Default Habitat by Simon Roy

I had bought the graphic novel along with a bunch of other books and because of this books over-sized print and how they were shipped, I got mine damaged, returned it and never had it replaced. That was like two years ago? Maybe. I saw it on sale on ComiXology for $4. Bought it. Started it the day after I got it and finished it in one sitting.
    Simon Roy creates such an interesting world, where he leaves out details and let’s you kind of fill in the blanks, let’s you imagine a lot of what led to this current world, this habitat the people of this book live in. He takes you on a simple journey with world shattering consequences. It feels like an old world, ancient, like when we lived alongside pyramids and giant places of worship, but also full of tech that’s not around now a days. The world has gone to **** for some time and now something has happened that changes things up. If you were a fan of Prophet, for its rich sci-fi or it’s art, or whatever, this may be just what you need. After finishing, I went back and found the graphic novel on sale through Amazon, bought it. Looking forward to holding this gorgeous book in my hands.

Agreed, this was a very imaginative short series. Highly recommended to the Prophet crowd indeed. I also feel like it might appeal to people who are into mythic fantasy/sci-fi, think of things like Final Fantasy. Speaking of video games, the world in it feels reminiscent of Halo on the Xbox with the circular design. Feels like an outpost of a long dying galactic empire, rather than the centerpiece of a bigger story.

I've yet to start Roy's newest book called Protector, I think issue 2 of that dropped this month.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

I was searching for all things Simon Roy after reading Habitat, and I pre-ordered the trade as soon as I saw it on Amazon.