Post New Earth: Does the amazons naturally have longevity or granted by themyscira?

Some people ask if they are granted by themyscira or because of clay origin?

Astonishing Member

Amazons have longevity inherently. Originally due to their advanced technology and purple rays eliminating things like aging and disease, but then it just kind of became natural to them when writers ignored or excised the purple rays.

What do you mean by inherently? By themyscira or clay origin

Quote Originally Posted by ExoPink View Post
    Some people ask if they are granted by themyscira or because of clay origin?
    New Earth as in Perez Post Crisis Wonder Woman? Because its the will of the Gods IIRC. Themyscira was merely a retreat & exile because they (IMO rightfully) murdered Hercules's rapist army... instead of being more forgiving... I fear this run would have it really hard to get any positive success these days :P.

Also IIRC only Diana was made of clay. The others where willed into life by the gods from spirits of woman slain by men; dropped like rain in the ocean from which the amazons emerged.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 02-22-2020 at 02:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExoPink View Post
    What do you mean by inherently? By themyscira or clay origin
    I mean there used to be a reason -- the purple rays -- but they got rid of that canon without getting rid of their agelessness. So now they just inherently have it. Even those they adopt

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    The others where willed into life by the gods from spirits of woman slain by men; dropped like rain in the ocean from which the amazons emerged.
    I thought maybe that was why they lived so long (unless slain in battle) - they were already the souls of the dead, reincarnated by the gods.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I thought maybe that was why they lived so long (unless slain in battle) - they were already the souls of the dead, reincarnated by the gods.
    No, the Amazons split, Hypolitta's group went to Themyscira and became immortal, while Antiope's group went after Hercules and became the Amazons known in the myth, following Ares rather than Gaia, and not immortal, but they do have descendants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I mean there used to be a reason -- the purple rays -- but they got rid of that canon without getting rid of their agelessness. So now they just inherently have it. Even those they adopt
    What? Inherit from the island or ability, because they are created by the gods?