Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CONFIRMED: "Non-Stop Spider-Man" from Joe Kelly and Chris Bachalo in June

Looks like I was right when I posted about Bleeding Cool's article for a new ongoing Spidey series!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...g-series-june/

Well this is certainly exciting! I'm definitely down for the creative team. Joe Kelly and Chris Bachalo wrote my favorite BND story, "Family Ties", and Kelly's Spider-Man/Deadpool series was awesome.

This is different than FNSM which launched last year, and definitely more than PPSSM. Hopefully, Marvel found their niche?

BANNED

Double hyphen Spider-Man. Cool title. New too.

Kelly's Spider-Man/Deadpool was funny, I hope this new title will be funny too.

Spectacular Member

what makes it non-stop spidey? Does that mean no Peter? are other comics sometimes stop? Im baffled

Me too, what an odd adjective to use.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I know, right?! The state of confusion reigns supreme in this thread.

Hmm...Kelly is an okay Spidey writer, but I don't really like Bachalo on Spider-Man and I think the name is kind of dumb .

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsguru View Post
    what makes it non-stop spidey? Does that mean no Peter? are other comics sometimes stop? Im baffled
    The solicits just said it was very action oriented. I don't think it means there is no Peter. I just think it's going to be more action focused as opposed to Amazing which is more character focused.

Y'all hating! XD I'm all in on this series!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    The solicits just said it was very action oriented. I don't think it means there is no Peter. I just think it's going to be more action focused as opposed to Amazing which is more character focused.
    At least it would be different from how they've differentiated from past satellite titles where the distinction was (nominally) they were about a more fun, down-to-Earth, Spidey outside the confines of the main book.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Kelly has been one of, if not the best, Spider-Man writer consistently since BND IMO so I'm definitely excited for him. Not sold on Bachalo, however. Can't we get Kelly/McGuiness back together like from Spider-Man/Deadpool again?
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Sounded great until I saw Bachalo's name attached. Can't stand anything he touches. Hopefully it's one of their short "ongoing" series.

Astonishing Member

Joe Kelly stories of Spider-Man in Amazing Spider-Man were and i am a fan of Chris Bachalo art.
    So i wil get at least the first issue.

Incredible Member

So resurrecting the “Avenging” title under a modified adjective. Should get the standard 12-24 issues to spin its story.

Default Non-Stop Spider-Man

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...top-spider-man

Interesting, but I wonder why the "Non-Stop" title? Why not revive "Sensational" or "Spectacular" or use another adjective? (astounding, miraculous, breathtaking, etc.)

Prepare for Non-Stop Thrills with 'Non-Stop Spider-Man'
    Joe Kelly and Chris Bachalo unite for the new ongoing series this June!
    BY MARVEL
    Just announced at ComicsPRO in Portland, Oregon, everyone’s favorite Web-Head will be starring in a new ongoing series this June from two of the comic book industry’s greatest creators! Writer Joe Kelly and artist Chris Bachalo are teaming up to give readers the most web-slinging action that can possibly be contained in a comic book with NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN!

[Editor] Nick Lowe has a super-power. He picks up the phone, calls me, and says the exact combination of words that make me want to drop everything and dive head first into the Marvel Universe. Last time it was Spider-Man, Deadpool, Ed McGuinness. No brainer, YES,” recounts Kelly. “This time it was Spider-Man, Non-Stop, Chris Bachalo. Again, YES...but 'Non-stop?'”

NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN will combine the pulse-pounding action Spidey is known for with even MORE pulse-pounding action! Prepare for the comic book ride of your life featuring Spidey’s best villains and his most amazing feats!

ADVERTISING

“NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN is, for me, the best of what Marvel comics can be: relentless action, epic storytelling, mind-melting art, and relevant themes, all grounded by the heart and soul of one of my all-time favorite characters, Spider-Man,” Kelly continues. “Chris and I want to redline your adrenaline and shatter your hearts, giggling the whole time. Please sign your waivers and gather your safety gear of choice before issue #1 comes out. I truly can't wait for this. Buckle up, Tigers.”

Jumpstart your summer like never before by picking up NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN #1 when it swings into your local comic shop this June!

THE HYPE BOX

Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!

GAMES

Pre-order 'Marvel's Avengers' Now

MOVIES