Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Uhmm. Is that really the argument, It is overall thing not hey I am going to pick out a couple examples. You have you seen how mutation in Marvel works let's look at some second generation mutants

Legion-Omega level mutant
    Polaris-Near Omega level mutant

Second generation mutant with two mutant (or superhuman) parents

HyperStorm-Omega Level mutant
    Raze Darkholme- Shapeshifting and Wolverine Healing factor
    Becka Munroe- Weather Control and enhanced human abilities
    Ruby Summers- Optic Blast and Diamond form
    Cable/Nate Grey/Rachel Grey- Omega Level/ near omega level mutants
    Nocturne- Teleport and can possess people

And as you see above the next generation tends to keep a couple of their parent abilities and general as strong as or strong powerwise as their parents. The word superior scares some people and I get it but just map out like 3rd generations of mutants with two mutant parents and see how fast "useless" power becomes a scary power. It is overall thing I can say Android is better(or Superior) than Apple while admitting the Iphone or Ipad is probably better than lot of android products. Because I think wide scope of things are better in general even though other thing might have some stuff better. Bring up the one or two times when it is not mutant favor doesn't give the whole picture. Age of Apocalypse happened, House of M happened they are clear scenarios where mutants have been in firm control. And it wasn't humans who stopped it but "stupid" mutants.

People are afraid of the word superior because the history in the human race Like I get said before I get why people avoid it. You mention Hulk but we have seen 3 mutants Legion, Franklin and Scarlet Witch functionally take over the world. We have seen Matthew Malloy rofl stomp everybody without training. We have seen Tempus go back in time and stop lead Malloy not existing. Yet we have convos about outliers scenarios literally how many mutants can go back in time and stop Hulk/Banner from existing. You can't just talk about this like surface discussion, Sinister's Chimera are just the process streamlined but that is what mutants couple generations downline look like and yeah I get where the ego comes in.
    By that rule the ego should come from those with powers to validate it, the Omegas are worlds apart of everything else, mutants included.

And in some cases what's the point of being so powerful if you can't control your powers and you are in danger of destroying yourself and the planet ?

Time Travel has been so abused in the Marvel Universe by so many characters that is no longer something fascinating, just tiresome and the best way to complicate the plot.

I leave this place enjoying Johnny's best gay life and come back to this rigmarole questioning the abilities and powers of mutants. Bah!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Well, this is where we have to ask, "what is the point of super powers?" Super powers seem to exist for their own sake. Cyclops can project force beams from his eyes. Is that really that useful outside of fighting? Humans spend 97% of their time not fighting. Cyclops has an ability that's going to be pointless for most of the rest of his life. Same deal with super strength, speed, and whatever else. Storm can fly! Humans literally don't need to fly. We fear no land based predators! This means Storm has a wonderful ability that is unique and wonderful, but also utterly pointless. She's 'superior' at something that isn't needed.

Telepaths are the only mutants with a genuine advantage. The incredible convenience of instantaneous communication in a future where information will be valued more than gold.
    And a disavantage, too. Telepaths seems to be very prone to mind-control: how many times Rachel has been mind-controlled…

However, this macho preoccupation (who has the strongest…) is getting on my nerves… Life is about cooperation, knowledge, intelligence… not just raw power. It's just poor story-telling.

I remember when Scott Summers played billiards with his beam on murderous bumper cars: he was clever then, not just had a special ability.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And a disavantage, too. Telepaths seems to be very prone to mind-control: how many times Rachel has been mind-controlled…

However, this macho preoccupation (who has the strongest…) is getting on my nerves… Life is about cooperation, knowledge, intelligence… not just raw power. It's just poor story-telling.

I remember when Scott Summers played billiards with his beam on murderous bumper cars: he was clever then, not just had a special ability.
    They're literally using their powers in super smart and new ways, look at Resurrections or Black Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I leave this place enjoying Johnny's best gay life and come back to this rigmarole questioning the abilities and powers of mutants. Bah!
    Same. Imagine when the issue comes out. Imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

Telepaths are resistant to mind control, Rachel is prone to being mind controlled that is different from "telepaths"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Rachel is prone to gawd-awful writers, and writers not caring about her and writers not knowing what to do with her or how to effectively use her in a story.

