Page 17 of 109 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You can't condemn supervillains on krakoa+list the mistreatment of one as a grievance lol Future storylines? that makes little sense as they may not even happen. That's an opinion not shared by most readers, but okay. And what krakoan laws have they implemented that is cause for alarm?
    Sure, I can. I've lost count how many alternate time lines the X-men have tried to stop and right now they're participating in creating one. As you'd expect from ay future where Apocalypse gains political power. I condemn them for their past, which we all know well. They're top level criminal masterminds and terrorists with countless bodycounts, human and mutant alike, to their name.

The Crucible, for one. Have you seen what's going on in X-Force? Why do you trust these super-villains so quickly, when many of them are card carrying psychopaths.

Numerous people in these boards share my concerns.

It's so strange that you like Krakatoa as a concept, it's a great concept, and that's all it takes for you to erase their histories and that they're harmless friends of the X-men. The X-men themselves have show more doubt about Krakatoa than you are.

Oh did you forget to add something? We've yet to see anything manelove about Warlock being in krakoa creepy yes but Doug+Warlock have always been kinds creepy
    You expect nothing to come of this?

and here i thought it was built on the mass of one of their first villains lol
    That fact I bought up isn't a concern for you? It wasn't until Krakatoa that the X-men were participating in sacrificial rituals, what's changed?
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-04-2020 at 12:38 AM.

Can't wait to find out how Hot Squats will bring about Krakoa's downfall.

"How can they let in all these criminals into the Krakoa that doesn't make sense."

Forgetting that there are multiple countries that let in former Nazi scientist despite all their crimes and now have descendants in those countries that are also citizens of said country. Krakoa is a nation not a team of good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    "How can they let in all these criminals into the Krakoa that doesn't make sense."

Forgetting that there are multiple countries that let in former Nazi scientist despite all their crimes and now have descendants in those countries that are also citizens of said country. Krakoa is a nation not a team of good guys.
    That's it.

Some of these posters either can't seem to make the distinction or don't want to.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That's it.

Some of these posters either can't seem to make the distinction or don't want to.
    That's a poor lecture of what is being said.

No one would question Krakoa's direction if its destiny was sheparded by the Acolytes or the Brotherhood of Mutants associating themselves with some of the most iconic and Dangerous mutant villains in history.
    No one.
    Why?
    Because ritualistic executions, supremacist talks and shady conspiracies would be in-character for them.
    What is causing people to question what's happening is because the X-Men are the one spearheading that effort by allying themselves with said villains, they are the ones who renounced Xavier's dream when their whole purpose was to fight for it.
    They are the ones doing it when they are supposed to be "the good guys".

That desecration of what they are is the cause of the reactions you see here.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: they should have materialized that shift in priorities by renouncing the name of X-Men before jumping into this new direction, things would be perceived much differently around here.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

That doesn't make it right.

Also, this scenario is like if Hitler had been made co-president of the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    That's a poor lecture of what is being said.

No one would question Krakoa's direction if its destiny was sheparded by the Acolytes or the Brotherhood of Mutants associating themselves with some of the most iconic and Dangerous mutant villains in history.
    No one.
    Why?
    Because ritualistic executions, supremacist talks and shady conspiracies would be in-character for them.
    What is causing people to question what's happening is because the X-Men are the one spearheading that effort by allying themselves with said villains, they are the ones who renounced Xavier's dream when their whole purpose was to fight for it.
    They are the ones doing it when they are supposed to be "the good guys".

That desecration of what they are is the cause of the reactions you see here.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: they should have materialized that shift in priorities by renouncing the name of X-Men before jumping into this new direction, things would be perceived much differently around here.
    This right here. It doesn't feel like something the X-Men would or should do. I'm sure that's sort of the point, but still.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That doesn't make it right.

Also, this scenario is like if Hitler had been made co-president of the US.

This right here. It doesn't feel like something the X-Men would or should do. I'm sure that's sort of the point, but still.
    So what are the x men supposed to do ?

They know from the last 10 to 20 years that Xaviers dream is a comprehensive , disastrous failure.

Xavier and Magnto know that " the dream " and several other strategies are a disaster not just for mutants , but for humans too.

So the choice seems to be either participate fully in the current plan or just lie down and die , knowing that will doom the plan to failure.

So ,either jump in with both feet , or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post

They know from the last 10 to 20 years that Xaviers dream is a comprehensive , disastrous failure.

Xavier and Magnto know that " the dream " and several other strategies are a disaster not just for mutants , but for humans too.

So the choice seems to be either participate fully in the current plan or just lie down and die , knowing that will doom the plan to failure.

Xavier's dream works fine. Its outside forces like editors insisting that mutant numbers need to be reduced that make things not work.

Astonishing Member

Or they can fight for Xavier's dream like they were trained to do. Xavier's dream's dead and Xavier killed it himself with Krakatoa.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Or they can fight for Xavier's dream like they were trained to do. Xavier's dream's dead and Xavier killed it himself with Krakatoa.
    Isn't it annoying what the auto correct does to Krakoa .Mine wants Krakow which is a bit too disturbing !

So I take it your choice would be the x men stand and die , rather than lie down and die.

We , and Xavier know that leads to extinction and humans being subsumed ing the machine.

Astonishing Member

Isn't it annoying what the auto correct does to Krakoa .Mine wants Krakow which is a bit too disturbing !

So I take it your choice would be the x men stand and die , rather than lie down and die.

We , and Xavier know that leads to extinction and humans being subsumed ing the machine.
    Under those circumstances what's the difference, it all ends with death. May as well stick with their principals going out.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Xavier's dream works fine. Its outside forces like editors insisting that mutant numbers need to be reduced that make things not work.
    I'm not sure that makes much sense.
    If you or I were writing it then of course .Xavier dream would be a stunning success .( In my head it is)

But all fictional worlds are the way they are written , be that because of editors or because the writer had a horrible hangover.
    It is what's on the page.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Under those circumstances what's the difference, it all ends with death. May as well stick with their principals going out.
    Why not chose life and try Krakoa ?

Astonishing Member

Why not chose life and try Krakoa ?
    That's not life, it's existence and betrays everything the X-men are supposed to stand for. That's the "death" with Krakatoa, it's Xavier's dream he let his greatest enemies snuff it out. I think what Hickman's going for will be a third option, which hasn't been explained. I expect the X-men to suffer tragic losses in the coming years, like the Avengers did.

Extraordinary Member

But here's the thing, it's not like Moira's futures were great for human beings either. In her futures, absolutely no one wins.

The other issue is that, as Hickman bas shown us, the Krakoa method really isn't helping. They have more enemies than ever before.