Mighty Member

Default What are your top 3 DC runs at the moment

currently speaking

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    currently speaking
    Well very hard to say because I am not reading all the current titles, but good ones are:

• The Green Lantern by Grant Morrison
    • All-new Aquaman by Kelly Sue DeConnick
    • Justice League Dark by James Tynion IV
    • Wonder Twins by Mark Russell
    • The Terrifics by Jeff Lemir
    • Red Hood & the Outlaws by Scott Lobdell
    • Shazam! by Geoff Johns

my list changes but most consistently it's been:

• Batman and the Outsiders by Bryan Hill - I love all the characters involved, a lot of whom don't get the opportunity to shine due to DC's inability to properly balance and utilize their characters, and I love the action movie feel of it. Bryan Hill, Dexter Soy, and Veronica Gandini are a dream team.
    • Aquaman by Kelly Sue Deconnick - Kelly Sue Deconnick is knocking it out the part, she imbues a softer but sharp, and more nuanced element of emotion to this book that always feel very refreshing. I love the the more laid back Aquaman, how she makes The Call feel more mythical and how she handles the supporting cast; by the end, this could be my favorite Aquaman run ever
    • Red Hood/Outlaws by Scott Lobdell - I have loved Red Hood for a while and Lobdell continues to mature and develope Jason Todd into a hero that isn't just another bat person. he feels dynamic and full, like he has created his own place in the wider DC landscape. I think (for me) Jason has developed more independent of the Bat than Dick Grayson ever has.

honorable mention: Gene Luen Yang's Terrifics, Dan Abnett's Justice League Odyssey (pity they had to shelf Cyborg and Starfire), Tynion's Batman Run, Adam Glass' Teen Titans, *potentially* Tom Taylor's Suicide Squad
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-20-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham(respect thread)

Martin to Malcolm: militant Professor X is kinda the wave right now

DC: Batman & The Outsiders, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Far Sector, Red Hood: Outlaws

Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-Men (2019), Venom, X-Force, Hellions, Giant Sized X-Men

Anticipated titles: John Ridley IV's Batman w/Luke Fox, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*, X of Swords

Spectacular Member

Far Sector
    Lois Lane
    Basketful of Heads

They’re the only DC comics I’m reading.

Does 'currently speaking' mean current comics still being printed or your current thoughts as to all-time best runs?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Nothing, currently.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Star Wars,Shazam, & TMNT!

Morrison’s GL, Tomasi’s Detective, and Tynion’s JL Dark.

Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Pretty much just Morrison's GL. Maybe Johns on Shazam as well but the damn thing is way too decompressed I kind of lost excitement for it.

Haven't been keeping up with Lois Lane or Jimmy Olsen after the first couple issues, but will probably get the trades for each.

Mighty Member

The Dreaming, Lucifer, JLD.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Fraction/Lieber on Jimmy Olsen
    Morrison/Sharp on The Green Lantern
    DeConnick/Rocha on Aquaman

Castellucci's Batgirl has to get an honorable mention. It's shaping up to be something interesting and unique.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-21-2020 at 08:50 AM.