Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post

I think there's a lot of excusing the X-Men attempt at pushing Franklin to go on their island and leave his family behind.
    That's crazy low from them, and I Don't know what parent on Earth wouldn't react the way Sue did if people showed up on their doorstep trying to pull what Xavier did with their children...
    That all of a sudden the FF are being criticized and thrown Under the bus because of that is par for the course on this forum.
    Mutants are right, humans are always wrong and bigots. This is the most nuance we get here

X-men are completely wrong, we know that they are going to use him and Sinister gonna sinister'd him. The parents are completely on the right,

Franklin saw the gates and never had the interest on going after them, that is how much he cares about mutants and krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And Kate kidnapped him. Not an exaggeration...She took a minor out of his home against his parent wishes.
    She took a kid away from what appeared to be a major brewing conflict so that he wouldn't get caught in the crossfire or have to listen to people argue over his life as if he had no opinion in the matter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And Kate kidnapped him. Not an exaggeration...She took a minor out of his home against his parent wishes.
    If you want to be pedantic the FF didnt want him on Krakoa, they said nothing about going outside.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    No one was grabby, Xavier and Magneto elected Kate to talk with Franklin and Kate's position aka Krakoa's position was to tell Franklin he should do what he feels is right. At no point did anyone try to forcibly bring him to Krakoa and the ensuing fight occured because of the FF multiple aggressions which the XMen responded to.
    Adults - who have no business to btw - trying to influence other people's children into making life-altering décisions without the parents' knowledge nor approval, now where did I see that kind of things play out, I Wonder…
    Xavier manipulated the situation to gain the outcome he wanted, that's the sole Reason Kate was included at all, and that's why he retreated so quickly at the end of issue #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Well ,given Sues temperament a Skype would just have led to the death of an innocent computer !
    But seriously if the intention was to kidnap Franklin , the FF would have walked all over that group , I doubt they could have found a team from all of Krakow that could take them on.
    If they really wanted to take him , why talk at all. Why not sneak in, a stealthy enough team I'm sure they could put together.
    Because, despite his actions, Xavier is not entirely stupid either.
    He knows he won't get away from a man like Richards with sneaking around/backstabbing him.
    There's no point, sooner or later, he would figures things out and Richards is the kind of person no one wants as an enemy.
    Rather be direct about it, eventhough trying to strong-harm Richards the way he did was also stupid.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Spectacular Member

Another thing that annoys me a little is that people are seeing visiting Krakoa as an all of nothing thing. The gates are not one way. Franklin could easily spend 9 to 5 on Krakoa and evenings and weekends with his familly.
    The F F are coming across as people who won't let their son to to a gay youth group because they don't want him mixing with "those people", and in Reeds case taking draconian measures against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That's not true. Sue and Johnny started using powers first. It escalated from there.
    Escalation started when the X-Men showed up at their doorstep with the people mentionned, omega-level mutants and killers. That's textbook intimidation.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Also the hit squad was composed of mostly former FF teammates/allies.
    Said omega-level mutants and killers.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Another thing that annoys me a little is that people are seeing visiting Krakoa as an all of nothing thing. The gates are not one way. Franklin could easily spend 9 to 5 on Krakoa and evenings and weekends with his familly.
    The F F are coming across as people who won't let their son to to a gay youth group because they don't want him mixing with "those people", and in Reeds case taking draconian measures against it.
    But teenagers aren't allowed to decide to explore anything about their own personal identity until they are 18!
    Until then their parents know best and those kids just need to shut up and go where they tell them, they have zero bodily autonomy

it still their right, they are the parents. I wouldn't trust Krakoa, they are a mess with many villains out there.

They have a nazi (sinister) with political power.

Escalation started when the X-Men showed up at their doorstep with the people mentionned, omega-level mutants and killers. That's textbook intimidation.

Said omega-level mutants and killers.
    Storm is essentially family. Bobby was part of the team and Kate is in a good place with them and Franklin's friend. They've all worked with Wolverine many times.

And no, escalation started when violence and superpowers were used during a meeting.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    But teenagers aren't allowed to decide to explore anything about their own personal identity until they are 18!
    Until then their parents know best and those kids just need to shut up and go where they tell them, they have zero bodily autonomy
    Spoken like true child-less people.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    It's funny how, at their most vulnerable and isolated, the XMen had zero issue entrusting their most valuable ward to the FF care.

Interesting how trust only goes one way.
    Is not the same case, they wanted him to examinate Hope and he helped them.

And you can see that Doctor Nemesis and Rogue are with her.

Krakoa has a legit Nazi who butchered children among its government. No responsible parent would send their child there.

"The X-Men only care about Franklin's powers," if that were true they could make a thousand clones of him by simply picking a hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Krakoa has a legit Nazi who butchered children among its government. No responsible parent would send their child there.
    They sent Valeria with Doom. Five year old Valeria.

Five. Alone
    Last edited by Glio; 02-21-2020 at 07:58 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    This reaching is getting out of hand.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Adults - who have no business to btw - trying to influence other people's children into making life-altering décisions without the parents' knowledge nor approval, now where did I see that kind of things play out, I Wonder…
    Xavier manipulated the situation to gain the outcome he wanted, that's the sole Reason Kate was included at all, and that's why he retreated so quickly at the end of issue #1.

Because, despite his actions, Xavier is not entirely stupid either.
    He knows he won't get away from a man like Richards with sneaking around/backstabbing him.
    There's no point, sooner or later, he would figures things out and Richards is the kind of person no one wants as an enemy.
    Rather be direct about it, eventhough trying to strong-harm Richards the way he did was also stupid.
    Excellent point ,but doesn't that sort of prove my point?
    "Taking" Franklin either by force of by stage would create an unbeatable enemy , wake a sleeping giant, as it where.I
    It seems much more likely that they were there to persuade not to take. (Though as I said, in a really clumsy way.) I thighs truth is it played out as Xavier planned with the FFs actions awakening Franklin's curiosity.