Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Without his parents' knowledge. Nor accord. Whilst being part of ŕ group whose goal is To have him on their island.
    Call it what you want, she was in wrong here.
    No, she wasn't. Not morally, not ethically and not legally. She did not remove him from his home. She did not take him from his parents. The went for a walk and talked. She solicited his opinions and let him know that whatever his decision she would support him. His parents might not have liked that, they might not want their son to associate with specific groups or people. Guess what though, that's not illegal, parents throughout history complain about who their kids associate with and theres not much they can do about it unless they do something illegal (and spoiler, they didn't). Furthermore a part of her message was that even if he did go he was never more than a short walk away from his parents.

Including his parents, which is extremely antagonistic coming from Her and knowing Said parents treat the kid well.

And that was wrong too, only made tolerable because those kids were abused or endangered by their parents/guardians, contrary To Franklin and the Richards.
    Two things, one spoiler, Kitty Pryde and probably many of the X-Men weren't abused. Two, Franklin's loss of powers could potentially be dangerous as no one understands the cause, and was the stated reason why the Krakoans got involved when they did. Unless of course you have actual evidence to the contrary...

That's a front. We know for a Fact the Kraked want all the oméga mutants on their soil for military reasons. They wanted Franklin a long time before learning of his power issues.
    Yes the group founded upon the idea of unity for all of their people wanted one of their people to join them, however its not just the Omegas. In fact there seems to be a whole half of the New Mutants that was dedicated to the idea of reaching out to mutants who didn't go to Krakoa and they didn't start with Franklin. The fact that they didn't approach until they learned about his power issues works against your thesis, especially as it could be a sign of harm inflicted upon him.

Further where has it ever been stated that they want the omega mutants for military purposes? That is either a gross assumption (which is an invalid criticism) or an outright lie (also an invalid criticism). In fact, we know of at least two omega level mutants who are kept away from military activity, Proteus and Hope. Unless of course you have actual evidence to the contrary...

Franklin is a minor. His family take cares of him. The Kraked should have ignored him until his 18. The end.
    Franklin is an un-emancipated minor and his parents have the final say on his care. However nothing in that means that others can't have an interest, advise, make recommendations and offer help. Schools and private institutions have been doing so for centuries. There is nothing unethical or immoral in that. Parents aren't required to take the help/advice but there is nothing evil, unethical or immoral about offering it.

When the asking and the help-offering comes from an agenda and power-hungry people instead of being disinterested, yes, it is pathetic.
    Every person in the world has an agenda and no one invests in issues they are disinterested in. Xavier has spent his whole career being motivated by ensuring the well being of mutants. Franklin is a mutant in crisis because his powers are depleting and no one has been able to figure out how or why. The Krakoans have a significant amount of resources that even Reed Richards does not. Unless you have evidence that this was about something nefarious (You don't) your argument doesn't work.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 02-23-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Wait. Do people genuinely think calling Krakoans "Kraked" is a drag?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Is it public knowledge that Sabertooth was punished? And that other villains with bvb the exception of Apocalypse reside on Krakoa? Maybe that's why the F4 are so against it? Their last dealing with the X-Men before all this mess was Scott offering amnesty to a murderer, maybe that's why their partially so hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Is it public knowledge that Sabertooth was punished? And that other villains with bvb the exception of Apocalypse reside on Krakoa? Maybe that's why the F4 are so against it? Their last dealing with the X-Men before all this mess was Scott offering amnesty to a murderer, maybe that's why their partially so hostile.
    I'm personally OK with them being against the idea and we need that for the story for sure. I'm just not seeing the kidnapping accusation that's being thrown around, especially when Sue herself said they weren't trying to take him.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm personally OK with them being against the idea and we need that for the story for sure. I'm just not seeing the kidnapping accusation that's being thrown around, especially when Sue herself said they weren't trying to take him.
    All this bad writing is just done so the stupid story can happen. I still don't think we needed a 4 issue mini series about the false god getting a personal invite to Krakoa, this all could have been done on 1 issue of X-Men we could have got it all a private sitdown a small entourage give a decent pitch, have some nice political intrigue come to a conclusion of some sort and be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    He also has kids low jacked,Not his kids phone mind you his actually kids have tracking chips in them. And if you think about he didn't know the X-men were coming for Franklin, He shut off Franklin's X-gene before the X-men came because he knew Franklin on his own would try to through the gates. Reed has some trust and boundary issues.
    He didn't shut down his X-gene, he masked it with a machine.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

All this bad writing is just done so the stupid story can happen. I still don't think we needed a 4 issue mini series about the false god getting a personal invite to Krakoa, this all could have been done on 1 issue of X-Men we could have got it all a private sitdown a small entourage give a decent pitch, have some nice political intrigue come to a conclusion of some sort and be done.
    That would work for me. But then we wouldn't have, between this thread and last issue, 143 pages of smashing things over each other's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    For me too That dynamic between Betsy and him was everything I didn´t knew I wanted to see.
    *sniff* I can't talk about this *sniff*
    Last edited by JB; 02-23-2020 at 03:36 PM.

I think what the FF know is that he was sent to that prison. I highly doubt they'd follow his trial and thus know about Emma getting him out.

The kidnapping thing is getting old and stale. It didn't happen, evidence is clearly on page and the discussion is now getting nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Sorry can't get the line I want to quote
    But , we know for a FACT that they want all the omegas on their soil for MILITARY reasons !!!????
    You've either read something I didn't (I didn't read Fallen Angels" ) or that's a big fat porky
    Absolutely.
    One of the data page back in HoX/PoX pointed out how gathering all oméga on the island was pivotal To consolidate Krakoa's power.
    Can't recall the exact issue though, but it's there.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

This has nothing to do with the discussion and I'm here for it.

You really got passionate about the Johnny gay subtext hahaha

My take is that Johnny is a "a hole is a hole" kind of a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You really got passionate about the Johnny gay subtext hahaha

My take is that Johnny is a "a hole is a hole" kind of a guy.
    AHHH! Yes it sure seems like it.

So what does everyone think is wrong with Franklin's powers?

Extraordinary Member

AHHH! Yes it sure seems like it.

So what does everyone think is wrong with Franklin's powers?
    Honestly...just waxing and waning...the next writer who needs him all godlike will just make him godlike.

Wow Bobby really missed his shot.... SMDH