Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1372

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Of course she's going to mess it up, that's what makes this run interesting hahaha but trying to get everyone on the same boat after failing singularly could work in their perspective.
    Wouldn't it just make them blaming each other even worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And again, Magneto is accepting that children might be murdered. But that's OK, because they can just be brought back after being eaten!

And none of you find that horrific? Not to mention that they just let him go and he immediately meets up with Dracula right outside the fucking gate?
    I'm personally against Omega Red. His powers are dangerous too (the death spore thing that always comes back). I'd say as soon as he kills a human - and he will - just throw him in the Pit with Sabretooth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The Avengers left Genosha alone, even under Magneto's rule.
    They left it so alone they couldnt be bothered to pick up a shovel to help bury millions of kids. We know. Not a good example of what we want to see reproduced.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    They left it so alone they couldnt be bothered to pick up a shovel to help bury millions of kids. We know. Not a good example of what we want to see reproduced.
    Grant Morrison was rather deliberately leaving any non-X-Men guys out of his run regardless of how that looked. The introduction of the U-Men basically pretends that the Power Broker and like six dozen other ways of getting powers don't exist.

BANNED

It was the writer's fault is really as old and tired an excuse as a Mama Joyce wig.

BANNED

But here's the thing, why are you all just assuming that Moira isn't...crazy AF? Her plan, as I have said before, is basically out of Evangelion and she's basing her experience on only a few lifetimes, several of which she basically made worse herself.
    Of course she's going to mess it up, that's what makes this run interesting hahaha but trying to get everyone on the same boat after failing singularly could work in their perspective.
    I agree with Veitha. If we look at all Miora's lifetimes she has showed us that every solution that can made ends with Mutants Losing. Charles Way doesn't work. Magneto's Way doesn't work, Apocalypse Way didn't work. Destroying the Sentinel Program before it's made didn't work. Kill the people who made the sentinels didn't work.

**** we are out of options. And Unity so far seems to be working. Having everyone on the same mindset and playing field they can FINALLY accomplish SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    It was the writer's fault is really as old and tired an excuse as a Mama Joyce wig.
    So I guess Cyclops saying "everything I did after M-Day was wrong" during Rosenburgs run should be taken at face value.

Extraordinary Member

But what I mean is from fans who seemed convinced that Krakoa is the best idea ever and that anyone who finds it as I do isn't enjoying it right.
    I'm personally against Omega Red. His powers are dangerous too (the death spore thing that always comes back). I'd say as soon as he kills a human - and he will - just throw him in the Pit with Sabretooth.
    But again, this is the issue: someone is going to get hurt, someone is going to die. And Magneto-and seemingly the rest of the Council-is fine with that so long as they get to be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I agree with Veitha. If we look at all Miora's lifetimes she has showed us that every solution that can made ends with Mutants Losing. Charles Way doesn't work. Magneto's Way doesn't work, Apocalypse Way didn't work. Destroying the Sentinel Program before it's made didn't work. Kill the people who made the sentinels didn't work.

**** we are out of options. And Unity so far seems to be working. Having everyone on the same mindset and playing field they can FINALLY accomplish SOMETHING.
    But I question just what her goal is and if it's really worth it.

Everything dies, that is a fact. And in many of those scenarios, humans don't exactly fair too well either.

BANNED

So I guess Cyclops saying "everything I did after M-Day was wrong" during Rosenburgs run should be taken at face value.
    If we are going to debate about in universe mechanics yes, it happened. Its not like current Cyclops is anything close to his revolutionnary self.

Either you relate back everything to this writer or editor did this and that or we discuss what happened in universe but if we do that you cant pull the oh but the writer card. It fosters no discussion at all.

But here's the thing, why are you all just assuming that Moira isn't...crazy AF? Her plan, as I have said before, is basically out of Evangelion and she's basing her experience on only a few lifetimes, several of which she basically made worse herself.
    I'm here for the ride and so far we haven't seen her crazy AF. I'm the type to go with what we have instead of jumping ahead. Will everything get all screwed up? Possibly. As long as it's written well, I'm all in.

Back to the human/mutant stuff, I'm actually hoping some of these things get addressed in the upcoming Children of the Atom book.

Teenagers, most if not all representing minority groups and possibly human, that idolize the X-Men and try to emulate them as heroes. We have the Avengers appearing in issue #2 so maybe the writer will be addressing some of the subjects we're discussing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

I don't get why people are so mad about that book. It seems like a logical thing to have happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm here for the ride and so far we haven't seen her crazy AF. I'm the type to go with what we have instead of jumping ahead. Will everything get all screwed up? Possibly. As long as it's written well, I'm all in.

Back to the human/mutant stuff, I'm actually hoping some of these things get addressed in the upcoming Children of the Atom book.

Teenagers, most if not all representing minority groups and possibly human, that idolize the X-Men and try to emulate them as heroes. We have the Avengers appearing in issue #2 so maybe the writer will be addressing some of the subjects we're discussing.
    If they turn out to be human, then that'll make Cyclops' "we don't take in human runaways" stand out all the more.

I don't get why people are so mad about that book. It seems like a logical thing to have happen.
    They've been revealing very little details about it at a time. I think the initial idea of teenage heroes feels old to a lot of people but the more they reveal, the more intriguing it becomes.

If they turn out to be human, then that'll make Cyclops' "we don't take in human runaways" stand out all the more.
    That line may very well be connected to this.

Extraordinary Member

But are they runaways? Or just kids who have decided to emulate mutants with technology instead of eating their flesh.

But are they runaways? Or just kids who have decided to emulate mutants with technology instead of eating their flesh.
    It hasn't been stated at all at this point but if there's something within them feeling like outcasts, so much so that they relate to the mutants, maybe it will lead that way.