Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Haha I think it'd be OK considering Shogo is welcome but I can see them having a big group gathering ceremony for the first child born on Krakoa. Everyone is cheering and crying but somehow they realize the baby doesn't have an X-Gene and they're all, "Oh..." and go back home. LOL!
    I guess thatīs why I am so attached to the idea of Anya being brought back to life while being a regular human, the sheer drama would be interesting not so much from Magneto who always has seen her as his little girl and would just be happy and even think it a miracle to see her back but from the other characters like Exodus.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

PS- Just so people know at 16 years old you can be emancipated from your parents. Selling this like Franklin does have a legit choice in this matter is wrong. At 16 in most states a teenager who can prove they can take care of themselves can emancipated themselves from their parents.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Uhmm. Is that really the argument, It is overall thing not hey I am going to pick out a couple examples. You have you seen how mutation in Marvel works let's look at some second generation mutants

Legion-Omega level mutant
    Polaris-Near Omega level mutant

Second generation mutant with two mutant (or superhuman) parents

HyperStorm-Omega Level mutant
    Raze Darkholme- Shapeshifting and Wolverine Healing factor
    Becka Munroe- Weather Control and enhanced human abilities
    Ruby Summers- Optic Blast and Diamond form
    Cable/Nate Grey/Rachel Grey- Omega Level/ near omega level mutants
    Nocturne- Teleport and can possess people
    Every single character you've listed is hampered by crippling mental disorders and or physiological instability. Omega is not the end in and of itself. A perfectly healthy, mentally stable version has yet to be discovered (other than Franklin, I suppose). Even seemingly "good" ones like Storm and Iceman have cracked.

PS- Just so people know at 16 years old you can be emancipated from your parents. Selling this like Franklin does have a legit choice in this matter is wrong. At 16 in most states a teenager who can prove they can take care of themselves can emancipated themselves from their parents.
    Emancipation only works if the parents agree to it or the child can prove unsafe living conditions. Let's not bring realism into this.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Which part of "she had no business doing what she did" wasn't clear the first time ?
    Do you want To try and pull that on someone's children irl and see how it goes ? Spoilers: cops will be involved FAST.
    As mentioned, they went for a walk which is not illegal. This is your opinion but they are friends and have history.

What IS clear is your nasty attitude. I'm giving you scans and quotes to substantiate what I'm saying and you're throwing insults to make up for your lack of evidence for your asinine plot points.

Yes, I agree the mutants could have handled things better but they did not try to kidnap the boy. Had they, Sue would have "killed" them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I guess thatīs why I am so attached to the idea of Anya being brought back to life while being a regular human, the sheer drama would be interesting not so much from Magneto who always has seen her as his little girl and would just be happy and even think it a miracle to see her back but from the other characters like Exodus.
    OMG I want this now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don't feel they ever really used Luna as much as they could have back in the day.

Magneto's grandaughter, the daughter of a mutant and an inhuman royal, was perfectly human herself. They could have got a lot more mileage out of that than they did.

OMG I want this now!
    Me too! I donīt think it would be hard, just a matter of Tempus or Yana rescuing her right before the fire got to her room. I wonder why no writer has done this before.

I don't feel they ever really used Luna as much as they could have back in the day.

Magneto's grandaughter, the daughter of a mutant and an inhuman royal, was perfectly human herself. They could have got a lot more mileage out of that than they did.
    They could but then marvel would have to undo the retcon and take off Lunaīs powers or maybe that wont be neccesary, given sheīs bassically a super human who was born a regular human.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I don't think Franklin is as stupid as some on here are making him out to be. Yes he's a minor but he's had way more life experience than a typical teenager. The boy puts universes back together. Kate didn't pull one over on him.
    Perhaps not under normal conditions yea, but given how he’s been written as teen angst incarnate, he’s pretty much guaranteed to do some stupid stuff. Angst in general can make someone act irrationally and stupidly. Personally, I’ll be glad when they can get past this point if characterization because he’s the worst kind of teen right now.