Hopefully that will change in X-Factor.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Well, this is where we have to ask, "what is the point of super powers?" Super powers seem to exist for their own sake. Cyclops can project force beams from his eyes. Is that really that useful outside of fighting? Humans spend 97% of their time not fighting. Cyclops has an ability that's going to be pointless for most of the rest of his life. Same deal with super strength, speed, and whatever else. Storm can fly! Humans literally don't need to fly. We fear no land based predators! This means Storm has a wonderful ability that is unique and wonderful, but also utterly pointless. She's 'superior' at something that isn't needed.

Telepaths are the only mutants with a genuine advantage. The incredible convenience of instantaneous communication in a future where information will be valued more than gold.
    Majority of mutants have not practical powers. They don't need to be omega to be dangerous, bomm boom could make a big wreck on city.

I'm surprise that mutants look at a genius of Valeria and says "ugh human, get out"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Majority of mutants have not practical powers. They don't need to be omega to be dangerous, bomm boom could make a big wreck on city.

I'm surprise that mutants look at a genius of Valeria and says "ugh human, get out"
    No mutant has ever said that lol.
    Everyone's criticizing Mutants calling themselves superior because of their across the board powers while simultaneously lusting like zombies over the genius of Reed and Valeria. As if there's not tons of cautionary tales of someone being too smart for their own good
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Rachel is prone to gawd-awful writers, and writers not caring about her and writers not knowing what to do with her or how to effectively use her in a story.

Hopefully that will change in X-Factor.
    Rachel has indeed been written poorly for a long time. She deserves to live her best life.

How did we get to a discussion about wheter mutants are superior or not lol.

Mutants are genetically predisposed to take over the Earth and surpass humans. That has been stated twice so we can assume it's canon in the MU, even if some mutants do not have an offensive ability that would help them face a mutated human. That's why they're superior. You could argue that a particularly big Neanderthal would easily kill a couple Sapiens, but that doesn't mean the Sapiens aren't going to survive in spite of the Neanderthals (talking about the infamous Spiderman vs X-Men fight as a sign of mutants not being superior).

Also, the whole plot about homo novissima is literally about bio-engineered humans surpassing mutants, so nothing new under the sun. Base Sapiens vs Base Mutants w/o tech involvement would result in sapiens getting extinct. Mutants can't even get sex diseases, and they probably share more immunities than baseline humans do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    How did we get to a discussion about wheter mutants are superior or not lol.

Mutants are genetically predisposed to take over the Earth and surpass humans. That has been stated twice so we can assume it's canon in the MU, even if some mutants do not have an offensive ability that would help them face a mutated human. That's why they're superior. You could argue that a particularly big Neanderthal would easily kill a couple Sapiens, but that doesn't mean the Sapiens aren't going to survive in spite of the Neanderthals (talking about the infamous Spiderman vs X-Men fight as a sign of mutants not being superior).

Also, the whole plot about homo novissima is literally about bio-engineered humans surpassing mutants, so nothing new under the sun. Base Sapiens vs Base Mutants w/o tech involvement would result in sapiens getting extinct.
    If that was the case we wouldn't have so many distopian futures for mutantkind

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    No mutant has ever said that lol.
    Everyone's criticizing Mutants calling themselves superior because of their across the board powers while simultaneously lusting like zombies over the genius of Reed and Valeria. As if there's not tons of cautionary tales of someone being too smart for their own good
    Scott said that with other words

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If that was the case we wouldn't have so many distopian futures for mutantkind
    All those futures involve machines or homo novissima. Mutants are naturally superior.
    Add genetic tampering and artificial intelligence and you get the dystopian futures. Something worth of notice: none of these dystopian futures go very well for homo sapiens neither.
    Last edited by Veitha; 02-23-2020 at 09:15 AM.

All those futures involve machines or homo novissima. Mutants are naturally superior.
    Add genetic tampering and artificial intelligence and you get the dystopian futures. Something worth of notice: none of these dystopian futures go very well for homo sapiens neither.
    Mutants aren't naturally superior. Mutants are result of DNA tampering by Eternals

True. Their own inventions always gobble them up.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...as we saw in PoX.
    As was said long before...Humans are quite shortsighted if they think that stemming the threat of mutants via homo novisima and AI machines will lead to their survival and happiness. There have always been and there will be bigger more dangerous threats in the known and unknown galaxies that threaten their very existence...see the Phalanx. Or any war mongering Alien Species, for that matter.

At least with mutants around they may have a fighting chance...but...stupid will always be stupid.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!