Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That would work for me. But then we wouldn't have, between this thread and last issue, 143 pages of smashing things over each other's heads.
    Just wait until the issue is out, this forum will look like this:

*sniff* I can't talk about this *sniff*
    Same If we can´t have Mr Carey back it would be nice to get Bunn back I just know he would love to play in the Krakoa playground. His main interest is horror I am sure he has some ideas of what to do with Selene, Emplante, Apocalypse and of course Magneto.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-23-2020 at 03:58 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

AHHH! Yes it sure seems like it.

So what does everyone think is wrong with Franklin's powers?
    He's a False God, Fraud, Pretender, and Insufferable little snot until the world/marvel needs a deus ex machina.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Honestly...just waxing and waning...the next writer who needs him all godlike will just make him godlike.
    Watch Doom brandish a remote, click a button and Franklin is fine again.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He's a False God, Fraud, Pretender, and Insufferable little snot until the world/marvel needs a deus ex machina.
    Oh my. Tell us how you really feel, Journey.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

Oh...please...you give us too much credit...it will be worse,

This is why I think it's incredibly irresponsible for Johnny to be head-flaming inside the house. I need this handled immediately.

BANNED

I’m still waiting for Valeria to ‘ok boomer’ Magneto.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Oh...please...you give us too much credit...it will be worse,
    lol You are right the whole forum will be on fire and Jonny needs to stop or at least get out of the room like Jbenito said.

She probably will but this is a Magneto that has been forced to take care of the New Mutants, the 05 X-men and the Young Avengers for a short while, at least Valeria will not threaten him to a duel like Magik used to do back in the day.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-23-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Wait. Do people genuinely think calling Krakoans "Kraked" is a drag?
    Meh, I wouldn't worry about it, probably me being stupid. It just was that extra little irritant as I usually only see it from the militantly anti-Krakoan squad. Usually accompanying yet another poorly sourced rant about the cultish evils of Krakoa

It's going down on Wednesday.

Same If we can´t have Mr Carey back it would be nice to get Bunn back I just know he would love to play in the Krakoa playground. His main interest is horror I am sure he has some ideas of what to do with Selene, Emplante, Apocalypse and of course Magneto.
    Bunn would do amazing in the Krakoa environment with all the grey characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Uh how does Valeria know Tabitha Smith?!!????
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It's going down on Wednesday.
    I'm taking the day off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    No, she wasn't. Not morally, not ethically and not legally. She did not remove him from his home. She did not take him from his parents. The went for a walk and talked.
    The part were she went for a walk is the part were she was in the wrong. Full stop.
    She is an adult. He's a minor. She had no business doing that without the parents' knowledge or approval, especially given how she showed up with a group of people trying To have the kid leave his family To begin with.
    You are just excusing Her behaviour for reasons unknown.

She solicited his opinions and let him know that whatever his decision she would support him.
    Could have done that without flying Franklin to the closest gate conspicuously.

His parents might not have liked that, they might not want their son to associate with specific groups or people.
    Please.
    No parent will like having their kid disappearing on them with someone else without their knowledge nor consent, which is what happened here and which is what the issue is here.

Guess what though, that's not illegal, parents throughout history complain about who their kids associate with and theres not much they can do about it unless they do something illegal (and spoiler, they didn't).
    Why are you moving the goalpost here ? The issue is not that the parents want to control who their kid associates himself (spoiler: that's missing the point), the issue is that their kid was almost abducted by someone who took advantage of his trust and the previous "relationship" they had, aka Pryde.

Furthermore a part of her message was that even if he did go he was never more than a short walk away from his parents.
    That.is.Not.The.Point. JESUS.
    Franklin is a MINOR.
    Enabling him To be removed from his family/ to run away on his family is a CRIME.
    Kate had no business doing what she did.

Two things, one spoiler, Kitty Pryde and probably many of the X-Men weren't abused.
    So what ? Didn't the X-Men recruit youngsters who were in danger from their families ? Or abused ? Those don't count because their name isn't Kitty Pryde or they're not A-listers ?
    How does any of that impact what I said exactly ?

Two, Franklin's loss of powers could potentially be dangerous as no one understands the cause, and was the stated reason why the Krakoans got involved when they did. Unless of course you have actual evidence to the contrary...
    Data page of whatever that HoX/PoX issue was. There's no altruistic motivation behind the Kraked's interest in Franklin, him Having problems with his powers is just a front to approach him, an excuse.

Yes the group founded upon the idea of unity for all of their people wanted one of their people to join them, however its not just the Omegas. In fact there seems to be a whole half of the New Mutants that was dedicated to the idea of reaching out to mutants who didn't go to Krakoa and they didn't start with Franklin. The fact that they didn't approach until they learned about his power issues works against your thesis, especially as it could be a sign of harm inflicted upon him.
    Right now, mutants with precognitive powers are barred from Krakoa, litteraly forbidden on that island. So no, I disagree with that angle of "Krakoa exists for all mutants" , it's factually wrong.
    And because of the data page I mentionned earlier, I disagree with the "altruistic Kraked" narrative you and others are selling behind their move on Franklin. It's not altruistic, it's a power-hungry move by nature.
    Last point: Franklin is a minor, the Kraked have no right To try and lure him away from his parents. Period.

Further where has it ever been stated that they want the omega mutants for military purposes? That is either a gross assumption (which is an invalid criticism) or an outright lie (also an invalid criticism). In fact, we know of at least two omega level mutants who are kept away from military activity, Proteus and Hope. Unless of course you have actual evidence to the contrary...
    The Omega are gathered To consolidate Krakoa's power in regard to other nations, so yes, it is military in nature.
    Also, the Résurrection protocols are used To also resurrect fallen warriors of Krakoa, so no, you are wrong in saying those two oméga are kept away from military duty. There's more To it than fighting on the frontline or gathering intelligence.

Franklin is an un-emancipated minor and his parents have the final say on his care. However nothing in that means that others can't have an interest, advise, make recommendations and offer help. Schools and private institutions have been doing so for centuries. There is nothing unethical or immoral in that.
    Parents aren't required to take the help/advice but there is nothing evil, unethical or immoral about offering it.
    Said schools and private institutions receive a mandate from the parents/families for that, either implicit or explicit, and even then, there are limits To what they can say, teach, advise the children they interact with.
    The X-Men and Xavier are neither schooling Franklin nor received the authorization To talk To him from his parents. They have no business talking To him without their approval. That's that.

Every person in the world has an agenda and no one invests in issues they are disinterested in. Xavier has spent his whole career being motivated by ensuring the well being of mutants. Franklin is a mutant in crisis because his powers are depleting and no one has been able to figure out how or why. The Krakoans have a significant amount of resources that even Reed Richards does not. Unless you have evidence that this was about something nefarious (You don't) your argument doesn't work.
    There's nothing altruistic Behind the Kraked's motives, and I already Said why several time. The rest are just excuses you are making for their behaviour toward the Richards. It's fine really, but I'm not buying what you are selling, sorry.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 02-23-2020 at 04:36 PM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

I'm taking the day off.
    I'm already stretching my fingers to hit the keyboard.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Magneto was born before WWII so I can't see how he'd be in the boomer generation

This is officially trash and I love it. Let's get Real Housewives already and have a drunk dinner scene.