Default Leviathan Dawn #1 Preview - Steve Trevor

Alright I'm hooked, I'll have to see what happens next.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Is it weird that I ADORE when Maleev draws "earth-bound" superheroes like Spider-Woman and Daredevil, and yet his depictions of more fantastical characters like Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman leave me absolutely cold? There is something about the sleekly realistic features he draws in superheroes that I find perfect for Jessica Drew et al. yet meh for Diana...

Incredible Member

If Steve Trevor dies in a company-wide crossover, after so much effort to make him again relevant (much of which I liked, although growing up, I was never a fan of the character). I will just scream. And break a pot. And say cranky things on social media.

It’s a good start. Hopefully it’ll turn into something great for Steve. He needs to regain prominence and be as important as Lois and Selina. It’d be awesome if he rebuilds ARGUS or something new from this.

Others disagree with me, but ARGUS could have been a great addition, not only for Steve, but as a supporting organization in the Wonder mythos. It set up so much in the DCnU that and we didn’t that much payoff for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It’s a good start. Hopefully it’ll turn into something great for Steve. He needs to regain prominence and be as important as Lois and Selina. It’d be awesome if he rebuilds ARGUS or something new from this.

Others disagree with me, but ARGUS could have been a great addition, not only for Steve, but as a supporting organization in the Wonder mythos. It set up so much in the DCnU that and we didn’t that much payoff for it.
    I agree, the Department of Metahuman Affairs should have lasted longer too. It's hard for me to see them going to this much trouble to break Steve down not to build him up by the time this is all over, but they've wasted opportunities before.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's been a while since I read the event, so the reason steve trevor hasn't been in the WW comics is because of this storyline? huh..

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I agree, the Department of Metahuman Affairs should have lasted longer too. It's hard for me to see them going to this much trouble to break Steve down not to build him up by the time this is all over, but they've wasted opportunities before.
    Yeah, DoMA, could have been interesting too, but it was squandered.

Considering the Black and Red Rooms and the Circus alone, ARGUS could have fed Wonder Woman for years with stories. We need a publisher, editor-in-chief, editor, writer, and artist all on the same page about going bigger and more expansive with Diana, her “city,” DCU organizations tied to her specifically, etc... Nothing I haven’t said or professed before.

Bendis does great with grounded (literally and figuratively) characters, so here’s hoping he can ground Steve and build him up in his own right. He needs some direction and intrigue that’s not solely based on his relationship with Diana.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 02-27-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Is it weird that I ADORE when Maleev draws "earth-bound" superheroes like Spider-Woman and Daredevil, and yet his depictions of more fantastical characters like Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman leave me absolutely cold? There is something about the sleekly realistic features he draws in superheroes that I find perfect for Jessica Drew et al. yet meh for Diana...
    Not the words I would use. Looks more blocky and sketched then "sleekly realistic" to me.