Page 76 of 109 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1622

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Are they not?
    Truths and lies are used in propaganda.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Truths and lies are used in propaganda.
    It is shown on page, in the comics that they are persecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol Apocalypse has never really been too keen on sycophants
    I dont think theres been any evidence on what you're describing? hoping?
    Really?… He seemed purring with Melody's adoration during the Crucible…
    "oh, yes, kill me, Apocalypse… show me your strength… make me whole."

Maybe, it's a new thing for him, he's not the only one to have changed.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It is shown on page, in the comics that they are persecuted.
    And again, what's your point? I don't deny it. I'm just saying that is used to base an ideology.

"The poor persecuted ones have every right to do anything to 'steam in reverse'…" This is how it is used.

Astonishing Member

Really?… He seemed purring with Melody's adoration during the Crucible…
    "oh, yes, kill me, Apocalypse… show me your strength… make me whole."

Maybe, it's a new thing for him, he's not the only one to have changed.
    I think you just made a Melody/Apocalypse ship LOL

And again, what's your point? I don't deny it. I'm just saying that is used to base an ideology.

"The poor persecuted ones have every right to do anything to 'steam in reverse'…" This is how it is used.
    I haven’t really ever seen that used in any other way than to stifle revolution or radical change by creating paranoia around “the bullied becoming the bullies.” Hardly is that the case in real life (on a societal level) and certainly not what’s happening on Krakoa.

I see it being used to spur mutants to fight back against the oppression. Is that bad?

Astonishing Member

I haven’t really ever seen that used in any other way than to stifle revolution or radical change by creating paranoia around “the bullied becoming the bullies.” Hardly is that the case in real life (on a societal level) and certainly not what’s happening on Krakoa.
    That's been weaponised as a calling card for mutant supremacists in X-men comics since the 60's. It's Magneto's go-to excuse to kill and enslave humanity or mutants who get in his way without remorse. It's not unheard of for the oppressed to oppress others in return.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...erview-754889/

Magneto is in there in the first issue.
    Oh, I was just gonna say, but my favorite villain was Magneto. And I loved the idea of the X-Men being good mutants, and then we’d get a bunch of bad mutants, and we’d make it seem as if the bad mutants had a point there. The human race hated them and feared them and shunned them and was trying to get rid of them, so why should they take it laying down? Why didn’t they fight back?
    Whereas Professor Xavier said, we’ve gotta all learn to live together, no matter how different we are. And I felt that represented some schools of thought that exist among the human race now. And it was fun to toy with that concept. And basically, the main idea was to show that bigotry is really a terrible thing, and we should all get along with each other no matter how different we are. That was the main objective. If you needed an objective for a superhero story.
    The "bad mutants" are a morality tale.

I said that’s not what’s happening on Krakoa, not with Magneto back when he was being written as a Silver Age villain with a one-note “im evilllll” personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I think you just made a Melody/Apocalypse ship LOL
    Oh I can assure you it existed the day the issue came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Which is?
    For one, not having a stupid system that depends on ritualistic murder. Hickman's idea is bad out of and in universe.

But for people that insist on having more death and misery...they have mutants who can kill painlessly. With a touch even. Use them for peaceful death. If you insist on "willingness to fight" go to combat on the astral/mental plane or some virtual environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Don't you miss the old days? When the X-Men were not a cult? They were just a group of teenagers who lived in a mansion isolated from society under the direction of a telepath who instilled in them his ideology and put them on life or death missions. Also, everyone was wearing the same ceremonial clothes, I mean, superhero costumes.

Good old days.
    I can use this in all these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Oh I can assure you it existed the day the issue came out.

For one, not having a stupid system that depends on ritualistic murder. Hickman's idea is bad out of and in universe.

But for people that insist on having more death and misery...they have mutants who can kill painlessly. With a touch even. Use them for peaceful death. If you insist on "willingness to fight" go to combat on the astral/mental plane or some virtual environment.
    You're missing part of the point of the Crucible. It's not about killing mutants, it's about not saturating the system by turning repowering into a challenge.

Also, you're looking at it from a human perspective. Mutants don't fear death anymore, their view on death is supposed to be changing in this new society. What looks like murder to us will slowly turn into extreme sparring to them if they keep the Resurrections going.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They stopped being neoliberals obsessed with respectability politics and maintaining a model minority status for a society that consistently shows it doesn’t care for their livelihoods.
    Nooooooo! my coffee.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You're missing part of the point of the Crucible. It's not about killing mutants, it's about not saturating the system by turning repowering into a challenge.

Also, you're looking at it from a human perspective. Mutants don't fear death anymore, their view on death is supposed to be changing in this new society. What looks like murder to us will slowly turn into extreme sparring to them if they keep the Resurrections going.
    Missed the first point. Its a bad idea by a not so good writer.
    The system wouldn't be oversaturated if it hadn't been such a flawed system in the first place.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

> Ritualistic comic book combat (like in Wakanda and Atlantis) = good
    > Snuffing mutants to get their powers back = good
    > using ritualistic combat to snuff mutants to get their powers back = bad?

Nah. You gotta do better than that.

Missed the first point. Its a bad idea by a not so good writer.
    The system wouldn't be oversaturated if it hadn't been such a flawed system in the first place.
    Wrong on both counts.

First one is your personal feelings. That's like me preaching J**on A**on is a fraud.

The system is over-saturated because humans and other monsters keep killing mutants.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 03-23-2020 at 05:23 AM.
    "Cable was right!"