Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    She asked him what he wanted, the only one to actually do that.

And you're making an assumption that they just want him "to gather more power". You may end up being right but the stated reason, on the page, is they are concerned that he's losing his powers and they are concerned this could happen to other mutants.
    Again...Franklin is a minor...he does no get to make decisions on where he lives. Kate snuck him out of the house...against his parents wishes...and to the closest gate before his family actually had a chance to talk about it.

She asked him what he wanted, the only one to actually do that.

And you're making an assumption that they just want him "to gather more power". You may end up being right but the stated reason, on the page, is they are concerned that he's losing his powers and they are concerned this could happen to other mutants.
    She's an adult, he's a minor. De facto, your argument is null and void. As she is an adult, and not part of his family at that, she had no business doing what she did, and enabling the kid to disappear on his parents. Period. That's not a debate, there's no excusing that.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So Kitty was trying to kidnap Franklin ? Loooolllllllllllllll
    She was.
    I hope no one Will ever pull out what she did with your children.
    That day, you'll bite back your laugh.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Again...Franklin is a minor...he does no get to make decisions on where he lives. Kate snuck him out of the house...against his parents wishes...and to the closest gate before his family actually had a chance to talk about it.
    Worse still, she used To be a teacher and run a school. Of all the people involved, she should be the last To actually pull that kind of bs.

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    She's an adult, he's a minor. De facto, your argument is null and void. As she is an adult, and not part of his family at that, she had no business doing what she did, and enabling the kid to disappear on his parents. Period. That's not a debate, there's no excusing that.
    She asked him if he wanted to leave as things were getting violent, which was started by his Mom. The next page she shows him how close the gate is so that should he decide to explore Krakoa, he's steps away from his parents. It's when everyone else shows up, Sue throwing Magneto into a bus, him threatening her with cars, that he decides to run for the gate.

Now look at how the mutants just leave after the confrontation between Reed and Franklin. In my mind this was never about taking Franklin (Sue agrees with that), this was about creating a situation where his parents would act out and embarrass their son. And it worked.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

She took him there to show him that he wouldn't be far from his parents. And that they are just one Krakoa gate away.

Are you even reading whats on panel??

She's basically saying she's there for him and that she WON'T let Xavier push him or his parents.

This narrative your pushing is so disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Welp I'm pretty sure superior is like sapiens was to Neanderthals. Tech was meant in the sense of using tech to enhance yourself over natural abilities. That was quite stressed in HoX PoX, that if left alone nature would make mutants win.
    But Neanderthals dont give birth to homo sapiens and vice versa, Mutants can actually have human children and humans naturally give birth to mutants.

i think is more about going to the point of no return that simply "enhanced yourself is bad", several mutants have enhanced themselves with technology.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 02-23-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    She took him there to show him that he wouldn't be far from his parents. And that they are just one Krakoa gate away.

Are you even reading whats on panel??

She's basically saying she's there for him and that she WON'T let Xavier push him or his parents.

This narrative your pushing is so disingenuous.
    The franklin run to the gate to run away, with the help of Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    But Neanderthals dont give birth to homo sapiens and vice versa, Mutants can actually have human children and humans naturally give birth to mutants.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the first human baby born to a Krakoan couple and how that all plays out!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The franklin run to the gate to run away, with the help of Kitty
    I don't think Franklin is as stupid as some on here are making him out to be. Yes he's a minor but he's had way more life experience than a typical teenager. The boy puts universes back together. Kate didn't pull one over on him.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the first human baby born to a Krakoan couple and how that all plays out!
    Lol i also imagined that plot too, that the first child born in Krakoa were a human and how they would react.

Some of them as a bad augury, others as a good sign and others not giving a crap.

Sinister: "Mundane, meh"

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Lol i also imagined that plot too, that the first child born in Krakoa were a human and how they would react.
    Haha I think it'd be OK considering Shogo is welcome but I can see them having a big group gathering ceremony for the first child born on Krakoa. Everyone is cheering and crying but somehow they realize the baby doesn't have an X-Gene and they're all, "Oh..." and go back home. LOL!

