Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No excuses will be forthcoming.

The majority of us pro-Krakoans are fully aware that there are wolves in the hen-house. And we fully expect things to go south...on many levels, because 1: We know of what these wolves are capable. 2: The fall-out/turning has been hinted at in several books...with Sebastian making his decisive move, 3: It is making for very exciting, interesting and unpredictable story-telling.
    I don't think anyone reading and fully enjoying HiX-Man's X-books believe that what he's going for is Shangri-La perfection, when it shown and expected and appreciated that it is in fact and indeed, otherwise.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

No excuses will be forthcoming.

The majority of us pro-Krakoans are fully aware that there are wolves in the hen-house. And we fully expect things to go south...on many levels, because 1: We know of what these wolves are capable. 2: The fall-out/turning has been hinted at in several books...with Sebastian making his decisive move, 3: It is making for very exciting, interesting and unpredictable story-telling.
    I don't think anyone reading and fully enjoying HiX-Man's X-books believe that what he's going for is Shangri-La perfection, when it shown and expected and appreciated that it is in fact and indeed, otherwise.
    And yet I’ve noticed that quite a bit of the responses gotten for pointing out these villains pulling shady stuff range from skepticism to outright dismissal.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And yet I’ve noticed that quite a bit of the responses gotten for pointing out these villains pulling shady stuff range from skepticism to outright dismissal.
    Enh...They're no more skeptical and outright dismissive (probably less so) than the con-Krakoa Will Fall/Must Fall set.
    So...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Yup, Sinister is going to do something that abuses the spirit of the rules even if it technically doesn't violate them. Basically Xavier and Magneto are going to be pissed at him for what he's going to do.
    It's possible they want him to do whatever it is he's going to do. Xavier seems very manipulative these days.

It sounds like you're asking people to agree with you. For the record, I see what you're saying and how you're viewing things but I'm in disagreement.

BANNED

And his statement about how he notices their laws leave a little air between the fingers, space where he can play flat out show that he’s abusing a loophole in the system. Loophole abuses tend to not be altruistic in their intent especially with the fact that they do something deplorable but would phrase it as technically legal due to lack of oversight.
    Im confused which Krakoan gateway the altruistic motives talk point comes from. We were arguing that Sinister hasnt broken the rules of Krakoa and that it was preferrable having him as an ally on Krakoa than being exposed to the racist outside world. But if inventing a new goal post helps u be right....

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    It's possible they want him to do whatever it is he's going to do. Xavier seems very manipulative these days.
    As we saw in XM 06 and how they treated with Raven, I believe Xavier and Magneto expect rather than "want" the villains to do shady shyt, to revert to type...as happened with Creed.
    They aren't being presented as so naive as to believe every one will toe the line....smart as they are, they should know the wolves they're dealing with.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-22-2020 at 11:51 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

As we saw in XM 06 and how they treated with Raven, I believe Xavier and Magneto expect rather than "want" the villains to do shady shyt, to revert to type...as happened with Creed.
    They aren't being presented as so naive as to believe every one will toe the line.
    They know for a fact Sinister will betray them because they know of Life 9. They might get blindsided because Xavier thinks he has him under his psychic command and we know Sinny has been freed of that for some time now.

They aren't being presented as so naive as to believe every one will toe the line....smart as they are, they should know the wolves they're dealing with.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    They know for a fact Sinister will betray them because they know of Life 9. They might get blindsided because Xavier thinks he has him under his psychic command and we know Sinny has been freed of that for some time now.
    These comments express what I find so interesting about the current situation.

Enh...They're no more skeptical and outright dismissive (probably less so) than the con-Krakoa Will Fall/Must Fall set.
    So...
    Not from some of the posters I’ve seen, especially in this thread. Some real condescension seems to go around with the responses given.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It sounds like you're asking people to agree with you. For the record, I see what you're saying and how you're viewing things but I'm in disagreement.
    No I’m not asking to be agreed with but there is a fine line between disagreeing with someone and flat out being condescending towards those you don’t agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    These comments express what I find so interesting about the current situation.
    I know, Sibling.
    The villains have been given a second chance to "do good" by their race.
    Unfortunately we know, some of them just aren't capable of turning over that newly offered leaf...like Creed. We know some of them are just going along to pick and choose a leaf that furthers their own ends...Sinister and o--[A]--o. And some are accepting the leaf under duress for now...Raven.

I want to know who has actually accepted the new leaf in trust and good faith.

It's all quite...exciting. (At least for me).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-22-2020 at 12:37 PM.

That is well within the realm of possibility, and the point tuck frump brought up is an especially juicy wrinkle in that. Xavier expects the dishonest wriggling around the rules, but does he have a contingency for his initial move in this game having been nullified years prior?

But when did they start to believe they belong to the same race?
    As generic villains, they start their career to do things for their own glory…
    And they invent a discourse to justify their actions.

The only ideologues about mutant condition in MU are Xavier and Magneto…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I know, Sibling.
    Unfortunately we know, some of them just aren't capable of turning over that newly offered leaf...like Creed. We know some of them are just going along to pick and choose a leaf that furthers their own ends...Sinister and o--[A]--o. And some are accepting the leaf under duress for now...Raven.

I want to know who has actually accepted the new leaf in trust and good faith.

It's all quite...exciting. (At least for me).
    It would seem Pyro is living his best life but he has a few screws loose.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the villains were just as shocked as most of the readers that they were invited. They were pretty much frozen in place when they arrived.

Not from some of the posters I’ve seen, especially in this thread. Some real condescension seems to go around with the responses given.

No I’m not asking to be agreed with but there is a fine line between disagreeing with someone and flat out being condescending towards those you don’t agree with.
    I can only speak for myself but I'll just add someone to my ignore list if they're debating in a way I don't like, which is your right to do too. But I've been called blind, stupid, a "dick", uneducated, polly anna, and obnoxious by some that disagree with my love for Krakoa. Unfortunately these conversations end up going in circles and after a while I have to imagine people grow weary of them.