Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    "It is current priority of the mutant nation of Krakoa to protect and nurture it is greatest natural resource." Wow that really sound like they want Franklin Richards for power and military purposes...Sigh
    So there we have a more clear connection between Hickman's work and this mini, the protecting and nurturing of natural resources and here we have an Omega losing his powers. It's all fitting together.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

What does anything have to do with american politicians lmao

Aww he looks cute there.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

Look at unrepentant supremacist Magneto greenlighting and encouraging other mutants to endanger their lives to save humankind. So mean. So nasty and so rude.
    Noted narcissist and pathological speechmaker Magneto intervenes in a complicated situation he let grow out of control by not following his own laws, in order to present himself as heroic to a traumatized woman whose body he's been sexually attracted to for years. Nooooble.

Remember when he recently murderered a young mutant teenager rather than sacrifice himself to prevent an evil psychic manifestation from harming others? Or that time he played "hide the paperclip" with that terrified woman who only wanted to protect her community and be left alone? Why are we always taking snap shots of him when he's pretending to be noble, instead of showing what he's really like when he thinks he's about to get away with something?

"A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

Look at unrepentant supremacist Magneto greenlighting and encouraging other mutants to endanger their lives to save humankind. So mean. So nasty and so rude.
    Thank you that image is everything I wanted to answer Still one of my favourite issues from Dawn of X series.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I guess thatīs why I am so attached to the idea of Anya being brought back to life while being a regular human, the sheer drama would be interesting not so much from Magneto who always has seen her as his little girl and would just be happy and even think it a miracle to see her back but from the other characters like Exodus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    If Anya is brought back to life in Krakoa, she would retcon as a mutant. It is what they did with "X-men: Apocalypse", the movie.
    They prefer Magneto as a unrepentant supremacist than a complex figure lately.
    Something just struck me...What if Zaladane is Anya...or a clone of her? She would have to have a genetic compatibility to take Lorna's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    2nd the X-Men have always recruited young adolescents for the school, there are few differences from this and when they recruited Kitty Pryde.
    You mean when Kitty was captured by White Queen and Jean/Phoenix used her powers to psychically assault Kitty's parents to rewrite their memories to manipulate them into sending Kitty to the school??

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Noted narcissist and pathological speechmaker Magneto intervenes in a complicated situation he let grow out of control by not following his own laws, in order to present himself as heroic to a traumatized woman whose body he's been sexually attracted to for years. Nooooble.

Remember when he recently murderered a young mutant teenager rather than sacrifice himself to prevent an evil psychic manifestation from harming others? Or that time he played "hide the paperclip" with that terrified woman who only wanted to protect her community and be left alone? Why are we always taking snap shots of him when he's pretending to be noble, instead of showing what he's really like when he thinks he's about to get away with something?
    As it is exagerrated to say Xavier has been a perpetual manipulator, it is also exaggerated to present Magneto as Mr "I am strong, I'm right and mutants must follow me"…

However, it seems that recent authors are fascinated by a Magneto that is arrogant, powerful and not very bothered by morals…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Anya, Nina… Right.

Of course, it would be interesting. But Magneto hasn't been that supremacist since a very long time.
    They could have picked him from there instead of making of him such a simplistic person "Me mutant, me superior!"
    Yes it annoys me too but then we have seen some different sides of him with different writers with Percy in Wolverine and X-force and Fallen Angels with Hill, I wish we could see more of this Magneto with Hickman, given the new mutants era with Headmaster magneto is one of his favourites X-men eras.

It could be a turning point.
    Exactly imo it could help to get a more instrospective view into the kind of society Krakoa is building, in fact X-Factor author said something about exploring humans living on Krakoa, and itīs quite an interesting to see because itīs just not the same the fact of being afraid of human institutions that have been harming you for years to living alongside with regular human ppl you also love in a context where both can live alongside without trouble, there will always be prejuice from both sides imo because ppl will always have different oppinions, but this doesnīt change the fact humans give birth to mutants and mutants can and will give birth to humans, Krakoa canīt change this reality and itīs reason to make them ask themselves in what kind of society they want to live.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

Because different writers have different handles on him and Bunn wanted precisely to build an story when he was the monster humans were afraid off I guess. Something quite different to his usual portrayal and even during this run he was shown having genuine regret over his actions and ending the story with him trying to save the same world he hated.

