Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Does Emma know...?

I'm a little confused. This article makes it sound like Emma knows Moira MacTaggert is alive, about her mutant power to reincarnate, and about the multiple timelines: https://www.cbr.com/x-men-emma-frost...l-after-moira/.

But, so far as I know, the only three people who know about Moira and her power and the danger it poses, are Xavier, Magneto, and Moira herself.

Have I got this wrong?

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

She suspected. This was her way of confirming her suspicions.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    She suspected. This was her way of confirming her suspicions.
    How did she gain this suspicion? I feel like this might all be coincidental. It feels too early for any of this. Then again, this might be the beginning of Emma's departure from the council. I'm pretty sure it was hinted that more would leave. Would suck if she does.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

She is a mind-reader who does not ask permission. She is also more intelligent than Charles and Erik.

She is a mind-reader who does not ask permission. She is also more intelligent than Charles and Erik.
    Then, all the mind-readers should know… or they are much more polite and less curious…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

No Emma does not know about Moira, like the article says she is just trolling. Up to this moment there have been no hints or foreshadowing that she knew or even suspected, so for Duggan to write this is just fanwanking at it's highest. Basically it's him saying "see how cool and badass Emma is". There is absolutely no way she would know about Moira, there is no trace her existence, she is completely hidden. And as far as finding out because she's a telepath, well Xavier is a more powerful telepath who wears Cerebro 24/7. And Magneto has his telepathic blocking helmet and because of the nature his powers is highly resistant to telepaths. I think both of them would know if Emma were attempting to scan their minds and would take steps to prevent it as well as send a message to her about overstepping her bounds. Also Moira has taken great care to conceal herself and she already doesn't trust or like Emma, combined with her ruthless mentality she would have no problem dealing with Emma if she became a problem or impediment to her,
    Charles and Erik's longterm goals. There are so many other characters that Xavier and Magneto would reveal the secret to before Emma, and her knowing would add nothing but drama and create tension like we saw with her troll job in Madripoor. And hypothetically if she does know then how much does she know? Does she only know that Moira is alive and staying in the shadows, does she know that Moira is a mutant or about all the past lives and ultimate fate of mutantkind? I suspect not. So no Emma doesn't know, this was Duggan just hyping up one of his two pet characters. Trying to make her look cool at the expense of Xavier and Magneto, nothing more nothing less. Emma was just being a massive troll because she cannot help herself, the secret is safe for now.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    No Emma does not know about Moira, like the article says she is just trolling. Up to this moment there have been no hints or foreshadowing that she knew or even suspected, so for Duggan to write this is just fanwanking at it's highest. Basically it's him saying "see how cool and badass Emma is". There is absolutely no way she would know about Moira, there is no trace her existence, she is completely hidden. And as far as finding out because she's a telepath, well Xavier is a more powerful telepath who wears Cerebro 24/7. And Magneto has his telepathic blocking helmet and because of the nature his powers is highly resistant to telepaths. I think both of them would know if Emma were attempting to scan their minds and would take steps to prevent it as well as send a message to her about overstepping her bounds. Also Moira has taken great care to conceal herself and she already doesn't trust or like Emma, combined with her ruthless mentality she would have no problem dealing with Emma if she became a problem or impediment to her,
    Charles and Erik's longterm goals. There are so many other characters that Xavier and Magneto would reveal the secret to before Emma, and her knowing would add nothing but drama and create tension like we saw with her troll job in Madripoor. And hypothetically if she does know then how much does she know? Does she only know that Moira is alive and staying in the shadows, does she know that Moira is a mutant or about all the past lives and ultimate fate of mutantkind? I suspect not. So no Emma doesn't know, this was Duggan just hyping up one of his two pet characters. Trying to make her look cool at the expense of Xavier and Magneto, nothing more nothing less. Emma was just being a massive troll because she cannot help herself, the secret is safe for now.
    This. Seems more like another case of Duggan fanwank to his favorites, which is essentially what this book is all about from day one.

Astonishing Member

If she does know ,her mind reading of Xavier or Magneto just speaks of something darker, at best she is just an insecure busybody at worst she is no better than Sinister or Shaw playing a game of thrones, trying to hold some power over Xavier and Magnus.This is the only thing that springs to mind because Jean and Exodus who are also telepaths are respecting mental
    privacy of their comrades on the council. While Moira thinks Sinister was a wrong recruitment choice, it looks like Emma will be the worst pick.

Moira warned them that Emma was up to something. And Emma warned Xavier that he was not subtle enough to fool her. Men never listen to women even though we know better.

Moira warned them that Emma was up to something. And Emma warned Xavier that he was not subtle enough to fool her. Men never listen to women even though we know better.
    truer words

Amazing Member

I think she suspects something ... her last line about Erik & Charles faces making all the hospital affair worthy is pretty telling.. The how or what exactly she suspects is still not revealed of course but that's the point: INTRIGUE!!

And Magneto has his telepathic blocking helmet and because of the nature his powers is highly resistant to telepaths.
    Magneto doesn't wear that 24/7. For example there's the notable instance of Wolverine getting Magneto drunk and stealing it. Then Magneto attends a council meeting without it on.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I don't believe Emma knows about Moira. If she did, she'd be smart enough to know how precious a secret that would be and wouldn't use it to just troll Charles and Erik.

I'd say she most definitely knows and that was her way of telling them.

Now... As for how she found out... We don't know that. I doubt she found out telepathically.

If I were to make an educated guess, I'd wager somebody got sloppy and she put two and two together.

And I'd also suspect that Mystique knows (cause of Destiny).

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    I'd say she most definitely knows and that was her way of telling them.

Now... As for how she found out... We don't know that. I doubt she found out telepathically.

If I were to make an educated guess, I'd wager somebody got sloppy and she put two and two together.

And I'd also suspect that Mystique knows (cause of Destiny).
    Mystique certainly knows. And it was implied that Sinister was on to Charles and Erik before they stepped foot on Bar Sinister, so he probably is aware of her existence. Much of this era is about male hubris (not to forget “Betsy” Braddock’s hubris).