Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,622

    Default Patsy Walker, Hellcat Appreciation (2020)

    An appreciation thread for Patsy Walker, who first appeared in Miss America Magazine #2 (November, 1944). She went on to appear in Patsy and Hedy, Patsy and her Pals, The Avengers, The Defenders, and various solo series, the most notable of which was Patsy Walker, which lasted for 124 issues from 1945-1965.

    1945:



    1953:



    1954:

    Last edited by Electricmastro; 02-21-2020 at 05:34 PM.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    1967:



    1976:



    1977:


  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    2000:



    2008:



    2016:

    Last edited by Electricmastro; 02-20-2020 at 09:55 PM.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,398

    Default

    My Top 3 favorite Hellcat artists:

    1. George Perez


    2. Carlos Pacheco


    3. J. Scott Campbell

  5. #5

    Default

    I'm surprised that Marvel hasn't tried to revive the character in her young-kids-culture form. separate it from all continuities. just have teen shenanigans. Take a cue from the Archie comics and kids-centered manga.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm surprised that Marvel hasn't tried to revive the character in her young-kids-culture form. separate it from all continuities. just have teen shenanigans. Take a cue from the Archie comics and kids-centered manga.
    I‘m sure that Marvel could always just do Archie-inspired stories on another Earth, similar to the ones they did back in the 50s.

  7. #7
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,082

    Default

    They wouldn't sell. Even Archie's main title (which the Riverdale TV show is based on) nowadays is a serious slice of life title - essentially a soap opera in comic book form - and not a humour one. The old humour version of Archie is now relegated to side books and digests.

    If the humourous Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat title couldn't sell, I can't see a Patsy Walker: All American Teen title doing any better.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    16,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They wouldn't sell. Even Archie's main title (which the Riverdale TV show is based on) nowadays is a serious slice of life title - essentially a soap opera in comic book form - and not a humour one. The old humour version of Archie is now relegated to side books and digests.

    If the humourous Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat title couldn't sell, I can't see a Patsy Walker: All American Teen title doing any better.
    It won't sell to the Secret-Infinity-Crisis-Wars crowd, but who knows? It might do ok digitally or in trades.

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,527

    Default

    I liked the cutesy, fun, Kate Leth book but I think Patsy could use a more standard Superhero title for her next book.

  10. #10

    Default

    I want digital patsy comics.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Patsy could use a more standard Superhero title for her next book.
    Agreed. A return to super-heroics would be good. And hopefully, it will be similar to her 2000 miniseries:

    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-24-2020 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Follow the rules.

  12. #12
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. A return to super-heroics would be good. And hopefully, it will be similar to her 2000 miniseries:

    Classic costume or bust though.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Classic costume or bust though.
    Of course.

    We must never forget the OG classic:

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Patsy's original super-powered suit! Those polka dot pants alone could stop a criminal in his tracks! lol

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    Also worth noting is that Patsy had apparently met Jack Kirby once (Patsy and Hedy #88, June 1963):


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •