not necessarily to you personally.
    Got it, just saw it. The mutants are all together because of what Moira saw in her 9 previous lives - destruction of mutantkind by following Xavier's way, Erik's way, and •-[A]-•'s way (Apocalypse). This 10th life is potentially her last and she has determined that the mutants have to be united to survive, and to live at peace with humankind, not go to war with them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

By whose authority? Does Cyclops have any diplomatic standing at this point in time? And Sabretoothe? He doesn't have any diplomatic immunity.
    Krakoa's authority? The same authority that allowed Emma Frost to walk into a courtroom and take Creed from US officials.

I may be remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure Krakoa was a recognized Country by UN at this point of the story.
    Last edited by loke13; 02-24-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Because in a comic Mutants are actually genetically "superior" to humans
    I'd love to know what makes Leech superior vs a vs humans, or the mutant with 3 faces that Cassandra Nova killed. Hickman has maintained the theme that mutants are constantly fighting a losing battle. That makes a mockery of their claim to being superior simply because they have super-powers. The claim to being superior is only justified when talking about the top ones like Xavier, Magneto Etc. A lot of mutants have rather mundane abilities that don't make them particularly superior to anyone. The original concept did try to stick to individuals that did possess superior skills, but enough writers have veered off that plan and created a lot of mutants whose superpowers are more like birth defects than they are gifts that make them superior.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Exactly. Creed...whatever his nationality...just committed multiple crimes. If any of us were in a foreign country and broke several laws we would not just be sent home to our home country. We would be put on trial and if convicted serve out our time in their prison system....or whatever the court decided for our punishment. Remember the guy that got caned in Singapore??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Cyclops attitude there seems to me to be "so what if they were hurt and may die...they're humans so %$&! them."
    He was fed up especially after his experience in Uncanny just before this. But they punished Creed good, so good that many people thought it was unfair. *shrug*

BANNED

Because Leech can shut down any other mutant abilities when a flatscan cant....?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He was fed up especially after his experience in Uncanny just before this. But they punished Creed good, so good that many people thought it was unfair. *shrug*
    It was not Krakoa's place to punish Creed for crimes on U.S. soil.

Astonishing Member

Exactly. Creed...whatever his nationality...just committed multiple crimes. If any of us were in a foreign country and broke several laws we would not just be sent home to our home country. We would be put on trial and if convicted serve out our time in their prison system....or whatever the court decided for our punishment. Remember the guy that got caned in Singapore??
    Except that's not at all what happened. The government literally gave up Creed to Krakoan officials.

Quote Originally Posted by jonincentex View Post
    I'd love to know what makes Leech superior vs a vs humans, or the mutant with 3 faces that Cassandra Nova killed. Hickman has maintained the theme that mutants are constantly fighting a losing battle. That makes a mockery of their claim to being superior simply because they have super-powers. The claim to being superior is only justified when talking about the top ones like Xavier, Magneto Etc. A lot of mutants have rather mundane abilities that don't make them particularly superior to anyone. The original concept did try to stick to individuals that did possess superior skills, but enough writers have veered off that plan and created a lot of mutants whose superpowers are more like birth defects than they are gifts that make them superior.
    No joke, the discussion about the "superior" narrative started on page 58 of this thread. Some very good points were made.

But that's amnesty and why, like loke13 said, the U.S. court had to give him up.

Astonishing Member

Apparently the U.S. disagrees with you. Or whatever clandestine org is responsible for punishing super powered criminals.