Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Fictional characters smart enough to match Mr fantastic

Who can match Reed in scientific fields? Mainly outside the Marvel universe.

Washu Hakubi (Tenchi Muyo!)
    Brainiac Five (DC)

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Rick Sanchez is somewhere in there as well.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Pre Crisis Lex Luthor was pretty ridiculous. Dont know if he was smarter or not though. Ridiculous nonetheless.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Pre Crisis Lex Luthor was pretty ridiculous. Dont know if he was smarter or not though. Ridiculous nonetheless.
    Physics was certainly softer back in the day.

Pre-Crisis Lex made a time machine out of a punch of juice cans, a torch and a copper spring.

Now, is that intelligence or just like... what comics were like? As in science was dumber.

Also, The Doctor is obviously very much in Reed's weightclass in terms of ridiculous sci-fi knowledge.

Maybe Mr. Peabody (I haven't seen the movie or new series, mind you).

If we're talking science, Dexter or Mandark could be contenders.

Data or Spock might fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Data or Spock might fit.
    If we're talking TOS and TNG, the stand-out characters are Flint and the Cytherian-enhanced version of Lieutenant Broccoli.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm really having problems seeing Spock or Data equaling Richards. Everything they do is based on their Century's tech and knowledge. Reed? The stuff he does is beyond their best, and he did it all with tech originally based in 20th century technology.

For myself, I'm going with The Prince Who Was A Thousand (Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness). Dude works out how to break the time barrier, creates a technology that draws upon the 'Universal Field' and stabilizes life and death in the entire universe, is the guy who developed the technology other luminaries use to bring people back to life, to control the souls of the dead, etc. He also has created technology that restrains spoilers:
    God
    end of spoilers, and has made tech that has partly brought back a soul that was erased from existence.

I'd say he's pretty up there.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Brian Finch.

Mr. Peabody from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show. Invented a time machine, has encyclopedic knowledge of history, and has mastered every human language and musical instrument. Mr. Peabody graduated from Harvard University at age 3, with honors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Mr. Peabody from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show. Invented a time machine, has encyclopedic knowledge of history, and has mastered every human language and musical instrument. Mr. Peabody graduated from Harvard University at age 3, with honors.
    Excellent resume!

But not so much the last part.

The first three (3) dog years equals twenty-eight (28) human years.

But I agree Mister Peabody deserves a place on the list.

So smart he doesn't even bother to tap into the toonforce!

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Pre-Crisis Superman too.

Built a robot planet in outer space

Built a machine that can cure every disease in the world (including the incurable joker venom)

Another machine that gives him power if the sun blacks out

And all kinds of other crap.
    Last edited by LifeIsILL; 02-28-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Incredible Member

Ford Pines from Gravity Falls deserves a mention. He invented an interdimensional portal using what must have been 1970s level technology, a carpet that can make people switch bodies, a mind control tie, light bulbs that last a thousand years(And make your skin softer), a thought reading machine, a device which can contain tears in reality, and who knows what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Ford Pines from Gravity Falls deserves a mention. He invented an interdimensional portal using what must have been 1970s level technology, a carpet that can make people switch bodies, a mind control tie, light bulbs that last a thousand years(And make your skin softer), a thought reading machine, a device which can contain tears in reality, and who knows what else?
    Good pick, i was going to list him, and Rick Sanchez of course.

If Jimmy Neutron, Dexter, Phineas & Ferb, and Mary & Susan Test aren't there yet, they will be when they grows up.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Senbei "Dr. Slump" Norimaki is basically a perverted toonforce version of Reed Richards, doing things like creating a robot that has PC Superman-esque strength/durability, a mat/clock combo that lets people slip through time, a machine that makes any picture fed into it become real (resulting in a universe being created in his house), etc...
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-01-2020 at 10:21 PM.