Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

There's a threat greater than the X-Men fighting the FF.

It's the X-Books forum before, during, and after.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    No

It's not, but they know that readers are dumb enough to buy the comic because it's the first time these groups have really interacted in decades. Contrived nonsense is the only way this isn't a 3 page story in an anthology book of mutant stories of coming to Krakoa.
    It can get resolved by someone picking up Sue's ambien prescription for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hmm well that's ignorin the fact Franklin LIVED with EMMA FROST during Gen X without many problems. Last thing Xavier, Magneto, or the Fans want is another mingling of those 3 together. No one wants another Onslaught.
    To me Sue Storm sounds like a person who takes whatever privileges they may have for granted and is infuriated with the notion where said privilege is not upheld or hinders them in a scenario
    What privileges? Mother's privileges?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I’m an X-fan over a FF fan but damn I’m loving Sue calling out the X-Men like that. Because at the end of the day it’s true, even in the situation where both of her children are missing, they care more for the fact that Franklin is missing over the fact that Valeria is as well. Really it’s a tension that’s only going to grow within the MU due to the attitudes of Krakoa and even if Sue is being a mama bear, she speaks the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m an X-fan over a FF fan but damn I’m loving Sue calling out the X-Men like that. Because at the end of the day it’s true, even in the situation where both of her children are missing, they care more for the fact that Franklin is missing over the fact that Valeria is as well. Really it’s a tension that’s only going to grow within the MU due to the attitudes of Krakoa and even if Sue is being a mama bear, she speaks the truth.
    Strange that Sue is one of the rare persons that speaks about the elephant in the room: supremacist orientation in the Krakoan society. Surely the mutants weren't that isolated in the past and had connections beyond their mutant club…

Edit: Still, the dialogue could have been better written… even if it doesn't change the conclusion. Maybe a telecommunication device could have been spared.
    Last edited by Zelena; 02-20-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Cyclops didn't say that. She misunderstood and threw a tantrum instead of making something constructive out of it. They could have worked together to find the kids

BANNED

People really want to act like Sue's the bad guy here?
    I swear I must not be reading the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Oh Marvel, will you ever truly learn ?! The first true interaction the x-men have with other marvel heroes after their big “return” to marvel prominence and immediately marvel falls back on AVX level x-men characterization to try and create a: “but both sides make good points “ situation so that the x-men don’t outshine the other pispoor marvel characters. I’be already made my mind up not to by the x-men empyre books and keep avoiding “crossover stories” with the other marvel heroes !
    This is a joke right?
    Someone cannot be this obnoxious, oh wait I forgot which forum I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    couldn't resist...

This is going to be serious though. Emma is definitely going to make a joke about it. And then another. And another. And Sue is already unstable as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post

This is a joke right?
    What did the X-Men do that made them the bad guys?

I can't even get into this **** because none of it matters this takes place early Krakoa and before the FF current run. Franklin's not having any relations with Krakoa and his powers are still weak this all just seems so pointless. Like 4 What!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Cyclops didn't say that. She misunderstood and threw a tantrum instead of making something constructive out of it. They could have worked together to find the kids
    Correct. Reed brought up the human/mutant distinction first and Scott made it clear that Krakoa is Franklin's birthright, and was about to say that they would of course tell them if the children were there but Sue cut him off because she is upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post

This is a joke right?
    Dude, if you wanna discuss the comics then join in. Don't take cheap shots about the people on this forum.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    What a shitshow.

Let me guess, Doom is gonna be the kidnapper right ?
    The kids sneaked onto Kate's ship hoping to reach Krakoa. She finds them at the end of the issue just as Doom appears.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm so tired of hero vs. hero stories. I'll check out the full issue (previews can be majorly misleading), but if it's more of the smartest, most experienced, heroes - all of whom have had to learn to be calm under fire and under harshest combat situations - all acting like unhinged failures from anger-management classes, I'll probably be out after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I'm so tired of hero vs. hero stories. I'll check out the full issue (previews can be majorly misleading), but if it's more of the smartest, most experienced, heroes - all of whom have had to learn to be calm under fire and under harshest combat situations - all acting like unhinged failures from anger-management classes, I'll probably be out after this.
    I think that this issue will be hero vs hero, then they'll find a common enemy in Doom and unite and hug but still not fully trusting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Cyclops found the words to assuage a distressed mother, didn't he?