Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1372

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's a pity some can't seem to just sit back and enjoy the beauty-full Krakoan sunsets while sipping jasmine-infused Krakoan tea and Pure Mimosas. They take everything so personal and so deathly serious.
    For real. While there's plenty of stories going on right now that merit serious debate, I refuse to take this one in particular any sort of seriously if the writers refuse to. I mean, comics are meant to entertain you, guys. Like sit back and let's watch the cat fight between Reed and Xavier's wives.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Like sit back and let's watch the cat fight between Reed and Xavier's wives.
    Best description of the Sue/Magneto slapfight, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Jjjjjjjjjjjj. There is like a three page argument over the positive merits of espousing genetic superiority. If some pallid neo-nazi supremacist no-chin were to say this crap, justice would swiftly descend on him like the mass production eva models did on Unit 02. It's not cherry picking when people really do write crazy **** they don't expect to be challenged on.
    Because in a comic Mutants are actually genetically "superior" to humans, In real life the only difference between anybody is skin color we are all the same. If freaking Nazis were flying and blowing up building with their minds I would say know what you got me on this genetic superiority thing but that is not case. In real life every "race" excels when give a fair chance. There is a difference between a fictional story with superhumans and real life where everybody is equal. Mutants are born with advantages that Humans can never make up. While in real life athletic and intelligence gaps between different groups can be made up to some degree with hard work.

It is crazy people are arguing against what fiction is design to be because real life it isn't that way. In real life Hitler was talking that master race stuff and Jesse Owens smoked them in sprinting, In Fiction Magneto and Quire are talking mad spicy but the difference is Magneto can till the earth off its axis and Quire can take over countries by himself. Mutants are designed to be better in the fiction. While in real life we shouldn't even be using the word "Race".
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-23-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Ugh you like Peter??? Ok Ill try to contain my contempt.

Porsha bout to throw Kenya across the bowling alley this is better then snakegate.
    OMG have you seen that??? I'm usually #teamtwirl but Kenya is doing a bit too much this season. And the talk about sex with Marc I --

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well Runaways kinda went mainstream with the show so I can understand that. And Black Panther was one of the biggest movies in the world so I can also understand that.
    Exactly...when you have that kind of exposure in film/TV, they will keep it in print. Plus with BP you what I guess you could call a prestige factor with an award winning writer Coates. Captain Marvel's had a few relaunches, etc. The current title seems to be doing better than past launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Because in a comic Mutants are actually genetically "superior" to humans, In real life the only difference between anybody is skin color we are all the same. If freaking Nazis were flying and blowing up building with their minds I would say know what you got me on this genetic superiority thing but that is not case. In real life every "race" excels when give a fair chance. There is a difference between a fictional story with superhumans and real life where everybody is equal. Mutants are born with advantages that Humans can never make up. While in real life athletic and intelligence gaps between different groups can be made up to some degree with hard work.

It is crazy people are arguing against what fiction is design to be because real life it isn't that way. In real life Hitler was talking that master race stuff and Jesse Owens smoked them in sprinting, In Fiction Magneto and Quire are talking mad spicy but the difference is Magneto can till the earth off its axis and Quire can take over countries by himself. Mutants are designed to be better in the fiction. While in real life we shouldn't even be using the word "Race".
    I don't know about that .... Doctor Doom does pretty well without being a mutant. Conquering reality and the multiverse and all that. Even without the armor he's got crazy strong Sorcerer Supreme mystical skills. He used a spell that hurled Blue Marvel through several walls. And then there's that naked lion wrestling stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't know about that .... Doctor Doom does pretty well without being a mutant. Conquering reality and the multiverse and all that. Even without the armor he's got crazy strong Sorcerer Supreme mystical skills. He used a spell that hurled Blue Marvel through several walls. And then there's that naked lion wrestling stuff
    Nobody is arguing against the ability to do great things in the fiction. One. Dr Doom and some of other amazing humans are outliers they are pretty much superhuman themselves if not for the presence of mutates and mutants that is how they would be viewed. Two whole point of this thing they are people born with ability whereas Dr Doom or Reed had work all their life to do what they do. No doubt they are amazing but someone like Prodigy or Forge can walk in room and be better than them for the simple fact he was born a mutant. Dr Doom had to study his butt off to get where he is and Prodigy can match him in a day not because he has to work for it but because he has a xgene. But this off topic but the point is simple fiction has different rules and we have people who will see Superman and go "No, you shouldn't call anything superior" the point of the fiction is that he is superior isn't it?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-23-2020 at 11:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    OMG have you seen that??? I'm usually #teamtwirl but Kenya is doing a bit too much this season. And the talk about sex with Marc I --
    When she was imitating the way he talks to her in bed and she said "you talk too much turn around" I lost my mind.

