Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Joe Kelly yes, Chris Bachalo...no. I am not into his art...but I will give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...top-spider-man

Interesting, but I wonder why the "Non-Stop" title? Why not revive "Sensational" or "Spectacular" or use another adjective? (astounding, miraculous, breathtaking, etc.)

Prepare for Non-Stop Thrills with 'Non-Stop Spider-Man'
    Joe Kelly and Chris Bachalo unite for the new ongoing series this June!
    BY MARVEL
    Just announced at ComicsPRO in Portland, Oregon, everyone’s favorite Web-Head will be starring in a new ongoing series this June from two of the comic book industry’s greatest creators! Writer Joe Kelly and artist Chris Bachalo are teaming up to give readers the most web-slinging action that can possibly be contained in a comic book with NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN!

[Editor] Nick Lowe has a super-power. He picks up the phone, calls me, and says the exact combination of words that make me want to drop everything and dive head first into the Marvel Universe. Last time it was Spider-Man, Deadpool, Ed McGuinness. No brainer, YES,” recounts Kelly. “This time it was Spider-Man, Non-Stop, Chris Bachalo. Again, YES...but 'Non-stop?'”

NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN will combine the pulse-pounding action Spidey is known for with even MORE pulse-pounding action! Prepare for the comic book ride of your life featuring Spidey’s best villains and his most amazing feats!

ADVERTISING

“NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN is, for me, the best of what Marvel comics can be: relentless action, epic storytelling, mind-melting art, and relevant themes, all grounded by the heart and soul of one of my all-time favorite characters, Spider-Man,” Kelly continues. “Chris and I want to redline your adrenaline and shatter your hearts, giggling the whole time. Please sign your waivers and gather your safety gear of choice before issue #1 comes out. I truly can't wait for this. Buckle up, Tigers.”

Jumpstart your summer like never before by picking up NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN #1 when it swings into your local comic shop this June!

THE HYPE BOX

Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!

GAMES

Pre-order 'Marvel's Avengers' Now

MOVIES
    I'm guessing they're going with a new title because the other titles haven't sold very well, and carry the baggage of a perceived secondary book. The one exception is (Adjectiveless) Spider-Man, which is used for the Abrams/ Pichelli mini series.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm guessing they're going with a new title because the other titles haven't sold very well, and carry the baggage of a perceived secondary book. The one exception is (Adjectiveless) Spider-Man, which is used for the Abrams/ Pichelli mini series.
    Now that I think about it, wouldn't it have been Sensational's turn?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, wouldn't it have been Sensational's turn?
    It should be Web of Spider-Man's turn ideally, that's never got a volume 2 (to my recollection).

Sensational Spider-Man Volume 1 was a Ben Reilly spin-off by Jurgens.
    Volume 2 is basically Marvel Knights Spider-Man retitled with its numbering continuing under Hudlin, and Sacassia.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It should be Web of Spider-Man's turn ideally, that's never got a volume 2 (to my recollection).

Volume 2 is basically Marvel Knights Spider-Man retitled with its numbering continuing under Hudlin, and Sacassia.
    I know, but I think they would probably save Web for something that wasn't squarely focused on Spider-Man like this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Web Of Spider-Man did get a Volume 2, it was a 12 issue run during the end of the Brand New Day era that was mainly an anthology piece jumping around to different characters. That one had stuff like the only other appearance of Paper Doll, the story where MJ and Black Cat teamed up, and gave Jackpot more to do.

This is a type of book I wish they would try again, it's a nice way of giving some of the more under-represented secondary characters or other Spiders a chance for their own little stories, though I have a feeling it probably wouldn't end up selling all too well, especially after seeing how Spectacular and Friendly Neighborhood already did just okay, so I can understand why they'd be hesitant to do it.

Is Spider-Man truly "Non-Stop?" Does he need to monologue internally or externally to keep his irradiated webshooter working?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

will new villains be created for this series? Hopefully. And hopefully folks who are 'really' bad and not next year's "anti-heroes"...

Amazing Member

"Non-Stop" feels like a title more suitable for a character like Juggernaut.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Sounded great until I saw Bachalo's name attached. Can't stand anything he touches. Hopefully it's one of their short "ongoing" series.
    I have to agree. Bachalo’s artwork / layouts always look unfinished with huge blank areas and points of view from the worst most awkward angles. And what’s with all the debris always floating around as if all of the characters depicted are crumbling?? Hopefully he’ll only do the first issue or two.
    Last edited by WinterSoldier76; 02-24-2020 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Typo

BANNED

As someone who was around when both PP:SSM and Web of first appeared, I have a nostalgic affection for satellite titles so I'm always happy when a new one rears its head.

In this case, it's especially neat to have an all-new title, not a continuation or revival of a previous satellite.

Kelly on writing makes me automatically confident while Bachalo on art, however, deflates my excitement just a little.

Sometimes I love his art, sometimes it doesn't grab me. But as it's a certainty that Bachalo will end up trading off with fill-in artists or depart altogether after an arc or two, his involvement is no deterrent.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a fun ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...Kelly is an okay Spidey writer, but I don't really like Bachalo on Spider-Man and I think the name is kind of dumb .
    I agree with all of that and came here to stay the EXACT same things.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    I have to agree. Bachalo’s artwork / layouts always look unfinished with huge blank areas and points of view from the worst most awkward angles. And what’s with all the debris always floating around as if all of the characters depicted are crumbling?? Hopefully he’ll only do the first issue or two.
    LOL, seriously. I have always wondered that myself and always found that one of the most annoying apsects of his art. It's probably a big part of the reason why he's so slow and takes so long to finish pages as well. No way he stays on the title for more than 2 or 3 issues, and I will be glad when he leaves too. I can handle Joe Kelly doing Spider-Man, but can't really stomach Bachalo on ANYTHING, much less Spidey.

Honestly I’m all in for an action based title. Hopefully they don’t drop the ball. I get that comics have evolved and so on but damn I do miss those beautiful panels of Spider-Man doing these amazing feats against multiple villains at once. Sometimes it feels good to just see some epic ass action.....

Fan of the writer and feel he works well with Spider-Man.

Not too crazy about the artist though so I’m hoping I’m wrong on that.

Spectacular Member

I would have rather gotten a new spidey book written by Roger Stern or JM Dematties with art by Mark Bagley or Ron Frenz. That would get me back into Spider Man