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Same here, Kate had no business marrooning Franklin to the closest gate in the back of his parents. Period.
    Beyond that, the Kraked had no business coming To the Richards home To try and sway away their kid, out of their shady desire To gather more power on their island, that's pathetic.
    Bullcrap argument, 1st According to the dictionary Marooning is "the intentional act of abandoning someone in an uninhabited area, such as a desert island." That didn't happen, not even close. She didn't kidnap him, steal him or anything like that, they went for a walk, something he was not restricted from doing, and talked. In their talk she flat out told him that she would support him against Xavier and everyone else.

2nd the X-Men have always recruited young adolescents for the school, there are few differences from this and when they recruited Kitty Pryde.

3rd They never said anything about wanting to
    "gather more power on their island"
    They didn't leave until they determined that something was effecting/draining Franklins powers and the FF so far were unable to do anything about it. No one seems to know whats happening to him and its perfectly reasonable that they would be concerned and try and help. Including the worst case scenario of wanting to get him into the resurrection protocols in case whatever is happening has more dire long term implications.

Yes, the Krakoans do want to recruit all of the omega class mutants. So what? The whole point of Krakoa was to get all of the mutants working together to survive. You don't do that by ignoring someone as powerful as Franklin. That doesn't mean they are doing anything shady, in fact I'll challenge you to show any evidence that they are. Many of the critics on the site keep assuming some super secret, super shady, long term plan. You and they couldn't be more wrong, Their super secret plan isn't a secret. Unite, Thrive and Survive, not exactly some villainous mantra.

I'll be the first to admit that the mutants (not your derogatory "Kracked") could have come across better. I'll also be the first to say that the final decision is not up to Franklin or the mutants, its his parents BUT there is nothing pathetic or despicable about them asking and offering help. AND the FF at every available turn chose to escalate things.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 02-23-2020 at 11:31 AM.

So far the Krakaons are not in the right. There were very easy ways to approach the Richards family. The suggestion that they do an open-house style thing for them with Krakoa. Afterwards go back through the Krakoan gate with them to demonstrate that Franklin would never been too far from family. Instead the most intimidating presentation and dialogue was used. I'll chalk it up to plot induced stupidity, because if not this would begin and end with a page or two.

Some people think it'll go the way of Shogo with Jubilee, but I think whatever writer pulls it off first will likely use that opportunity to tell a different story. We may see stories about some mutant scientists "fixing" the child, or stories about the parents being harassed for giving birth to an oppressor, or any other number of things. It's a shame cape books don't let time flow normally because it'd be cool to see a human child of mutants living in a mutant-exclusive society. The push-pull of living in a tiny society that sees you as less than while living on the planet where your species is actually overwhelmingly dominant. What would be home? Who would they see as their people?

Interesting stuff, all thanks to this new era.

BTW, I'm surprised so many people missed the point of the whole Homo Novissima stuff. The whole twist was that humans were superior all along, that the mutants were fighting the wrong enemies (machines), but that in the process of fighting this long war humanity sacrificed a lot. Why do you think Hickman went out of his way to show that gathering of humans doing that awful thing to the baby while that cult demanded them to sacrifice more of their humanity? Or why Cardinal and Rasputin were chastised for still having any kind of hope or faith in humans to turn this around? Or the very human insecurity about the future the day before "Ascension"? But that's off topic so I'll stop here.
    Last edited by Metal Sphere; 02-23-2020 at 11:33 AM.

She asked him if he wanted to leave as things were getting violent, which was started by his Mom. The next page she shows him how close the gate is so that should he decide to explore Krakoa, he's steps away from his parents. It's when everyone else shows up, Sue throwing Magneto into a bus, him threatening her with cars, that he decides to run for the gate.

Now look at how the mutants just leave after the confrontation between Reed and Franklin. In my mind this was never about taking Franklin (Sue agrees with that), this was about creating a situation where his parents would act out and embarrass their son. And it worked.
    Which part of "she had no business doing what she did" wasn't clear the first time ?
    Do you want To try and pull that on someone's children irl and see how it goes ? Spoilers: cops will be involved FAST.

"No justice, no peace."