Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1372

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Only quote this part because it shows you are missing the point. FICTION. Mutant Nickname "Smarter than Stephen Hawking man" Mutant Powers: Smarter than Stephen Hawking. That is how fiction works

And no I didn't make a mistake with Prodigy if you have to ask how person who can acquire the knowledge Dr Doom, Reed, Iron Man and any genius on earth is better than original I don't know what to say.
    A repowered Prodigy would be scary powerful, especially if he has the telepaths help him keep some of the memories/skills he aquires. I imagine they'd have a protocol around him to deal with people like Stark or Richards.

Because in a comic Mutants are actually genetically "superior" to humans, In real life the only difference between anybody is skin color we are all the same. If freaking Nazis were flying and blowing up building with their minds I would say know what you got me on this genetic superiority thing but that is not case. In real life every "race" excels when give a fair chance. There is a difference between a fictional story with superhumans and real life where everybody is equal. Mutants are born with advantages that Humans can never make up. While in real life athletic and intelligence gaps between different groups can be made up to some degree with hard work.

It is crazy people are arguing against what fiction is design to be because real life it isn't that way. In real life Hitler was talking that master race stuff and Jesse Owens smoked them in sprinting, In Fiction Magneto and Quire are talking mad spicy but the difference is Magneto can till the earth off its axis and Quire can take over countries by himself. Mutants are designed to be better in the fiction. While in real life we shouldn't even be using the word "Race".
    Metaphor… Some people identify themselves to the mutants, espousing their cause… defending their actions… of these "superior people"… all the easier that they are the "heroes" of the stories.
    When do we see the point of view of humans, not the extremists, but the people who have suffered from the mutants' actions, who are terrified by them ? It is seldom the case.
    Isn't that a poison?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Metaphor… Some people identify themselves to the mutants, espousing their cause… defending their actions… of these "superior people"… all the easier that they are the "heroes" of the stories.
    When do we see the point of view of humans, not the extremists, but the people who have suffered from the mutants' actions, who are terrified by them ? It is seldom the case.
    Isn't that a poison?
    You want a comic book about a civilian who has had something bad happen to because of a mutant? How often do want them to show this? Does that sound like exciting reading to you? What exactly is the point here?

They are humans afraid mutants but not other superpower being doing the same exact thing as mutants? You do remember that Marvel has bunch of superpowered beings running around who aren't the subject of level of hate that mutants get. Oh nos there humans scared of the big bad mutants. Come on try again. You are trying to take the side of the humans in narrative which is fine but you trying to do it and make it seem legit that mutants should have a level a fear attached to them because of "legit things". Everything said about mutants is can be applied to other superhumans (except for being born with powers). Those Superhumans don't get treated like mutants

Anyways this off topic.Back on topic..

Clearly Sue is CBR poster because she reach at point that Cyclops was not even saying. Nowhere in what he said implies that he didn't care for the life Valeria. I like Sue Storm but writer is really using her push the drama in the book.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-24-2020 at 03:04 AM.

You want a comic book about a civilian who has had something bad happen to because of a mutant? How often do want them to show this? Does that sound like exciting reading to you? What exactly is the point here?

They are humans afraid mutants but not other superpower being doing the same exact thing as mutants? You do remember that Marvel has bunch of superpowered beings running around who aren't the subject of level of hate that mutants get. Oh nos there humans scared of the big bad mutants. Come on try again. You are trying to take the side of the humans in narrative which is fine but you trying to do it and make it seem legit that mutants should have a level a fear attached to them because of "legit things". Everything said about mutants is can be applied to other superhumans (except for being born with powers). Those Superhumans don't get treated like mutants

Anyways this off topic.Back on topic..

Clearly Sue is CBR poster because she reach at point that Cyclops was not even saying. Nowhere in what he said implies that he didn't care for the life Valeria. I like Sue Storm but writer is really using her push the drama in the book.
    Her children are missing. She’s acting like a mother whose children are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't know about that .... Doctor Doom does pretty well without being a mutant. Conquering reality and the multiverse and all that. Even without the armor he's got crazy strong Sorcerer Supreme mystical skills. He used a spell that hurled Blue Marvel through several walls. And then there's that naked lion wrestling stuff
    What's this now??

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    My jaw dropped there. He's fine though.

Nene was finally funny and nice this episode after years
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    He's fiiiine like I find Todd good looking and Cynthia's man is okay obviously but the show hadnt had this level of eye candy since Apollo went to jail. People criticize him for not being 100 for Kenya but I rhink what she really needs is someone to help her grow up bc I love her but she's too messy. Their daughter is sooo adorable like talk about superior genes.

Kenya got her vengeance on Nene for that one time she tried to be friendly and Nene ghosted her in season 5 or sthg.
    I love ya'll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    71 pages, the x-forums outsold
    Superior.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Her children are missing. She’s acting like a mother whose children are missing.
    I definitely get where she's coming from but imo, a more in-character Sue would be asking for their help in finding the kids. Especially with Xavier always walking around with Cerebro on his head.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

No quite,Her personality is being played up to near annoying levels to bring drama to story. Her actions are inline with most mothers, The thing is she is not most mothers, This is not the first time her family has been in danger or missing. She is one of the most professional heroes around. The writers shouldn't be resort to make the woman in the story wildly emotional to push drama into story and that is what feel like to me.

It is low hanging fruit to make her this emotional, Now I am not a ff expert but she is coming across more way agitated than I have read her before in similar situations but this is just my opinion tho .Every thing she does will simple be explained "as her kid are danger" even when the FF slap suits on their kids and put them in danger and even when her attitude does not quite match up to other situations when her kids were in danger.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-24-2020 at 05:39 AM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

She might be acting like a regular woman whose children are missing but she's not acting like a battle-tested member of the first superhero team who has faced all kinds of things.

Although, I do like that in the face of adversity, her true colors come out. This is like when She-Hulk slipped and called Mutant kids monsters. It's a good reminder of what Mutants face.

Y'all that Patty Spongebob made for Bubble Bass looked good as fuck!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    She might be acting like a regular woman whose children are missing but she's not acting like a battle-tested member of the first superhero team who has faced all kinds of things.

Although, I do like that in the face of adversity, her true colors come out. This is like when She-Hulk slipped and called Mutant kids monsters. It's a good reminder of what Mutants face.
    Is it Sunday bc I love all this preaching.

Why making a distinction between the two missing children? Sue is worried for both.

Cyclops should have said that they are not on Krakoa and they will help the FF to find them. Point.

His rhetoric is pointless. A distraught mother won't listen to a logic like: "Valeria and Franklin can't be on Krakoa because the presence of Valeria is forbidden on the island which is only for mutants." Cyclops sounds like a follower who can't help voicing his beliefs…

And showing the point of view of humans would be interesting because the actions of mutants are dubious. It would shake this die-hard certitude that the mutants are necessarily in the right.
    After all, the mutants had been the first ones to suffer from the actions of other 'evil' mutants and since they sing all 'Kumbaya' on Krakoa, critic is severely lacking…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Why would they have to help them? If the FF have been too busy the last 60 years to help mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Why would they have to help them? If the FF have been too busy the last 60 years to help mutants.
    each franchise on their own. As if X-men helped FF

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Do you not read posts either? Because the one I was replying too stated Cyclops should offer to help. Hence my observation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    and yet they always perk their heads to put their noses on the x=mens business, intereeeeesting.
    i HATE editorial excuses to ignore what we read, whats on the page, what even the x-men themselves have started to state themselves.
    It has been a constant for decades now, too many stories to pass on as "omg seperate franchises , except when their books sales are going down so the x-men need to be the villains or a team up"