Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1372

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Arguments are one thing, who came up with the general idea is another. But sure, all types of people get caught up in things the privileged majority starts, whether it’s detrimental to them and who they are or not.

But your joke about Reed and his son does bring up a point...and I’m certain from what I’ve been reading on here that you and others have a level of disdain for the FF in particular, but would you really think it would be “cool” or ok for Franklin to show that type of prejudice towards his father, mother, and uncles?

Magneto likely, if Franklin spent enough time with him, would have him adopt that attitude, which is probably ONE reason why Sue put Magneto in a bubble and pushed him away...because the man literally was speaking on Mutant supremacy and calling Franklin’s parents “inferior” in front of him. And Xavier agreed, though he was more polite about it.

Wouldn’t that make anyone (like Sue) defensive? If black parents had adopted a white son and white people came to their home, strongly suggesting that the son should come away with them, while spouting off about how they are the superior race and the white superior son belongs with them, would you blame the black parents for getting upset and getting defensive?

And yes, it would be just as wrong the other way around...especially the part where supremacy of one group over another is being talked about. I wouldn’t want to send my son off with a group that would likely convince him that his parents are inferior to him.
    It was really more of a joke for another poster here based on a few jokes about "ok, boomer". We did this a little while back with "ok, avenger". Part of the issue here is that for those that don't frequent the boards, they may see and interpret something without knowing the history of the posters. But my intention wasn't to offend anyone so I apologize if I did.

With that said, I've stated on this thread before that I think both sides are being written out of character for the sake of the story and I look forward to a peaceful conclusion between the two teams. It seems most of us are weary of hero/vs/hero stories. I'd much rather see the two teams work together on fixing the issue with Franklin's powers instead of this unnecessary escalation. But it's comics and we get what we get.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    I’m sure in your position you can’t. You seem to dismiss everyone else’s issues, concerns, and marginalization except your own.
    ????? Ok.
    For the record your argument about derogatory terms has no leg to stand on. Franklin calling Reed a flatscan is the same thing as me calling someone a cracker or a whitey. Reverse racism isn't real sweetie.

Damn I wanted to go to sleep but new RHOA just started.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    ????? Ok.
    For the record your argument about derogatory terms has no leg to stand on. Franklin calling Reed a flatscan is the same thing as me calling someone a cracker or a whitey. Reverse racism isn't real sweetie.

Damn I wanted to go to sleep but new RHOA just started.
    We're gonna need you to give us recaps this week so thank you for your service.

BANNED

This is the internet. In real life, no you do not have carte blanche to call people cracker just because they are white, as the result 9f virtually any such interaction would tell you. Lol who raised yall?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Dude...can I get Cliff Notes??
    Comparing mutants to rl minorities is fake bc it's just fiction but wanting conflict and drama in our children's superheroes book is wrong bc what iff they were real?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This is the internet. In real life, no you do not have carte blanche to call people cracker just because they are white, as the result 9f virtually any such interaction would tell you. Lol who raised yall?
    Bye.

I will say that I've noticed often that users who are either new or don't visit much will come in, cherry pick some posts and then generalize the whole X-board community. In this thread alone the community has been called obnoxious and nasty. But in my opinion most of the threads are people having a good time, sharing info, and joking. Just a few pages back a bunch of us were posting memes and yucking it up, and I've come to enjoy conversing with some of the people I normally disagree with. There's just a diverse bunch of personalities on here. May everyone have a good time, regardless of their viewpoint.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I will say that I've noticed often that users who are either new or don't visit much will come in, cherry pick some posts and then generalize the whole X-board community. In this thread alone the community has been called obnoxious and nasty. But in my opinion most of the threads are people having a good time, sharing info, and joking. Just a few pages back a bunch of us were posting memes and yucking it up, and I've come to enjoy conversing with some of the people I normally disagree with. There's just a diverse bunch of personalities on here. May everyone have a good time, regardless of their viewpoint.
    Its not new posters is just ppl from other boards who dont have any activity so we good enough for our traffick but the opinions themselves. Huh huh. Now go on some other boards and make generalizations and passive aggressive comments at everybody and see what happen. But anyway.

Theyre playing kickball and Cynthia says she has experience kicking and they showed her fight w Porsha adhdjdksk
    Eva made a balls joke which has been her biggest contribution this season.
    Kandi and Porsha just hugged ♡

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    And what about the girl from Wakanda that was apart of FF?
    Onome is still with the Future Foundation and appeared in the Future Foundation mini series. I'm behind in reading the Fantastic Four but I don't think her status has changed since the Future Foundation series ended.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Its not new posters is just ppl from other boards who dont have any activity so we good enough for our traffick but the opinions themselves. Huh huh. Now go on some other boards and make generalizations and passive aggressive comments at everybody and see what happen. But anyway.

Theyre playing kickball and Cynthia says she has experience kicking and they showed her fight w Porsha adhdjdksk
    Eva made a balls joke which has been her biggest contribution this season.
    Kandi and Porsha just hugged ♡
    Haha those gals! I legit missed your posts despite your disdain for Piotr.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Onome is still with the Future Foundation and appeared in the Future Foundation mini series. I'm behind in reading the Fantastic Four but I don't think her status has changed since the Future Foundation series ended.
    Thanks for the info. Is it true Artie and Leech are currently MIA?

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Can I simply say this is the most mature thing I have ever read on the internet. Well done.

Extraordinary Member

They were in the Future Foundation series.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They were in the Future Foundation series.
    Off topic didn't that get cancelled after 1 issue?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Off topic didn't that get cancelled after 1 issue?
    It made 5 issues and brought back Rikki Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Can I simply say this is the most mature thing I have ever read on the internet. Well done.
    Thanks, friend. I always appreciate your detailed, insightful posts.

I'm gonna go flip a table now so people don't think I'm soft.

BANNED

Ugh you like Peter??? Ok Ill try to contain my contempt.

Porsha bout to throw Kenya across the bowling alley this is better then snakegate.