Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Default Amazing Spider-Man #40 (Preview)

Since Snoop Dogg is indisposed right now . . .

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/exc...hance-podcast/

Behold!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

how much of a treat is Chance? never heard of him before didnt know he was apart of Spidey's list of villians
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    how much of a treat is Chance? never heard of him before didnt know he was apart of Spidey's list of villians
    He's from way back in the 1980s. Recently read his first appearance in the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection "Venom," which collected ASM 298-310. He's a gambling mercenary who bets his pay against whether or not he can complete the job he's been hired to do. He completes it, he gets the money. He doesn't, no money for him. It's really the challenge of it he loves.

Yeah, I think that's the main thing he's well known for-sharing an issue with the first appearance of Venom (Or at least his Eddie Brock half). Other than that he was partially involved in the death of Nathan, May's 1980's boyfriend.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Man this issue was soo good, love the fighting and man Spidey and Jonah relation continues to have great moments. and that there are 2 twists regarding 2 of Peter Supporting cast(one of Nick's new ones, and Norah whom I admit Nick is taking her to interesting places and showing her more of a flawed character, a far cry from the one i hated when the braintrusts days)

BANNED

This issue brings a lot of stuff together. It's one of Spencer's best written and his most fleet.

Jonah and Spidey are great.

I am a little concerned with Norah, but I hope Spencer eventually has her landing on her feet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He's from way back in the 1980s. Recently read his first appearance in the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection "Venom," which collected ASM 298-310. He's a gambling mercenary who bets his pay against whether or not he can complete the job he's been hired to do. He completes it, he gets the money. He doesn't, no money for him. It's really the challenge of it he loves.
    Chance's first appearance was in a mid-eighties issue of Web of Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Chance's first appearance was in a mid-eighties issue of Web of Spider-Man
    I stand corrected, then. Thanks. (Sincerely intended.)

Spencer's run is nice stories in a vacuum that together as an ongoing have no momentum as we slowly slog to the details we want about the book's most interesting character as we continue to be baited with teases that may finally pay off after 2 years and nearly $200 of our dollars.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate