Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Mutants aren't naturally superior. Mutants are result of DNA tampering by Eternals
    And the marigolds round continues...

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    And the marigolds round continues...
    THANK YOU DUDE!!
    I get motion sickness... tOOOOOtally explains my nausea
    GrindrStone(D)

In all their glorious superiority, mutants decided they could steal other peoples' children and get away with it... I don't care what the apologists say, I'm glad Susan stood up to the Kraked' attempt at kidnapping Her son and glad she called out Scott on his racist semantic in this preview. That's a mother right there.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

When did they steal a kid? And get away with it Where? Show me the panels.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I’d say the Krakoa era has brought out all the loonies, but I don’t recall the forum seeming particularly level-headed before either.

Only in the X-men fan world, can politely coming to the parents to ask for permission be seen as kidnapping. I mean Xavier literally has the power of brainwashing and not only that he probably has 1,2,3,4,5 people in the world who are the best at brainwashing people in Jean,Rachel, Emma, Exodus, Cuckoos, Psylocke, Mr Sinister, Quire,etc. The X-men don't need to ask for permission they could have literally mindscrew the FF into getting what they want instead like the bad guys they truly are they went asked for permission from the parents.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-23-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    How did we get to a discussion about wheter mutants are superior or not lol.

Mutants are genetically predisposed to take over the Earth and surpass humans. That has been stated twice so we can assume it's canon in the MU, even if some mutants do not have an offensive ability that would help them face a mutated human. That's why they're superior. You could argue that a particularly big Neanderthal would easily kill a couple Sapiens, but that doesn't mean the Sapiens aren't going to survive in spite of the Neanderthals (talking about the infamous Spiderman vs X-Men fight as a sign of mutants not being superior).

Also, the whole plot about homo novissima is literally about bio-engineered humans surpassing mutants, so nothing new under the sun. Base Sapiens vs Base Mutants w/o tech involvement would result in sapiens getting extinct. Mutants can't even get sex diseases, and they probably share more immunities than baseline humans do not have.
    Taking the tech is like taking the superpowers, you cant, tech is the reason why we are the dominant species and that includes the mutants too. The reason why humanity fail is because in order to wipe out the mutants you have to kill yourself, which comes in tune with the theme of Human-Mutant relations. Humanity become inhuman in the process of destroying the mutants.

The word superior comes from the superpowers, It is even in the name, the problem is how insanely wild is the x-gene when it comes to giving powers. I cant argue against Omegas, Telepaths and some key abilities like teleporting or healing factor, the thing is some mutations are unnecesary outside the comics context, technology already is better that many mutations, is worst if you put the technology of Marvel Universe.

Like i said, i dont think that anyone can argue against "the elite" of mutants but i usually have a hard time putting every mutant in the same bag, the high ends are carrying the rest, it would be not surprise if eventually "discrepancies" arise.

I always like to see more "mutant heavy" futures, is tiresome that in every single one of them we cant explore this themes because of survival and Terminator fever, fucking Nimrods.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 02-23-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think we're all missing the big picture, it isnt between the FF and x-men its between Franken losing all self respect and joing the avengers or staying with a choice of two good teams

The moment Kate decided to take Franklin on a direct stride To the closest gate, in the back of both parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I’d say the Krakoa era has brought out all the loonies, but I don’t recall the forum seeming particularly level-headed before either.
    Careful who you are calling lunatic.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    In all their glorious superiority, mutants decided they could steal other peoples' children and get away with it... I don't care what the apologists say, I'm glad Susan stood up to the Kraked' attempt at kidnapping Her son and glad she called out Scott on his racist semantic in this preview. That's a mother right there.
    Sue disagrees with you because according to her, they did not try to take him (or she would have killed them).

Scott: "... and I understand Charles and Erik can be a little intense but they're not kidnappers".
    Reed: "I know they're not, Cyclops".
    Last edited by JB; 02-23-2020 at 10:48 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Only in the X-men fan world, can politely coming to the parents to ask for permission be seen as kidnapping. I mean Xavier literally has the power of brainwashing and not only that he probably has 1,2,3,4,5 people in the world who are the best at brainwashing people in Jean,Rachel, Emma, Exodus, Cuckoos, Psylocke, Mr Sinister, Quire,etc. The X-men don't need to ask for permission they could have literally mindscrew the FF into getting what they want instead like the bad guys they truly are they went asked for permission from the parents.
    Same here, Kate had no business marrooning Franklin to the closest gate in the back of his parents. Period.
    Beyond that, the Kraked had no business coming To the Richards home To try and sway away their kid, out of their shady desire To gather more power on their island, that's pathetic.

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Mutants aren't naturally superior. Mutants are result of DNA tampering by Eternals
    Are you even reading X-Men comics, spirit? They were kick-started by Celestials, whom you might consider a natural force in the MU similar to Galactus. And it's been stated several times on paper, even by humans themselves, that mutants are the next step of natural evolution. Adding tech brings you novissima.

Same here, Kate had no business marrooning Franklin to the closest gate in the back of his parents. Period.
    Beyond that, the Kraked had no business coming To the Richards home To try and sway away their kid, out of their shady desire To gather more power on their island, that's pathetic.
    She asked him what he wanted, the only one to actually do that.

And you're making an assumption that they just want him "to gather more power". You may end up being right but the stated reason, on the page, is they are concerned that he's losing his powers and they are concerned this could happen to other mutants.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So Kitty was trying to kidnap Franklin ? Loooolllllllllllllll

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Taking the tech is like taking the superpowers, you cant, tech is the reason why we are the dominant species and that includes the mutants too. The reason why humanity fail is because in order to wipe out the mutants you have to kill yourself, which comes in tune with the theme of Human-Mutant relations. Humanity become inhuman in the process of destroying the mutants.

The word superior comes from the superpowers, It is even in the name, the problem is how insanely wild is the x-gene when it comes to giving powers. I cant argue against Omegas, Telepaths and some key abilities like teleporting or healing factor, the thing is some mutations are unnecesary outside the comics context, technology already is better that many mutations, is worst if you put the technology of Marvel Universe.

Like i said, i dont think that anyone can argue against "the elite" of mutants but i usually have a hard time putting every mutant in the same bag, the high ends are carrying the rest, it would be not surprise if eventually "discrepancies" arise.

I always like to see more "mutant heavy" futures, is tiresome that in every single one of them we cant explore this themes because of survival and Terminator fever, fucking Nimrods.
    Welp I'm pretty sure superior is like sapiens was to Neanderthals. Tech was meant in the sense of using tech to enhance yourself over natural abilities. That was quite stressed in HoX PoX, that if left alone nature would make mutants win.