Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thoughts:

- With how absurdly many tie-ins War of the Realms had, I'd thought Marvel would take it easy here with Empyre, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

- I wonder how many Conan fans are down for all these Marvel Universe team-ups.

- Scarlet Witch in an Avengers book again! And Shanna .

- "a villain who could ruin Peter and Mary Jane’s relationship forever." A Skrull posing as Peter?

- How many UK Superhero teams has Marvel come up with? It's almost as bad as how many teen hero teams. Although how a UK Superhero team could not have Captain Britain on it boggles the mind...

- I wonder how soon before FF starts to tie-in to Outlawed with Franklin and Valeria, assuming it does at all.

- Carol going full Kree?

- Black Widow in retirement? I wonder how that happens? Although it sounds like there's some manipulation involved...

- I kinda wouldn't mind Taskmaster killing off nuCoulson.

- So the Champions have a mole and Riri is really unenthusiastic on those covers...either she sells the team out, or she's done, though given Eve Ewing wrote Riri's solo, I'm betting she'll be getting a major arc.

- Ms. Marvel and Dum Dum Dugan? That should be a fun pairing .

- Sounds like Power Pack get arrested at the end of the first issue and have to find an adult mentor quick to avoid doing hard time for being young heroes. Although if having a mentor was as easy a way of getting past the law, most of the active teen heroes wouldn't have a problem.

- Hyped for Kurt Busiek writing Marvel characters .

- So Tony is back! Maybe? No longer an AI? I dunno. New armor looks digital.

- Those solicits and the Leader make me wonder if Immortal Hulk might be gearing for it's endgame.

- I hope Peggy doesn't do something bad to Sharon...

- Bullseye trying to mess with Clint again? Guess Daredevil's too busy.

- So who's up for the new Hydra Supreme? Viper? That lady Kobik created?

- I wonder what sends the Runaways back to school...

- I'll be curious to see how this issue of two Moondragons resolves itself.

- It would be kind of something if the Ant-Man mini ends with Scott and Cassie triumphant only for Cassie to get arrested for being an illegal teen hero after the Kamala bill is enacted...

- Star joins the Black Order? Or ends up their leader? Just cement her as a villain already.

- Nice to see DD in red.

- I'm starting to feel like Kelly Thompson is using her Deadpool run as a stealth Elsa Bloodstone solo.

- Loki and Jane Foster? I don't see that ending well.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It's nice to know in advance, I guess, that my summer reading won't include a single comic book title.

Astonishing Member

The Amazing Spider-Man #45-46.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- I wonder how many Conan fans are down for all these Marvel Universe team-ups.

- Scarlet Witch in an Avengers book again! And Shanna .

- "a villain who could ruin Peter and Mary Jane’s relationship forever." A Skrull posing as Peter?

- How many UK Superhero teams has Marvel come up with? It's almost as bad as how many teen hero teams. Although how a UK Superhero team could not have Captain Britain on it boggles the mind...

- I wonder how soon before FF starts to tie-in to Outlawed with Franklin and Valeria, assuming it does at all.

- Carol going full Kree?

- Black Widow in retirement? I wonder how that happens? Although it sounds like there's some manipulation involved...

- I kinda wouldn't mind Taskmaster killing off nuCoulson.

- So the Champions have a mole and Riri is really unenthusiastic on those covers...either she sells the team out, or she's done, though given Eve Ewing wrote Riri's solo, I'm betting she'll be getting a major arc.

- Ms. Marvel and Dum Dum Dugan? That should be a fun pairing .

- Sounds like Power Pack get arrested at the end of the first issue and have to find an adult mentor quick to avoid doing hard time for being young heroes. Although if having a mentor was as easy a way of getting past the law, most of the active teen heroes wouldn't have a problem.

- Hyped for Kurt Busiek writing Marvel characters .

- So Tony is back! Maybe? No longer an AI? I dunno. New armor looks digital.

- Those solicits and the Leader make me wonder if Immortal Hulk might be gearing for it's endgame.

- I hope Peggy doesn't do something bad to Sharon...

- Bullseye trying to mess with Clint again? Guess Daredevil's too busy.