When she was imitating the way he talks to her in bed and she said "you talk too much turn around" I lost my mind.
    My jaw dropped there. He's fine though.

Nene was finally funny and nice this episode after years

BANNED

He's fiiiine like I find Todd good looking and Cynthia's man is okay obviously but the show hadnt had this level of eye candy since Apollo went to jail. People criticize him for not being 100 for Kenya but I rhink what she really needs is someone to help her grow up bc I love her but she's too messy. Their daughter is sooo adorable like talk about superior genes.

Kenya got her vengeance on Nene for that one time she tried to be friendly and Nene ghosted her in season 5 or sthg.

BANNED

71 pages, the x-forums outsold

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I'm not excusing anything, you can choose to dislike what they did but that is just your opinion.
    Franklin being a minor and Pryde an adult isn't an opinion.
    Pryde flying Franklin to that gate isn't an opinion.
    The sky being blue isn't an opinion either, just so you know.
    You can't dismiss basic facts when they don't jive with your narrative.

If she knowingly took him on her boat, if they forced him to leave the house against his will or actually brought him to Krakoa then it would be a problem, but that didn't happen. The worst thing she did was to tell Franklin to do what he wants to do in light of the super-powered fight the FF kicked up.
    Kate told the Richards she was flying their son to the nearest gate while having "a talk" with him ?
    No, she didn't. That too, isn't an opinion. It's à Fact.
    Why do you think the FF freaked out over his disappearing ?
    What's shocking To me is that she ran a school, she should know better than pull that kind of crap on parents.

Except the conversation was about the gates and how close it is to his home.
    That doesn't justify Her flying the kid there in the back of the parents and enabling him into rébellion. Had the conversation been about Australia, would you have defended Pryde flying him there too without parental knowledge nor accord ? Get real.

What happened is that his parents got into a screaming match and he and a friend (who the parents currently don't like) left to go for a walk.
    Being "a friend" doesn't entitle Her To pull any of that, it's actuallly worse because she took advantage of Said friendship To put Franklin in that position of disappearing on his parents.
    Kate isn't Franklin's family. She isn't his légal Guardian. She had not the authorization of his parents to take him for a "walk" , especially near one of the gate. She was out of Line all the way and she knew it or should have known it since she used to be a teacher and run a school.
    There's no excusing Her action here.

That is not illegal no matter how much you think it is.
    It absolutely is, Franklin Being a minor. Next.

He's an older teenager not 6. Going for a walk with someone the parents don't like is not a crime.
    Someone the parents don't like ? This again ? That's irrelevant here, the issue is about Kitty flying Franklin to the nearest gate without the parents knowledge and authorization. Franklin being 16 doesn't change the Fact that he's a minor in thé eyes of the laws. Ergo, his parents still are the ones responsible for him, and Pryde going over their head and disappearing their son on them is illegal af. No matter how much YOU don't like that Fact.

that was in response to you making this incorrect claim
    It wasn't, the X-Men have recruited kid with harsh background and history of abusé from their family in thé past. You jumped the gun because not all those became A-listers and you assumed I said they were. Go back and read what I actually Said.

You are literally condemning the X-Men for something they have always done and never had a problem with until now.
    Another bad assumption from your part since I've been pretty vocal about Xavier and Scott enabling and using children To fight as soldiers To their cause in the past.

Yeah, his parents would have the final say that does not mean they can't reach out. You might think it, but you'd be wrong.
    They reached out with a squad of heavy hitters and Magnéto at their back, and with a clear agenda in mind. That's pathetic and that déserves To be called out. Xavier should have reached out To them without trying To press then into caving by his show of force.

By this logic any action that supports the military is "military" in nature.
    Not any action, but you can't deny the military advantage the Résurrection protocols give To the Kraked. It's already à tool into their covert opérations, against Orchis in HoX/PoX or with their X-Force. Don't be coy about this.

Also if you actually check the data page you consistently fail to reference it was about nurturing and protecting the omegas from the rest of the world.
    I didn't have access to my issues this wknd so I couldn't check which one it was, but I know this data page was shown in one of those. That's all, don't be hang up over it, I'm pretty fond of referencing my sources whenever I can.

You got it backwards, I can't imagine why they feel that individual mutants need protection from the greater world. Its not like they have overwhelming evidence of hostility directed at mutants.

Also just to be clear, when the primary goal is overwhelmingly aimed at benefiting civilians, like for example 16 million dead Genoshans, its considered non-military.
    By who ? You ? You can't deny the military advantage it gives the Kraked over everyone else. Same with the gates Btw. Both art currently used for military purpose as Well, they fall in that perview as a result. That's that.

