Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Now, what's the status of Doom's villain-ness right now? I don't think he's there to harm the children so is he showing up to take them back to their parents? Does he even know they're on the ship or is this a coincidental reunion? Or did the Marauders sail into his zone and he's pissed?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Now, what's the status of Doom's villain-ness right now? I don't think he's there to harm the children so is he showing up to take them back to their parents? Does he even know they're on the ship or is this a coincidental reunion? Or did the Marauders sail into his zone and he's pissed?
    Doom has not maritime zone.

I guess Doom will want to steal Krakoa flowers for some evil plan and Franklin and Valeria will be the meddlings kids that avoid it. The comic ends with Kitty taking off Doom's mask as in Scooby Doo and everyone laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by glio View Post
    doom has not maritime zone.

I guess doom will want to steal krakoa flowers for some evil plan and franklin and valeria will be the meddlings kids that avoid it. The comic ends with kitty taking off doom's mask as in scooby doo and everyone laughing.
    yes! 101010

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Less speedreading more critical thinking.
    You're the one who needs to do more critical thinking and basic comprehension.

"In the past, they would have been a gift." They certainly aren't a gift now. Now they're coming with a price tag, now they're coming with sociopolitical red tape, and the bluntly stated capitalist endgame of buying human society and reforming it into one that's controlled by and obviously friendly to mutants. Mutants are effectively blackmailing the rest of the planet to leave them alone or they'll take away their wonder drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    You're the one who needs to do more critical thinking and basic comprehension.

"In the past, they would have been a gift." They certainly aren't a gift now. Now they're coming with a price tag, now they're coming with sociopolitical red tape, and the bluntly stated capitalist endgame of buying human society and reforming it into one that's controlled by and obviously friendly to mutants. Mutants are effectively blackmailing the rest of the planet to leave them alone or they'll take away their wonder drugs.
    "If you stop killing us we can cure Alzheimer, almost all infectious diseases and many cancers" seems like a fair deal tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Also just another small note here but it is neither Ororo’s responsibility nor right to disrupt the natural ecological and atmospheric flow of the Earth. That’s a big part of her mindset as her weather manipulation inevitably always changes the weather somewhere else sometimes to their detriment. She doesn’t just magically manifest it like Thor. Nothing to your other points, but just wanted to address that often quoted misconception.
    I know Ororo's balancing act re: global weather patterns but helping people dying right now kinda seems more important than possible disturbances later. And that's the problem that superhero comics runs into: our heroes can literally solve every mundane problem on Earth as long as they're willing to do nothing but devote themselves to doing so 24/7. Storm could be keeping the global weather perfect for humanity. Xavier and the telepaths could be keeping everyone mentally fit. Surge and other energy-generators could stop dependence on fossil fuels. And the biggest one is just calling in the Shi'ar to provide Earth-appropriate technologies for clean fuel, advanced medicines, space travel, etc. But I've strayed from the topic of this thread...
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I know Ororo's balancing act re: global weather patterns but helping people dying right now kinda seems more important than possible disturbances later. And that's the problem that superhero comics runs into: our heroes can literally solve every mundane problem on Earth as long as they're willing to do nothing but devote themselves to doing so 24/7. Storm could be keeping the global weather perfect for humanity. Xavier and the telepaths could be keeping everyone mentally fit. Surge and other energy-generators could stop dependence on fossil fuels. And the biggest one is just calling in the Shi'ar to provide Earth-appropriate technologies for clean fuel, advanced medicines, space travel, etc. But I've strayed from the topic of this thread...
    Well, Iceman is also also spending his spare time repairing the polar caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well, Iceman is also also spending his spare time repairing the polar caps.
    And freezing and snapping off soldiers' arms. Good show, Bobby! You belong right beside your ex-gf with her phasing guns permanently into soldiers' bodies. Even Logan's taken aback. Plus he's probably only doing it since mutants want to live on this planet after humanity's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "If you stop killing us we can cure Alzheimer, almost all infectious diseases and many cancers" seems like a fair deal tbh.
    In a perfect world, it would be. Instead Krakoa's wonder drugs have been effectively weaponized, a tool to try to control humanity. Mutants have moved beyond survival; now they're into controlling those their rhetoric has classified as inferior. Some here may be happy seeing the disenfranchised get autonomy and stave off yet another extinction agenda for a few years but the methods are very Lawful Evil. I'm enjoying the ride, seeing mutants try to force humanity to leave them alone, but I'm trying to remain objective about exactly how this tenuous freedom is being achieved as well as what former heroes are doing to ensure said survival.

I'm reminded of this exchange from DS9, and that's the last thing I'll say on this topic in this thread...

Female Changeling: Ironic, isn't it? The hunted now control the destinies of hundreds of other races.
    Odo: But why control anyone?
    Female Changeling: Because what you control can't hurt you.
    Last edited by nx01a; 02-21-2020 at 02:39 PM.

BANNED

P.S. If one did show up, Reed and Sue would have quietly gone back inside and closed the door. Mmmhmm.
    Sue is that white lady who calls the cop on you when you're quietly smoking in ur car bc she never saw u in the neighborhood before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Why is he an hypocrite ??

This only proves that accusing him of mutant phobia is baseless.
    Mutants are fine but his son cant interact with them. Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Dig deeper. Reed has no interest in fixing Franklin because.....deep down inside he doesn’t want a mutie for a son.
    Because… he's himself such a normal person?

Anyway… I thought you didn't want Franklin on Krakoa.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

That's not exactly true anymore. People may not like it but it's happening.

•-[A]-• is for adorable.
    The fact that now X-fan are shipping the monster that started the war between otherworld and Krakoa , is vivisecting, and now works with the ilsamophobe of Exodus is disturbing. Really disturbing

My eyes are bleeding.

I actually thought this scene was very good. Sue acknowledging that she's quick to flash... and then she's quick to flash again on Scott !! Gurl.

the rest of his sentence is, "... I just need to be a better father". But I won't post it because Scott looks wacky.
    Sue and Reed have been one of the most stable couple in MU… (Few minors problems, I heard)
    In a way, they are a archetyp of couple and parents.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Mutants are fine but his son cant interact with them. Hmmmm.
    "I just don't want you to be one of those mutants who has to shove it in everyone's face all the time, marching in parades"

BANNED

In this particular case, humans gained the knowledge that mutants will outnumber them in "20 years". So they built a Mother Mold next to the sun so no one could detect it, while also building a Sentinel City on Mercury. (How has no one seen it? Guardians, someone??)

Charles, Erik and Moira are building this sovereign society based on what Moira has seen in her other lives, with her stated goal being mutant survival. She saw that war with humans won't work so they're trying to unite the mutants and make peace. Ultimately I think both sides are going to need the other when the machines take over.
    Now you missunderstood it. The mutants will still be a 1% in 20 years but there will be enough of them to take over the world. That was the fear of Orchis.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    The fact that now X-fan are shipping the monster that started the war between otherworld and Krakoa , is vivisecting, and now works with the ilsamophobe of Exodus is disturbing. Really disturbing
    You'll be OK. I promise.