Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    There´s a possibility this same force is what gives power to the mutants and superhumans given Franklin is also a mutant.

I think homo novissima are not exactly superhumans, even since the Days of future past story, the sentinels killed all the heros and superhuman population, to rule over human and mutantkind, homo novissima are not superhumans imo, they are a mix of human/machine, something unnatural that was born from the war between humans and mutants, this is what makes them compatible with the phalanx but their story ends with not being sure they are going to be destroyed or absorbed by the phalanx and later with the Shiar Empire lead by Xandra rescuing the mutants left alive and taking over planet earth.

What I understood from the story was that the human vs mutant war only leads to mutual destruction. But then I have the notion that human and mutant are not really a separate species, as Morrison wrote, but separate races or variations from the human species, given a human can still be born from mutants and viceversa, they really need each other to survive and develop as a planet, the thing is that Moira and to a point Xavier and Magneto, seem to think coexistence is no longer possible by any means, so they are doing the next best thing, avoid the human-mutant war by any means neccesary, build a country, keep relations with the human world and use the medicine to keep off the existence of homo novissima. That´s more or less what I got from HoX. How they are going about doing this? that´s really another story.
    Great post.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Thank you I think Hickman will reveal some new parts of the story but that´s bassically my take on why Xavier and Magneto are trying so hard to follow Moira´s instructions but also doing a little changes on their own because it´s very obvious Moira still thinks there´s no possible way to make much changes for the better while they still think that IF they have enough support, something could be done better.

In a way Krakoa reminds me OF that phrase Valeria said to Reed during secret wars, about not being able of keeping the universe from ending, you can´t win so lest figure a way how not to lose and Krakoa is that for Moira, Charles and Magneto.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-21-2020 at 07:21 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

But to be fair, even if the universe ended, enough stuff went right that things were made right in the end. Like, not completely perfect, but right.

It took a lot of work from across the MU, but things were OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But to be fair, even if the universe ended, enough stuff went right that things were made right in the end. Like, not completely perfect, but right.

It took a lot of work from across the MU, but things were OK.
    I wouldn't say OK because for me the X-men are too out-of-character.

Even if the settings are correct, what is the point if, as a reader, I don't see the characters I liked in these expressionless and cynical characters? And the ones who are nice are lacking of personality.

They can resume their 'life' as immortal, always young people in their paradisiac island, making fireworks… I can't care less.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

40 pages from a preview....
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

Even if the settings are correct, what is the point if, as a reader, I don't see the characters I liked in these expressionless and cynical characters? And the ones who are nice are lacking of personality.

They can resume their 'life' as immortal, always young people in their paradisiac island, making fireworks… I can't care less.
    And this is the thing that I think is annoying so many long time fans of the X-Books. Here you have all these fiercely independent characters with diverse personalities...and now they are all just acting like cogs in the machine. Blindly accepting people who just a year or 2 ago would have had no problem torturing or killing them....or in Sinister's case experimenting on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    40 pages from a preview....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And this is the thing that I think is annoying so many long time fans of the X-Books. Here you have all these fiercely independent characters with diverse personalities...and now they are all just acting like cogs in the machine. Blindly accepting people who just a year or 2 ago would have had no problem torturing or killing them....or in Sinister's case experimenting on them.
    Rebellion/uprising is not a major plot point (yet?) but we've already seen Logan questioning, the entire cast of Fallen Angels were skeptics:

We have Erik showing his support to Kwannon for wanting to leave the island to handle a threat to humanity, even giving her a jet. Beast and Jean already butting heads in X-Force. I just don't see everyone following in lockstep as others see. I do think this kind of stuff will come up as we move into the next phase of stories. Things are just being built right now and at the moment, Moira wants the mutants united and Charles/Erik are executing that narrative. But this is Hickman at the helm so the twists are coming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

does this mean you'll stop posting the same thing anytime anything happens?
    cause whats the point when you clearly dont like these titles, might as well take a break
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-22-2020 at 06:40 AM.

BANNED

so like that one time in x-men legacy

BANNED

And in return they have a safe heaven in a society free from persecution. Sounds like it's better to have Sinister as a neighbor then Brock and Abigail from Wisconsin.

BANNED

and if they break the law they are vored by krakoa and you have eternity of free healthcare to get over it

BANNED

It's too bad that everyone who likes the current direction isn't a longtime fan like yourself.

BANNED

2 years ago we were in x-men gold, the longtime fans nostalgia bait, such a high quality experience :3c

It is called bad writing, impossible that only Wolverine thinks it is wrong