Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Humans cannot go freely to Krakoa because mutants, including children, are still being murdered by them and the attacks are intensifying. FIFY.

I don't at all blame mutants for being suspect of humans with this loveliness going on:

And how many humans have mutants killed? It is not a one sided argument. Magneto's whole schtick was humans are inferior and should be killed or enslaved. Omega Red is a serial killer. Sabretooth is a psychopath who slaughters indiscriminately. Shall I continue??

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    and still they let Omega Red in just because he is a mutant and he already betrayed them. While they are paranoid about humans coming to Krakoa because they are all EEEEVVVILLLL and mutants are good.
    No, it isn't a question about good and evil. Moira's thesis, the central idea upon which Krakoa was founded, is that the only chance the mutants have is to be united. Thus everyone gets absolution for their past actions. Why? Because they can survive Omega Red. They won't survive against the sentinels. You don't have to believe this, but thats irrelevant because Moira, Xavier and Magneto do believe it. Also, just to be clear do you know who else gets saved by this?

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Humans, Sentinels inevitably turn on the Humans too

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Surprised she didn't go with "You were ALLOWED to come to our WEDDING but now we CAN'T go to your ISLAND???"
    Sue: From now on, Yancy Street is for humans only! If I catch a mutie there, I’m flooring it.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    And about the attacks , most attacks in X-force are killing humans using a creature with Mutant DNA. Attacks of Madripoor are being organized by Homines Verendi and Shaw. The victimization of mutantkind when many of them helped humans in their own exterminations is funny, but humans are bad and mutants good of couse.
    Using mutant DNA that they skinned off said mutant.

Organized by Homines Verendi who are paying citizens to hunt down mutants.

Why did you pick the examples where the mutants are clearly victimized?

Extraordinary Member

And let's not even get into the fact that Sinister was only allowed in Krakoa because this one clone has the X-gene

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And how many humans have mutants killed? It is not a one sided argument. Magneto's whole schtick was humans are inferior and should be killed or enslaved. Omega Red is a serial killer. Sabretooth is a psychopath who slaughters indiscriminately. Shall I continue??
    Who. said. it. is. a. one-sided. argument? Show me the receipts. You said mutants are not allowing humans on the island because they're superior. I'm saying they're not allowed because mutants are currently being rounded up and killed so how do they know who they can trust? And Erik does not feel humans should be killed or enslaved. Show me the receipts.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    No, it isn't a question about good and evil. Moira's thesis, the central idea upon which Krakoa was founded, is that the only chance the mutants have is to be united. Thus everyone gets absolution for their past actions. Why? Because they can survive Omega Red. They won't survive against the sentinels. You don't have to believe this, but thats irrelevant because Moira, Xavier and Magneto do believe it. Also, just to be clear do you know who else gets saved by this?

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Humans, Sentinels inevitably turn on the Humans too
    And this is the main point of it all. They have to be united for this to work, according to Moira's lives. When Sentinels come raining down on Krakoa, I would want every mutant that could fight on my side to protect the children.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And let's not even get into the fact that Sinister was only allowed in Krakoa because this one clone has the X-gene
    We saw Kid Cable warning Doc Strange that he wasn't welcomed on Krakoa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Sue: From now on, Yancy Street is for humans only! If I catch a mutie there, I’m flooring it.

Using mutant DNA that they skinned off said mutant.

Organized by Homines Verendi who are paying citizens to hunt down mutants.

Why did you pick the examples where the mutants are clearly victimized?
    Homines Verendi are in deals with Shaw , that blood is his hads too.

Again a mutant is something with the X-gene , anything with the X-gene is a mutant.

Or saying how mutants learnt the worse from humans when you have people in krakoa that practically invented the mass murder and someone who did experiments so horrible in the concentration camps ( and before , see the Ravencroft series) that makes Dr Mengele look like a saint.

Orchis is building a city on Mercury to exterminate mutants.

Show me the page where it is said, "mutants are good". You're making stuff up - no one said the villains on the island are suddenly good now.
    Xavier basically said that all mutants are trustworthy to Black Tom in the first issue of X-Force despite there being no precedence for that given their history.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Putting hands on your ears and going lalalala is not really an argument. Yet Reed has time on his hands to criticize Krakoa, the one best solution mutants have come up with not to get wiped out.
    Don't ignore the point. The argument of "where was so and so when this event happened?" is a weak one. We all know the answer is that they are different franchises and that's the reason why. Like where were the X-Men when Galactus and other cosmic entities threaten the planet? Or recently when Celestials were falling from the sky? It's a argument among comic fans as we all know the answer.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Has Reed gone and have that talk with every other head of state he knows? Or does he strictly punches down.
    Hey, he wasn’t hassling Krakoa until they showed up at his door. When Charles ‘my kid once destroyed the universe to get my attention’ Xavier and Erik ‘I forced my teen daughter to dance for me’ Lensherr, come in and say they want your kid to come live with them because they will be able to help him more, then you can’t blame him for saying something.

Extraordinary Member

Who. said. it. is. a. one-sided. argument? Show me the receipts. You said mutants are not allowing humans on the island because they're superior. I'm saying they're not allowed because mutants are currently being rounded up and killed so how do they know who they can trust? And Erik does not feel humans should be killed or enslaved. Show me the receipts.
    Maybe..considering that mutants are willing to give a free pass to the likes of them....no mutants can be trusted by humans.

And if mutants are not going to allow just anyone to come and go to Krakoa then they should not be hypocrites and act like they can come and go as they please anywhere in the world.

Maybe governments need to tell the mutants that if they want to have their sovereignty respected they need to respect everyone else's.

BANNED

Couple hundreds. Maybe thousands at most. Still not comparable. Thaymt argument wasnt smart but thanks for trying.
    Couple of Hundreds? Well Archangel destroyed a Small town with the help of the Son of apocalyse , that killed 5.301 humans just in a day . And I am pretty sure that the collapse of the Bronze Age didnt come without a mass murder or two. And of course the Akkaba clan , the dark sisters and other evil ancient mutant organizations killed many people in the past .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Don't ignore the point. The argument of "where was so and so when this event happened?" is a weak one. We all know the answer is that they are different franchises and that's the reason why. Like where were the X-Men when Galactus and other cosmic entities threaten the planet? Or recently when Celestials were falling from the sky? It's a argument among comic fans as we all know the answer.
    You're missing the point. Reed rn is arguing about the state of mutant affairs. So we can excuse him not doing so when FF werent part of the narrative but we can criticize him when they are which is currently the case. Otherwise you are arguing that the character is beyond reproach because *its a comicbook* which dont hold weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Strange that Sue is one of the rare persons that speaks about the elephant in the room: supremacist orientation in the Krakoan society. Surely the mutants weren't that isolated in the past and had connections beyond their mutant club…

Edit: Still, the dialogue could have been better written… even if it doesn't change the conclusion. Maybe a telecommunication device could have been spared.
    I agree. It's strange that some think her response is out of line. It's the one thing that actually reflects how humans actually react to these sorts of situations in real life. Mothers, parents care about all their kids. To speak to someone who seems to care about one child simply because that child could be useful to them would make most moms flip out.