Yeah, no your wrong here to. You don't need permission to talk, and for the record, they were engaging with his parents.
    They do, I'll invite you To look up in what context institutions can approach minors, it always involves parents/legal guardians, not fly over their heads, except in rare cases/exceptions where they are unreachable.

No your making up reasons to try and condemn Krakoa

Attachment 93610

Looking at this I missed another non-military mutant, Elixir.

Hmmm... I see protect and nurture, I don't see military looks like you're making baseless assumptions.
    That's the data page I talked about. And look, "all efforts are To be expanded in order To secure the future of THE STATE" .
    Right there the reason the Kraked are so invested into the Oméga. Very altruistic eh ? /sarcasm

I've acknowledged from the beginning that the Krakoans didn't do a particularly good job at this and that no matter what the final decision is up to the Richards. You're ignoring that every single escalation including attacking with powers was done by the FF.
    They are the parents, they are right To protect their children from wannabe snatchers. Xavier and his troops shouldn't have tried To pressure them into letting go of their son, it was stupid.

. None of which was called for. I don't see anything here worse than the typical plot induced stupidity of nearly every hero/hero story. You're also the one trying to make a federal case against the Krakoans (Kidnapping is a federal crime), as part of a vast sinister conspiracy that you have yet to back up with a shred of evidence.
    You posted that data page, the évidence is there for everyone To see. And I'm not making à fédéral case against the X-Men, they made it themselves with their reckless actions. That's on them, and they deserve To be called out on it, regardless of what the apologists think of it.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

He's fiiiine like I find Todd good looking and Cynthia's man is okay obviously but the show hadnt had this level of eye candy since Apollo went to jail. People criticize him for not being 100 for Kenya but I rhink what she really needs is someone to help her grow up bc I love her but she's too messy. Their daughter is sooo adorable like talk about superior genes.

Kenya got her vengeance on Nene for that one time she tried to be friendly and Nene ghosted her in season 5 or sthg.
    Brooklyn is super cute, but Mark and Kenya are two alpha dogs and it's never never going to work. I saw yesterday that Nene posted a pic with Apollo (super messyyy) and he was looking good post jail. Claudia was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    71 pages, the x-forums outsold
    Now we're back to making full essays about kidnapping that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Nobody is arguing against the ability to do great things in the fiction. One. Dr Doom and some of other amazing humans are outliers they are pretty much superhuman themselves if not for the presence of mutates and mutants that is how they would be viewed. Two whole point of this thing they are people born with ability whereas Dr Doom or Reed had work all their life to do what they do. No doubt they are amazing but someone like Prodigy or Forge can walk in room and be better than them for the simple fact he was born a mutant. Dr Doom had to study his butt off to get where he is and Prodigy can match him in a day not because he has to work for it but because he has a xgene. But this off topic but the point is simple fiction has different rules and we have people who will see Superman and go "No, you shouldn't call anything superior" the point of the fiction is that he is superior isn't it?
    Just one thing to point out. Being a mutant doesn't pour knowledge into your system.... so are you saying that Prodigy can automatically know how to cast the right spell in the right situation? But I suppose in Prodigy's case he can absorb someone else's knowledge, very hand wavy comic book stuff. And if he gets that from a human who actually did the work, devised the theory etc. how is he "better" than that human who acquired the knowledge in the first place? If for example if he had to figure out how to avoid a catastrophic situation like an artificial black hole about to collapse, would he have to go find that person with the ability to come up with that solution first? Can he be instantly brilliant an artist as DaVinci? Does he come up with original theories of his own or does he "borrow" from a mere human? He's probably a poor example to use for your point. I doubt if any mutant can be as brilliant as a Stephen Hawking who had to deal with a severe physical impairments just because they have the x gene.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-24-2020 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    J I doubt if any mutant can be as brilliant as a Stephen Hawking who had to deal with a severe physical impairments just because they have the x gene.
    Only quote this part because it shows you are missing the point. FICTION. Mutant Nickname "Smarter than Stephen Hawking man" Mutant Powers: Smarter than Stephen Hawking. That is how fiction works

And no I didn't make a mistake with Prodigy if you have to ask how person who can acquire the knowledge Dr Doom, Reed, Iron Man and any genius on earth is better than original I don't know what to say. It doesn't matter where he gets it from, He can collect it all and has access to it all. Prodigy was walking around with all acquire knowledge of the Avengers and X-men and Marvel not knowing what to do with him sat him in limbo instead of putting him up front in books.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-24-2020 at 01:37 AM.