Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Welcome to the X-boards where if you’re a mutant, you’re better than humans and automatically 100% right all the time because of racial persecution, unless you agree with those who aren’t mutants. Then you’re not only 100% wrong, you’re an Uncle Tom.
    You're exaggerating. Plenty of members on here that don't agree with Krakoa and we discuss this stuff all the time. And plenty of members that have said both sides are right or wrong.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Welcome to the X-boards where if you’re a mutant, you’re better than humans and automatically 100% right all the time because of racial persecution, unless you agree with those who aren’t mutants. Then you’re not only 100% wrong, you’re an Uncle Tom.
    And now they use the LGBT metaphor to call out the FF.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    There's no real conflict here. Reed & Sue are completely right in their current position. Their first interaction with the Krakoans after its establishment was that militant confrontation in front of the Krakoan gate. It was unapologetic, and to X-Men fans it felt powerful and confident, but in context it was incredibly disrespectful to the FF. Things did not start off well.

In the previous issue we have a force of mutants capable of leveling countless Sentinels descending onto a residential neighborhood (I keep using this exact line to paint just how absurd this situation is when all they want to do is have a chat). There is no need for so many powerful mutants to discuss something that would take all of 5 minutes with Kate or Storm. The intent here was clear: Intimidation. In Sue & Reed's home Erik goes on a mutant supremacist tirade to a family that has kept mutant children and team members safe for years. Charles, rather than rebuke him, reinforces Erik's position with regards to mutant-human relations. It's no surprise that Sue and Reed got upset, these two men are peddling an ideology that is mental poison. What's crazy is that despite this, Reed even tells Charles that with a few short years Franklin will be a grown man and can make that decision himself. But that wasn't enough.

Eventually Kate takes it upon herself to kidnap a minor during the fracas. Cue the wild violation Reed did to prevent that, and Franklin is more determined to go to Krakoa. And now they're on the boat and their parents are desperate to find them. Going into this issue Sue is already seething and they get Cyclops of all people (definitely not a people person) to console her? The man who started this whole sour exchange way back? The council needs to appoint some mutants as PR because yipes.

Now I'm absolutely certain this is something they decided on at a writers summit. This constant, abrasive attitude towards the rest of the planet from Krakoans. So far they're doing a good job in terms of consistency, as its lending itself to a global sense of tension in the X-Line.
    Exactly. Kate should have gone alone and extended the invitation. To the whole family.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I think that says more about the evil nature of humanity than it does the mutants. Humans are only willing to let mutantkind live in peace if the have something to offer.
    Frankly the entire thing is a massive game of chicken at this point but mutantkind are basically poking the bear with the stick with the sheer amount of arrogance that they’re expressing in presenting themselves as better than everyone else while holding a quid pro quo above their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2020/0...cious-baubles/
    35:50

Zdarsky: “I liken it to a queer kid being raised by lefty, super well-meaning parents who will always say they understand and are super supportive but don’t understand 100%, so that kid has to find their community.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Exactly. Kate should have gone alone and extended the invitation. To the whole family.
    But then in how many days Valeria would discover moira and krakoa dirty secrets? they are so afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Zdarsky: “I liken it to a queer kid being raised by lefty, super well-meaning parents who will always say they understand and are super supportive but don’t understand 100%, so that kid has to find their community.
    That is uncalled for. genetics and LGBT problems are nowhere a metaphor

Frankly the entire thing is a massive game of chicken at this point but mutantkind are basically poking the bear with the stick with the sheer amount of arrogance that they’re expressing in presenting themselves as better than everyone else while holding a quid pro quo above their heads.
    If you equate "we don't want to be murdered anymore" to presenting themselves as better than everyone else, then sure.

Thank you for this. I literally LOL'd when spirit called readers out for comparing it to LGBTQ+ when the WRITER said it. Next!

I'm not hopping onboard the fantastic four hate train, but I do believe Zdarsky intended for us to draw these type of metaphors from the story. I'm sure Sue and Reed will have a better understanding and tolerance towards their son's mutant identity by the end of this.

Reed can come to Krakoa when he squeezes in curing the legacy virus, restoring the X-gene, and nullifying terrigen mists into his schedule.

Extraordinary Member

Krakoa holds nothing incriminating, exposing, damaging, or compromising over humans. If they don’t accept it then they will live life how they’ve been living it like four months ago. The word you’re looking for is leverage. That being if mutants keep making drugs, they don’t get bombed to kingdom come.
    Semantics...recognize us or people who need our medications to survive all get to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thank you for this. I literally LOL'd when spirit called readers out for comparing it to LGBTQ+ when the WRITER said it. Next!
    LMAO

Like this whole story was created in the lens of metaphorical queerness. If there are other reads then fine, but this is literally authorial intent.

That is uncalled for. genetics and LGBT problems are nowhere a metaphor
    You aren’t trying to pretend the X-Men have never stood as allegories for the LGBTQ+ community, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Semantics...recognize us or people who need our medications to survive all get to die.
    Blackmail denotes that Krakoa doesn’t have anything to lose whereas the humans are at the mercy of them. That is not the case.
    Last edited by Tycon; 02-20-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    This is neither the problem, nor the point, nor was it even brought up in the series so far. The FF losing their mind at the idea of Franklin exploring his mutantness is.
    You argue that they should have their parental authority revoked, who is gonna revoke ?? the dads of the year ??

The entire event is a no sense, they had never forbid Franklin to explore his "Mutantness", they are characters from a different franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Reed can come to Krakoa when he squeezes in curing the legacy virus, restoring the X-gene, and nullifying terrigen mists into his schedule.
    To be fair, he was MIA during the terrigenocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    You argue that they should have their parental authority revoked, who is gonna revoke ?? the dads of the year ??

The entire event is a no sense, they had never forbid Franklin to explore his "Mutantness", they are characters from a different franchise.
    Franklin never really care about his mutantness. He just want his powers back

Now i want to see if x-men gonna take artie and Leech too