As mentioned, they went for a walk which is not illegal. This is your opinion but they are friends and have history.

What IS clear is your nasty attitude. I'm giving you scans and quotes to substantiate what I'm saying and you're throwing insults to make up for your lack of evidence for your asinine plot points.

Yes, I agree the mutants could have handled things better but they did not try to kidnap the boy. Had they, Sue would have "killed" them.
    I keep saying the same things because of you ignoring them, and arguing over Her intentions which is irrelevant To the situation. Again, Kate isn't Franklin legal Guardian, nor related To him in any way. She had no excuse to remove him from his parents' vicinity, that wasn't Her call To make, and had no legal basis supporting Her action, quite the countrary.
    Those are facts.
    Nothing nasty or asinine about setting the records straight.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Which part of "she had no business doing what she did" wasn't clear the first time ?
    Do you want To try and pull that on someone's children irl and see how it goes ? Spoilers: cops will be involved FAST.
    A family friend who was invited inside of the house, While parents are having a argument with other friends. Taking the 16 year old teenager who can go outside for a walk down the street on their own is something? You are really trying to sell that as some sort of big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Emancipation only works if the parents agree to it or the child can prove unsafe living conditions. Let's not bring realism into this.
    Actual no they are different reason you can get emancipation beyond mistreatment and neglect. If you don't want to live with your parents and you prove you can take care yourself financially in some states you can be emancipated. There is some variance from state like in Cali you can be as young 14, In some states the act of being married or joining the military will automatically do it.

"Realism" matters because people are acting like he doesn't have a choice in the matter and at 16 he doesn't have a say in what happens to his life.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-23-2020 at 11:55 AM.

He's not emancipated right now, so that's a moot argument if I ever saw one.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I keep saying the same things because of you ignoring them, and arguing over Her intentions which is irrelevant To the situation. Again, Kate isn't Franklin legal Guardian, nor related To him in any way. She had no excuse to remove him from his parents' vicinity, that wasn't Her call To make, and had no legal basis supporting Her action, quite the countrary.
    Those are facts.
    Except that she didn't "remove him" he left on his own volition and he was not restricted from doing so. Had she removed him without his consent, had she knowing taken him on her ship, or if she coerced him into leaving it'd be a different story.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 02-23-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Every single character you've listed is hampered by crippling mental disorders and or physiological instability. Omega is not the end in and of itself. A perfectly healthy, mentally stable version has yet to be discovered (other than Franklin, I suppose). Even seemingly "good" ones like Storm and Iceman have cracked.
    Err didn't he "kill" his parent's and a lotta other heroes during Onslaught but really just whisked them away to the'Heros Reborn' universe
    GrindrStone(D)

Those are facts.
    They were sitting on the stairs listening to the adults argue. It was when Magneto started walking towards Franklin that Sue lifted him in the area and Charles demanded he be put down. That's when Franklin said, "Oh, man... this isn't good..." and Kate said, "Wanna get out of here?", and he said, "Yeah". Had things not escalated, they would have been fine sitting on the stairs until it was over.

Franklin doesnīt need to be emancipated to have an oppinion over what he wants to do with his life, thereīs a possibility heīs still so inmature precisely because his parents have been way too protective of him for years and his recent rebellion is his natural response to it. Lest remember in the marvel universe Spider-man got his lesson on power and responsibility at 16 so yes, he really should be given his space to begin to develop as an adult, not all the space in the world but some would be nice.

I donīt agree at all that Kitty was trying to kidnap Franklin but I do think that was an underhanded action made by ppl who supposely have known, worked and fight alongside each other for years, they should be beyond this at this point, especially with Reed and Charles collaboration in the Iluminati. Thatīs why I call most interactions of the X-men with FF OC in this series.

But I also think Reed tampering with Franklinīs genetics to keep him next to him was totally uncalled for as well as Sue reaction to the X-men just being there, they are acting like Franklin is just 5 years old instead of 16 and this will hurt their relationship with him with or without X-men around.