Page 83 of 109 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1622
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    What happens when 2 mutants make a human baby? It’s happened before...
    I imagine they would just raise the baby on the island, depending on who the mutant parents are.

There would no doubt be mutants on the island who would make a stink about it, but in general I imagine the nation wouldn't cast it into the sea or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I imagine they would just raise the baby on the island, depending on who the mutant parents are.

There would no doubt be mutants on the island who would make a stink about it, but in general I imagine the nation wouldn't cast it into the sea or whatever.
    That kind of thing does kinda raise the question about quality of life for a human living on Krakoa especially right now. Currently, we have a confirmed number of 2 humans, Shogo and Kyle, living on the island. What must that be like especially with there definitely being mutants living there who at best look down on humans and at worst despise them?

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    What happens when 2 mutants make a human baby? It’s happened before...
    They raise their kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That kind of thing does kinda raise the question about quality of life for a human living on Krakoa especially right now. Currently, we have a confirmed number of 2 humans, Shogo and Kyle, living on the island. What must that be like especially with there definitely being mutants living there who at best look down on humans and at worst despise them?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It’s a nation designed for and by mutants for their safety and development of culture. Of course it would be different for humans and non-mutant aliens, but that doesn’t mean they’re being discriminated against. It’s just a different experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s a nation designed for and by mutants for their safety and development of culture. Of course it would be different for humans and non-mutant aliens, but that doesn’t mean they’re being discriminated against. It’s just a different experience.
    Can you really say that they wouldn’t be? Sure the X-Men wouldn’t but there are no doubt people on the island who do discriminate against humans. Hell, we’ve seen the likes of Esme referring to humans as monkeys and even children throwing around terms like “flatscan”. There is no doubt in my mind that there is some degree of discrimination against the humans living on Krakoa especially when mutantkind finds that to be their own private piece of the world away from humans.

Can you really say that they wouldn’t be? Sure the X-Men wouldn’t but there are no doubt people on the island who do discriminate against humans. Hell, we’ve seen the likes of Esme referring to humans as monkeys and even children throwing around terms like “flatscan”. There is no doubt in my mind that there is some degree of discrimination against the humans living on Krakoa especially when mutantkind finds that to be their own private piece of the world away from humans.
    Unless we see it someone actually discriminating against Kyle or Shogo or Broo or whoever that isn’t a mutant, it isn’t happening.

Unless we see it someone actually discriminating against Kyle or Shogo or Broo or whoever that isn’t a mutant, it isn’t happening.
    You can't assume its not happening either.

Prior to the Crucible, there was also Melody. You are right in that 2 are confirmed but I think that issue set up that there are at least depowered former mutants on the island waiting for their chance at the Crucible to be reborn

There are mutants on there that we know for a fact hate humans and see them as lesser than. I dont think its a leap to assume that they'd view humans on Krakoa with the same negative lens that they had before the nation existed

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There are mutants on there that we know for a fact hate humans and see them as lesser than. I dont think its a leap to assume that they'd view humans on Krakoa with the same negative lens that they had before the nation existed
    There are also mutants who would be protective over them as well given their position on the island. Those mutants’ disdain for humanity didn’t come out of nowhere and it isn’t simply because theyre seen as “lesser than” but because of their entire lives experience before Krakoa existed.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    You can't assume its not happening either.
    So if it’s nebulous, why assume the worse to fit your mold of Krakoa?

So if it’s nebulous, why assume the worse to fit your mold of Krakoa?
    Because mutants are human beings with all the same flaws, prejudices, and imperfections as their counterparts
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Because mutants are human beings with all the same flaws, prejudices, and imperfections as their counterparts
    So why not the same concern about Mutants discriminating against Queer Mutants? Or black ones? Or female Mutants
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    So why not the same concern about Mutants discriminating against Queer Mutants? Or black ones? Or female Mutants
    Why do you assume they don't? There isn't much conversation by anyone in this forum about that, but if you want to make a thread for the subject I'll be all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Why do you assume they don't? There isn't much conversation by anyone in this forum about that, but if you want to make a thread for the subject I'll be all for it.
    Why make a separate thread? This is where people are voicing their concern about Mutants eating human babies.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why make a separate thread? This is where people are voicing their concern about Mutants eating human babies.
    Technically, Krakoa can fall down without it being a divine punishment for unsavory practices.

Poor Genoshans were exterminated without them agreeing with any Magneto's shenanigans…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe