Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Sue and Reed were not asking the X-men to collaborate with them, they were implying "you kidnaped my children now get them back to me" and Scott was like nope, we don´t have your children and it just scalated from here.
    Next page should be a montage of Sue calling all the superhero teams and hanging up on them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

It's funny how, at their most vulnerable and isolated, the XMen had zero issue entrusting their most valuable ward to the FF care.

Interesting how trust only goes one way.

The Kate/Franklin "relationship" is being inflated a bit. It is cool that editorial remembers the old FF/X story from the 80's, and yes, lil' baby Franklin stopped Kitty from committing suicide when she was in a very low place, so that's certainly going to create a bond of sorts, but that might have been the first and last time they had meaningful interaction before this current story.

The Krakoans are being grabby, because Franklin is the strongest mutant on record essentially, and they want to consolidate all the mutant power possible. It is a resource grab more than an actual genuine desire to help him or 'give him mutant culture' whatever that is. Of course it doesn't help that Reed is tinkering with Franklin's x-gene or that Sue can't have a whole conversation without 'needing to speak to the manager', but the position of trying to take a kid off to your island is definitely reprehensible.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    One is a mutant, one is not. There's a distinction. They're not taking in human runaways so they'd notify her if she came through a gate.
    As opposed to taking in mutant runaways because Krakoa is their birthright? Please.

It's simple and Reed is one of the smartest people on Earth, he should be able to understand that. Plus they've all worked together in the past but they're being extremely angry towards the X-Men and Susan is the one that escalated both this situation and the one in issue #1.
    Susan escalated the situation? The X-Men showing up to her house trying to take away her son in front of her is what escalated the situation. I scoff at the attempts to blame HER for this mess.

She can be angry but being angry is not going to help either of them. She was both angry and stupid in this scene.
    She was angry and she had every right to be after what the Kraked pulled last issue, and what Cyclops told to her face in this preview.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Sue and Reed were not asking the X-men to collaborate with them, they were implying "you kidnaped my children now get them back to me" and Scott was like nope, we don´t have your children and it just scalated from here.
    But they do have her children. Yes Franklin and Val ran away...but as soon as Kate found them on her boat she should have called it in and gotten her BFF Illyana to come to the boat and teleport the kids home and explain the kids ran off and they did not take them.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well the story is being escalated so people get to flex on other characters. Xavier handled that as well as Steve talked to Scott before AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But they do have her children. Yes Franklin and Val ran away...but as soon as Kate found them on her boat she should have called it in and gotten her BFF Illyana to come to the boat and teleport the kids home and explain the kids ran off and they did not take them.
    They got attacked by Doctor Doom right after.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 02-21-2020 at 06:43 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Gay conversion therapy.
    I see.

Not to play devil's advocate here, but Reed Richards wasn't trying to transform Franklin into a sapien, which would be the best analogy I can think of for your example… That's not what happened here, as far as we know.

The X-Men always do this kind of recruiting with the whole squad. They all went to talk to Kitty when they first met her.
    That's Always been a terrible method of "recruiting". A show of force is understandable in an hostile environnement for the kid, but here Franklin lives with his family that loves and support him. That was bad.
    Besides, I find it interesting that you would use the term "recruiting" here, since it's obvious the X-Men are thinking of furthering their interests and the power on their island, they have a selfish agenda.

Also, Storm and Bobby were ex teammates, they've worked with Wolverine countless times and Reed and Charles have been shady together. Kate is Franklin's friend. The only variables were Pyro and Magneto, who is now a Krakoan diplomat so he was there as a political figure.
    None of them had any business to be on their doorstep "for a talk". That was a show of force and an attempt to press the parents into caving to the Kraked's demands.
    Kate even took advantage of Franklin's familiarity with her to take him away from his family without their knowledge. That's preposterous.

Plus, they're adults, they shouldn't go around throwing force fields at people that want to talk with them, as much as they do not like what they're saying.
    Those people were trying to take away their child from them, so they are Lucky they got away with only some ruffled feathers, the X-Men deserved the beating they received in that issue.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Spectacular Member

I've read variations on this comment several times. They did not turn up to "take away " her son. They made an offer and tried to convince them to agree. Now, it must be said they made a dreadful , hamfisted attempt at that but never the less it was an attempt at persuasion , not "taking".

We don’t know when this called happened. Last issue ended with Kate finding the kids and Doom creates a tidal wave like a drama queen.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

OK ,I've really not got the hang of this forum. I really wanted to reply to People of the Earths post and specifically the line starting "Those people....."
    (Actually ,now income to think of it "those people" ???)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They got attacked by Doctor Doom right after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    We don’t know when this called happened. Last issue ended with Kate finding the kids and Doom creates a tidal wave like a drama queen.
    All he did was stop the boat with giant metal arms. We have no idea his intentions. (And yes...I know...it is Victor...so it most likely is not for altruistic reasons.) But he may be protecting Latverian interests from invaders which is his right as ruler of the country.

That does not in anyway negate Kate's responsibility to return stowaways to their parents.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-21-2020 at 07:00 AM.

I don't read FF comics, but is Sue always this annoying and poorly written? I liked the few issues of her solo that I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    I've read variations on this comment several times. They did not turn up to "take away " her son. They made an offer and tried to convince them to agree. Now, it must be said they made a dreadful , hamfisted attempt at that but never the less it was an attempt at persuasion , not "taking".
    No need to tone it down, I'm Calling it for what it was.
    The moment they showed up on their doorstep with THAT group of mutants, it was absolutely an attempt to "take away" the Richards' son.
    It even materialized when Kate lured Franklin away from his parents to the closest gate, that's tantamount to kidnapping IRL.
    If the Kraked had wanted to "talk", they wouldn't have send an entire squad of combattants and heavy-hitters to do "the talking". Heck, they could have "talked" to the Richards over Skype even, or in person but with only one or two représentatives, not killers.

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I see.

Not to play devil's advocate here, but Reed Richards wasn't trying to transform Franklin into a sapien, which would be the best analogy I can think of for your example… That's not what happened here, as far as we know.

That's Always been a terrible method of "recruiting". A show of force is understandable in an hostile environnement for the kid, but here Franklin lives with his family that loves and support him. That was bad.
    Besides, I find it interesting that you would use the term "recruiting" here, since it's obvious the X-Men are thinking of furthering their interests and the power on their island, they have a selfish agenda.

None of them had any business to be on their doorstep "for a talk". That was a show of force and an attempt to press the parents into caving to the Kraked's demands.
    Kate even took advantage of Franklin's familiarity with her to take him away from his family without their knowledge. That's preposterous.

Those people were trying to take away their child from them, so they are Lucky they got away with only some ruffled feathers, the X-Men deserved the beating they received in that issue.
    They weren't trying to take away Franklin by force. They were talking to them about Krakoa. You're making it seem like they went there and beat them up.

But this discussion isn't going nowhere since it looks like we're reading two different comics.

All he did was stop the boat with giant metal arms. We have no idea his intentions. (And yes...I know...it is Victor...so it most likely is not for altruistic reasons.) But he may be protecting Latverian interests from invaders which is his right as ruler of the country.

That does not in anyway negate Kate's responsibility to return stowaways to their parents.
    Latveria has not maritime border