I guess I am way too permissive but then again he lives in a world where wolverine is considered a hero despite him going on constant rampanges killing ppl left, right and center or even killing his children around the marvel universe, without his knownlege but still.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-23-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Because different writers have different handles on him and Bunn wanted precisely to build an story when he was the monster humans were afraid off I guess. Something quite different to his usual portrayal and even during this run he was shown having genuine regret over his actions, I guess I am way too permissive but then again he lives in a world where wolverine is considered a hero despite him going on constant rampanges killing ppl left, right and center or even killing his children around the marvel universe, without his knownlege but still.
    Bunn's take on Magneto was always interesting to me and he once said in an interview that Magneto "is a villain and will always be a villain". He was annoyed that there were barely any true villains in the X-Books anymore. I wonder how he felt when they arrived on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Bunn's take on Magneto was always interesting to me and he once said in an interview that Magneto "is a villain and will always be a villain". He was annoyed that there were barely any true villains in the X-Books anymore. I wonder how he felt when they arrived on Krakoa.
    You know I actually like Bunn but boy he made me angry sometimes XD

I didnīt like all he did with Magneto but his part in the Axis crossover with Magneto fighting alongside Doom agaist Red Skrull was awesome, I also quite liked his take on him on X-men Blue training the O5 X-men and that scene of him finally seeking "help"(therapy really) from Xorn was great too. So I donīt think he would be agaist the idea of Krakoa but I guess he would have liked to have been allowed to develop his idea of getting Genosha off itīs feet again but alas he wasnīt allowed.

You know I actually like Bunn but boy he made me angry sometimes XD

I didnīt like all he did with Magneto but his part in the Axis crossover with Magneto fighting alongside Doom agaist Red Skrull was awesome, I also quite liked his take on him on X-men Blue training the O5 X-men and that scene of him finally seeking "help"(therapy really) from Xorn was great too. So I donīt think he would be agaist the idea of Krakoa but I guess he would have liked to have been allowed to develop his idea of getting Genosha off itīs feet again but alas he wasnīt allowed.
    His Uncanny did it for me so hard. Still does it for me! *tear*

I guess I am way too permissive but then again he lives in a world where wolverine is considered a hero despite him going on constant rampanges killing ppl left, right and center or even killing his children around the marvel universe, without his knownlege but still.
    Big powers, big responsabilities… Potentially, Magneto is able to do more destruction that Wolverine.

Logan has a reputation to be overwhelmed by his fury during battles and that his instincts overcome him. No such thing with Magneto, who seldom loses his control (sometimes he does, sorry Pietro…)

It has been a while that Magneto hasn't received a lesson in humility, though…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    His Uncanny did it for me so hard. Still does it for me! *tear*
    For me too That dynamic between Betsy and him was everything I didnīt knew I wanted to see.

Big powers, big responsabilities… Potentially, Magneto is able to do more destruction that Wolverine.

Logan has a reputation to be overwhelmed by his fury during battles and that his instincts overcome him.
    I understand this I just donīt like the double standard

No such thing with Magneto, who seldom loses his control (sometimes he does, sorry Pietro…)

It has been a while that Magneto hasn't received a lesson in humility, though…
    You know between this and Magnetoīs cyclical rage, ptsd moments I take it a little baby step he seek help even if itīs just Xorn I head canon thatīs why he has keep himself more in check lately.

I understand given the way Hickmanīs writes him a lot of ppl want to see him be taken down a little but Hickman is just the type of writer who likes to build characters up and then let them crash down, my guess is that we will see some of that in the X-men #11 tie in issue from Empyre.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-23-2020 at 03:28 PM.