Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    In the end they chose to have their Crucible. You just have to deal with it; it's part of their culture.
    I dealt with it by Calling it out for what it was: indoctrination.
    And I take solace in seeing characters in-universe questionning Crucible themselves, it's hard for some IRL to pretend this is agreeable as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Marvel doesn't have free rein for their books to stray so far from reality that it becomes absurd?

Too late for that.

The X-Office showed enough of the situation of the gates. Pro-mutant areas don't give a damn; anti-mutant areas try to hinder mutants from travelling through.
    Well, obviously they can do whatever they want with their properties, it'll just be cause for more discussions and interrogations the further they stray away.
    Which is fine, that means more activity for forums like this one, harboring said discussions.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Totally agree with everything you say,I have a major problem with the resurrection protocols.See in HoX 5 they say that there is a strict protocol for ressurrection, Xavier and co have to completely be sure a mutant is dead to ressurrect them.Meaning they don't want duplication for different reasons 1 saving time 2 Not alerting humanity of Krakoa's biggest bio-engineering secret 3.Not creating an existential crisis for living mutants who suddenly see their doppelgangers walking around.
    This whole point in the protocols shows that people resurrected are just cloned not technically or absolutely the entity they were.So the crucible is murder or assisted suicide of humans to clone them with powers.This is more or less the glorified sci-fi Movie 'the Island' of 2004 on steroids.

Most fans would rather overlook this obvious fact and as a fan of X-Men I am enjoying this story as I'm a fan of sci fi and dystopian tales.I just think this will inevitably lead to the demise of Krakoa.
    True, the characters themselves question if they are the real deal or fac-simile, it's telling.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Question Does someone like the Krakoa storyline?

I can't be the only one that doesn't like it.

I only enjoy Apocalypse's development in Excalibur and obviously Capt. Britain but outside of that, is wayyy too much of an AU feel to enjoy for me.

What about you?

Mighty Member

Could you explain a bit more clearly?

Do you mean the island?
    I've no real problem with it as a setting, but i feel like it's pretty nebulous most of the time outside of a few locations

Do you mean the books in Dawn of X?
    I for the most part like them. Only ones i really don't like are Fallen Angels and Excalibur but that's more on the writing than the concepts.

Do you mean the politics?
    This is the one thing i actually don't like, and it's mostly cause the trajectory is so painfully barreling towards calamity that it feels like an inevitability. Kinda like Hickman's Avenger's run. But with an overall feeling like it's heading to disaster due to not smart moves being made on Krakoa's part rather than a sort of inevitability that couldn't be swerved away from.

Spectacular Member

I love this story line. The X-Men are shining for the first time in nearly a decade. Whether we like it or not, we can't deny that it opens a new path for the story of the x-men, which was already in limbo. Before the release of HOX/POX, I hadn't looked forward to wednesdays for years.

Extraordinary Member

I am absolutely reading this as occurring in an AU. Not sure how much I like it yet, but I do appreciate the X-Men issues are basically single issue stories. I will probably take break during the crossover though.

Most people like it, some people don't because they are uneasy with their most morally questionable decisions that the X-Men had done on the run (pluss the sudden turn over from Rosenberg to Hickman).

As for me, i'm enjoy it Hickman's X-Men (although the start wasn't great) and X-Force. Marauders was kind of fun, but is nothing that keep my attention, Excalibur is bad, Fallen Angel is weird and New Mutants is ok.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The polls on here have shown that the majority like it. I love it. Feel free to start a poll.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post

I only enjoy Apocalypse's development in Excalibur and obviously Capt. Britain but outside of that, is wayyy too much of an AU feel to enjoy for me.

What about you?
    Many, many people don't like it. Both here on the forums and elsewhere online.

Most people here love it to pieces. I hate it with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post

What about you?
    One thing i can say is that in the month of January just from the X-line alone marvel moved well over 625,000 units.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I hate it with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.
    ^^^Same.

This would all be fine if set in an alternate reality, where making characters behave completely OUT of character is no big deal.

I like a lot of it - mutant nation, the drugs, the portals and the team premises - but one thing I'm not really on board with is the resurrections.

I love the Krakoan story. It reminds me a lot of the Morrisonīs good old days. You should make a poll 0-10 points or so.. You would be surprised. The sales figures are there to show most reader LOVE it as well...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The comments look weird with that new thread fused into this one. Mod deserves a bag of Skittles.
    "Cable was right!"