- So who's up for the new Hydra Supreme? Viper? That lady Kobik created?

- I wonder what sends the Runaways back to school...

- I'll be curious to see how this issue of two Moondragons resolves itself.

- It would be kind of something if the Ant-Man mini ends with Scott and Cassie triumphant only for Cassie to get arrested for being an illegal teen hero after the Kamala bill is enacted...

- Star joins the Black Order? Or ends up their leader? Just cement her as a villain already.

- Nice to see DD in red.

- I'm starting to feel like Kelly Thompson is using her Deadpool run as a stealth Elsa Bloodstone solo.

- Loki and Jane Foster? I don't see that ending well.
    Yeah, that mirror view is a dead giveaway.

As for the Conan team ups, the trio of Conan, Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom was pure gold

Mine:

Empyre 3
    Empyre Avengers 2- Scarlet Witch!
    Captain Marvel 18, 19
    Black Widow 2
    Strange Academy 3
    The Marvels 1
    Thor 6
    Savage Avengers 13
    Avengers 34
    Nebula 4
    Star 5
    Valkyrie 11
    Darth Vader 4

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Daredevil Annual #1
    Daredevil #21
    Excalibur #11
    GSXM: Fantomex
    Marauders #11
    New Mutants #11
    Strange Academy #03
    X-Force #11
    X-Men #11
    Empyre: X-Men #s 1 + 2
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If it weren't for Marvel's endless stream of useless events, what would comic shops stock their quarter bins with??
    Batman #50😂

Astonishing Member

Fantastic Four #22
    Juggernaut #1 (Of 5)
    X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills Extended Cut #2 (Of 2)
    The Marvels #1
    Marvel #3 (of 6)
    Spider-Man: Marvels Snapshot #1
    Ravencroft #5 (Of 5)
    Black Cat #12
    Ghost Rider #8
    Immortal Hulk #35,36.
    Dr. Strange #6
    Last edited by comicscollector; 02-21-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Not much:
    X-MEN: GOD LOVES, MAN KILLS EXTENDED CUT #2 (OF 2)
    Has there been any talk about what the new stuff is?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

X-Men #11
    Marauders #11
    Excalibur #11
    X-Force #11
    New Mutants #11
    Wolverine #4
    Cable #3
    X-Factor #2
    Hellions #3
    Children of the Atom #2
    Juggernaut #1
    Giant Size X-Men: Phantomex #1
    Empyre X-Men #1&2
    Daredevil Annual #1
    Daredevil #21
    Venom #26
    Empyre: Ghost Rider #1
    Ghost Rider #8
    Ravencroft #5
    Empyre: Captain America #1
    Empyre: Spider-Man #2
    Fantastic Four #22
    Empyre #3
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Calling the comic 'Union' seems like a bit of a misjudgement from Marvel.

It hasn't gone down particularly well in Scotland thats for sure!!

I don't read any marvel currently but I'd love to read a Scottish Superhero! I just hope its not what I imagine - team England with the token Celts as backups.

Probably the first time Wales has ever looked edgy! Also of course the English hero would need to lead as usual...ugh! Ill give it a chance though! hopefully my worries are unfounded!
    Last edited by Katana500; 02-21-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Union Jack is the English rep. Team leader Britannia represents the entire United Kingdom (Marvel messed up saying she represents Great Britain, since that doesn't include Northern Ireland).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It may be Empyre branded, but I wonder if they're tying in to both events at the same time? That would explain why Frank and Val have called in The New Fantastic Four. They can't actually be on the team themselves, but they can assemble it.

Captain Britain is in Excalibur.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Union Jack is the English rep. Team leader Britannia represents the entire United Kingdom (Marvel messed up saying she represents Great Britain, since that doesn't include Northern Ireland).
    ah right I guess that is slightly better! Though i am pretty much positive Britannia will be written like an english stereotype like most personifications of the UK tend to end up.

the whole thing is slightly strange, looks a bit like bad government propaganda.

I wonder if Kelpie will bail and go for a solo career! I do quite like her design!

Mighty Member

Marvel flirting so aggressively with a $5 cover price is going to make me think about cutting back soon.

Not seeing anything that is going to make me expand beyond what I normally pick-up.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/