Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm surprised that Marvel hasn't tried to revive the character in her young-kids-culture form. separate it from all continuities. just have teen shenanigans. Take a cue from the Archie comics and kids-centered manga.

Noooo, I loved the last Hellcat series and her previous continuity. I wouldn't want to take it all away.

Astonishing Member

This only now occurred to me. Do you think Patsy Walker might have inspired might have inspired the creation of Mary Jane Watson?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    This only now occurred to me. Do you think Patsy Walker might have inspired might have inspired the creation of Mary Jane Watson?
    Marvel had a bunch of prominent civilian ladies before Mary Jane came along: Miss America, Tessie the Typist, Nellie the Nurse, and Hedy De Vine. Millie the Model was one of their most popular, her series having lasted for 143 issues from 1945-1966.

Wasn't Hedy from Patsy's comic before getting her own book?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't Hedy from Patsy's comic before getting her own book?
    Nope. She first appeared in Hedy De Vine Comics #22 (August, 1947), the follow-up to All-Winners Comics #21.

She was good in today's issue! Funny, calling Tony out on his ish, and helpful in the fight against Unicorn. Think the writer has a decent voice for Patsy and I'll be interested to see how the relationship between these two develop. A really nice start.

I'm not the biggest IM fan though so I'll probably only get issues where she has a decent sized role.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 09-16-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Astonishing Member

Is that from Iron Man? Nice artwork! I really disliked the cartoony artwork in her last series -- even though I know that was to appeal to a different crowd.

Is Patsy going to be a rebound romance? Tony's only just split up with Janet Van Dyne.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Is Patsy going to be a rebound romance? Tony's only just split up with Janet Van Dyne.
    He could do worse.

I hope not. Tony could use a female friend he doesn't sleep with.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I hope not. Tony could use a female friend he doesn't sleep with.
    Wasn’t it implied in Bendis’s Avengers Prime miniseries that Steve, Thor and Tony have all gotten with Patsy at different points.

She makes it pretty clear early on that she's not interested in that way (telling him she'll kick his ass if he tries anything) so I'm hopeful they keep it platonic. I love how brutally honest she is with him throughout the issue, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wasn’t it implied in Bendis’s Avengers Prime miniseries that Steve, Thor and Tony have all gotten with Patsy at different points.
    No. It was just Steve that dated her for a bit. At least that’s what she told Tony.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    She makes it pretty clear early on that she's not interested in that way (telling him she'll kick his ass if he tries anything) so I'm hopeful they keep it platonic. I love how brutally honest she is with him throughout the issue, too.
    I hope it stays this way too. Tony needs someone to keep his ego checked. Tell him when he’s going to far.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    No. It was just Steve that dated her for a bit. At least that’s what she told Tony.
    The implication was that Steve didn't sleep with her, but Thor probably did.