Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    This all happened AFTER Reed experimented on his son without his knowledge nor consent to further isolate him from his mutant identity right?? Oh okay then.

The argument that daddy and mommy know best is really not as strong as some believe it is, plenty of gay kids or adopted kids from ethnic minorities will have a word about that. Experimenting on Franklin is basically abuse and could realistically see Reed have his parental authority revoked. Now check that.
    The problem is, Reed and Susan are leagues away in parent department if you compare them to Charles or Erik.

Reed is not against the idea of franklin going to Krakoa but not now, also is pretty known that they have mutant villains in Krakoa.
    They are demanding a leap of fate, they had every right in not taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think this art style is just trash when it comes to men all the guys look average.
    I like Dodson's style personally but I have to admit his female characters seem to have more personality. even if he gets a liiiiittle close to sameface territory at least its a nice face lol. maybe that's why I like him, he does my faves justice

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Human Torch Chris Evans >>> Captain America Chris Evans
    FACT but are the girls ready for that discussion????

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Cyclops didn't say that. She misunderstood and threw a tantrum instead of making something constructive out of it. They could have worked together to find the kids
    You don’t have to say something for your actions to speak louder. In spite of the history they share, the X-Men’s recent actions have shown just how much higher they value mutants, including their input over humans for nothing more than what genes they posses. Besides, he flat out said that Krakoa is not for humans and is Franklin’s birthright which in itself shows how much higher they value him over her. It’s their entire current attitude that results in the lack of trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You don’t have to say something for your actions to speak louder. In spite of the history they share, the X-Men’s recent actions have shown just how much higher they value mutants, including their input over humans for nothing more than what genes they posses. Besides, he flat out said that Krakoa is not for humans and is Franklin’s birthright which in itself shows how much higher they value him over her. It’s their entire current attitude that results in the lack of trust.
    That was in response to what Reed said.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I knew people would claim the FF are mutantphobic. Such a predictable response lol.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

lol I love how Sue felt the need to remind Scott that her daughter is a genius despite it having no relevancy whatsoever to the current situation. Bragging much?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    claiming how deplorable the FF are.
    Deplorable AND suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    The problem is, Reed and Susan are leagues away in parent department if you compare them to Charles or Erik.
    This is neither the problem, nor the point, nor was it even brought up in the series so far. The FF losing their mind at the idea of Franklin exploring his mutantness is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The FF can’t help but let their mask slip when the X-Men stop being Uncle Tom and Aunt Jemima mutants - stopping bank robbers and helping old ladies across the street - and actually stand up for themselves and non-hero mutants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I knew people would claim the FF are mutantphobic.
    Because they are. The first thing Reed does when the XMen sit down is argue about the creation of Krakoa and how the drugs make it seem like "(you) are better than (us)" now wheeeeen and hoooooow did it become us and them all of a sudden? And its also very interesting how the FF have never felt any type of way about mutants being gassed, pulverized, crucified, vaccinated..... but all of a suddent they're human mutant relationship experts now that the mutants have come up with a solution. Now the issue pertains to them and they know the right and wrong way to go about it but before, they didnt. How inch resting.

I knew people would claim the FF are mutantphobic. Such a predictable response lol.
    I mean im pretty sure what they're saying is meant to mimic real life "I'm not racist, but.." scenarios. Their hearts are in the right place but their biases are clear, at least so far int the story

Extraordinary Member

Love some of the comments in here..."Franklin is a mutant so he doesn't have to do what his parents say. He is old enough to make his own decision to go to the island of mutant stupidity with the likes of Magneto, Apocalypse and Sinister. His parents are just haters who don't care what he wants."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Love some of the comments in here..."Franklin is a mutant so he doesn't have to do what his parents say. He is old enough to make his own decision to go to the island of mutant stupidity with the likes of Magneto, Apocalypse and Sinister. His parents are just haters who don't care what he wants."
    yeah it is almost like readers don't know crap about parenting. Also ignores a bunch of villains there

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I mean im pretty sure what they're saying is meant to mimic real life "I'm not racist, but.." scenarios. Their hearts are in the right place but their biases are clear, at least so far int the story
    The only ones I see biases are x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Deplorable AND suspicious.

This is neither the problem, nor the point, nor was it even brought up in the series so far. The FF losing their mind at the idea of Franklin exploring his mutantness is.

Because they are. The first thing Reed does when the XMen sit down is argue about the creation of Krakoa and how the drugs make it seem like "(you) are better than (us)" now wheeeeen and hoooooow did it become us and them all of a sudden? And its also very interesting how the FF have never felt any type of way about mutants being gassed, pulverized, crucified, vaccinated..... but all of a suddent they're human mutant relationship experts now that the mutants have come up with a solution. Now the issue pertains to them and they know the right and wrong way to go about it but before, they didnt. How inch resting.
    No they're not mutantphobic. It won't be true not matter how hard you try to make it seem so. The reason why they weren't around when bad things happened to mutants? Because they are a different franchise. Don't act like the moment another team is heavily involved in an X-story you won't get complaints from fans for them taking up panel time from mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    They don't get it, but it's not out of some racist thing. Sue is being aggressive because her kids are involved. Not because it's mutants, just ask the Avengers.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What privileges? Mother's privileges?
    She seems offended that her 'genius' human daughter who has ran oFF to Latveria when she was 5 wouldn't be given carte blanche on Krakoa
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    She seems offended that her 'genius' human daughter who has ran oFF to Latveria when she was 5 wouldn't be given carte blanche on Krakoa
    And she is right. Discriminate on a gene is bad

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I think it's inexcusably stupid of Sue to assume that Valeria was kidnapped by mutants when she's ran off on her own before. Shouldn't she be aware of what a mischievous little gremlin her daughter is by now?

BANNED

No they're not mutantphobic. It won't be true not matter how hard you try to make it seem so. The reason why they weren't around when bad things happened to mutants? Because they are a different franchise. Don't act like the moment another team is heavily involved in an X-story you won't get complaints from fans for them taking up panel time from mutants.
    Putting hands on your ears and going lalalala is not really an argument. Yet Reed has time on his hands to criticize Krakoa, the one best solution mutants have come up with not to get wiped out.