Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Nah i say let it last for years. Morrison had some great ideas and marvel just ripped it apart after he left. They better don’t do the same thing when hickman leaves.
    literally everytime we go back to a boring status quo/return to your roots arch after an interesting period of change, the stories ALWAYS suck.
    Morrison-after
    san francisco era- wolverine and the x-men/bendis
    and then somehow we went from bad to worse from inhuman stuff to gold.

BANNED

i cant remember the last time a moderm x-men story that uses nostalgia bait being good

Oh hey! We went a whole week without a fresh and new destruction of Krakoa thread. That’s pretty good, friends.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I'll enjoy the fall of Krakoa not for kicks but the realism and historic lesson.All empires fall,yeah sure we all want Martin Luther's dream but when we get the 'dream' human hubris takes over and we go back to a dark age.Maybe it's history,maybe eschatology but rarely anything too good to be true is.I have mentioned countless times.Not only are the threats to Krakoa much bigger this time round but the greatest threat is if Xavier and Magneto begin to drum up the hate in their own ranks.Who says this whole status quo stops in Krakoa?They could as well since they are now a nation state declare war on another.Once that happens, then it will be a snowball not too different from Life 6 or 9.What if Xavier starts resurrecting mutants only with selected memories,erasing any 'problematic' thinking in the process?That would be the worst dictatorship on earth.We either get mutants fighting mutants actually seeing Mystique's issue is proof of this or we get a mutant cross with Children of the Vault Nazi like ubermensch-Eugenics Chimera that would put any Age of Apocalypse or future Bishop came from to shame!
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-21-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

It was about time the status of the X-Men changed and now it finally did. Let's not rush in getting them back to where they came from. That was getting old.

Finally Marvel is stepping up their X-Men game.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Basically I can't wait for "the X-mansion" to explode. I don't get X-fans.

PS- Implosion is not only way Krakoa can end. The "Evil mutants" can be forced to leave and "the X-men" can willingly leaving Krakoa as just "a normal" nation. It is as likely this run ends with Krakoa as dormant island with portals and resurrection protocols ended and "regular" mutants form a more democratic government with new leadership.

BANNED

most sucessfull relaunch in marvels most recent history, but lets just hope its ruined for shits an giggles then complain the new books after suffer from "every x-men story is the same" syndrome, how tons of characthers are not being used and how much better this krakoa era was.

I will never ever forget the smashing drop of quality, characther usage and concepts we went trough when utopia fell, I dont want it again, **** the mansion/school

People keep assuming we all just want to go back to what came before and really need to chill.

Krokoa's fall is going to be a huge one for sure. And hopefully its done in a way that doesn't make what's already a bad situation even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    most sucessfull relaunch in marvels most recent history, but lets just hope its ruined for shits an giggles then complain the new books after suffer from "every x-men story is the same" syndrome, how tons of characthers are not being used and how much better this krakoa era was.

I will never ever forget the smashing drop of quality, characther usage and concepts we went trough when utopia fell, I dont want it again, **** the mansion/school
    Ferro dropping truth bombs all over the forums.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    People keep assuming we all just want to go back to what came before and really need to chill.

Krokoa's fall is going to be a huge one for sure. And hopefully its done in a way that doesn't make what's already a bad situation even worse.
    so what do you want from that fall? what kind of interesting, thought inducing, filled with expansive worldbuilding that pretty much benefits every satelite book will replace krakoa to the same level of sucess?
    An x-tower? more mansions with difrent designs and ways to be destroyed? an x-force with deadpool?
    or maybe a human ally becoming some sort of powerfull figure off panel? or wait wait another riviting story: A new hellfire inner circle and the phoenix returns once more.
    please tell the class im dying to hear
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-21-2020 at 07:39 AM.

I think it's wild that people here are equating thinking there's something fishy going on with not liking the current status quo. I like it BECAUSE there's obviously something weird going on. It makes me curious about what's going on that we don't know, and yeah, I think the downfall of Moira would be a very interesting story. Hickman even said as much that they are intentionally writing it so there can be multiple perceived opinions of the situation mutants are in. I think they are mostly behaving like an almost terrifying cult; I also think that's a story worth reading about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think it's wild that people here are equating thinking there's something fishy going on with not liking the current status quo. I like it BECAUSE there's obviously something weird going on. It makes me curious about what's going on that we don't know, and yeah, I think the downfall of Moira would be a very interesting story. Hickman even said as much that they are intentionally writing it so there can be multiple perceived opinions of the situation mutants are in. I think they are mostly behaving like an almost terrifying cult; I also think that's a story worth reading about.
    Get out of my head (or stay in it and we'll have a party and see where it goes)
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Im absolutly fine with fishy, with that juicy conflict, but it anoy's me that so much of the discourse is reduced to some fatalistic desire to see it all ruined and everything back to square one, instead of changing and improving to this very very very good concept, one that has a clear improvement to satalite titles and the line overall.

I hate reductive sugestions.
    However I absolutly respect your take because you are interested on the story want now and want to see how it progresses, these type of threads dont even want to enjoy what we are getting right now, but what can go wrong in the future that will end it all.
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-21-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Nah i say let it last for years. Morrison had some great ideas and marvel just ripped it apart after he left. They better don’t do the same thing when hickman leaves.
    Agreed. This ish needs to last! The story telling hasn’t been this good/compelling in years.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Putting excessive misery on the mutants is pretty much what hurt the viability of Xavier's Dream in the first place, and thus led to Krakoa. The mutants need at least some victories, some opportunities to feel good. I'd like to see some more vindication of Xavier's dream.