Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
Just because something isn’t western doesn’t mean it’s fanatical and bloodthirsty. They are establishing systems in their nation that are much more advanced than anything in first world countries. They develop free housing and food, believe in rehabilitation rather than punishment, celebrate their differences, and give the world life-saving medicines. This whole idea that they’re “barbaric” really doesn’t make sense in context to what we’ve seen of Dawn of X so far.
Nope. Don't try to turn this into a western culture superiority thing. That's not going to fly. I'm speaking about how fanatical and blood thirsty (note: I never used "barbaric") some characters have become. These are characters that I've known and felt deeply connected to for many, many years. it just doesn't jibe with how these characters have been presented for years. They cheer on the brutal attack of Aero by Apocalypse?! Storm (one of the most just and sensible character in existence) leads them in a cult-like chant as members are reborn to the community?! They laugh and encourage Daken to stab himself in the head for mere entertainment?! The benevolence and nobility that were at their core seems to be gone. Now, if this is all part of an overarching storyline, i will be ecstatic because that would be new and very interesting! (A slow burner of subtle corruption being masterfully woven into the story ala what Wolfman and Perez did with Raven in The New Teen Titans - awesome!) However, until that is revealed to be the case, I'm a bit worried that these "heroes" aren't being as aspirational anymore. I miss some oof the humanity that was these mutants' strongest attribute.