Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1622
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, who knows which writer is going to do what, but any one of the army of reality warpers of Krakoa could beat Wakanda easily. The Skrulls in Wakanda were just a part of an invasion made by an empire that had been mostly wiped out, and wasn't even their largest force. They didn't had an Apocalypse, or Magneto, or Proteus.
    Pal, have you forgotten than Black Panther is one of Marvel's characters that closely match Batman's intelligence. He clearly has plans against any kind of threat against his country. Besides, Scarlet Witch already warped reality in the House of M, and Wakanda was one of the few countries in a world ruled by Mutants that resisted the Mutants' power and humans could find a place to escape from being killed by Magneto's followers.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Pal, have you forgotten than Black Panther is one of Marvel's characters that closely match Batman's intelligence. He clearly has plans against any kind of threat against his country. Besides, Scarlet Witch already warped reality in the House of M, and Wakanda was one of the few countries in a world ruled by Mutants that resisted the Mutants' power and humans could find a place to escape from being killed by Magneto's followers.
    Well, first of all, Black Panther is NOT Batman, meaning there won't be the level of jobbing if a conflict came to be that there would be in DC.

Second, exactly, Wakanda remained in House of M...because Wanda wanted it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well h3 had help keeping his grip on Wakanda, by some powerful mutants
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Well, first of all, Black Panther is NOT Batman, meaning there won't be the level of jobbing if a conflict came to be that there would be in DC.

Second, exactly, Wakanda remained in House of M...because Wanda wanted it to.
    Black Panther is not Batman, but he's spookingly close to him. When we talk about paranoia and be prepare for any kind of threat that could put Wakanda in danger, he's surpringly similar to Batman in that way.

Wanda didn't have to do anything with Wakanda remaining in House of M. The story of that world killed a lot of people in Magneto's rise to power, and Wanda was mainly interested in recovering her own children. Wakanda proved to be powerful enough to repel Magneto's power, and alongside Black Bolt, they killed Apocalypse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    She didn't know and he didn't know. Is the classic misunderstanding.
    Honestly I just don't buy that, even with dumb writing this is dumber than a bunch of rocks.

1.Even if Tchalla carries no phone there are Krakoan telepaths that can patch Storm to him anywhere on earth just like they linked her for the Orchis mission

2. She is a Wakandan no doubt she can go there as she pleases and may not follow decorum accorded a foreign dignitary ,but still to not wait for a King, an ex at the least to have a word is ridiculous. She is NOT in Krakoa, she is in Wakanda different rules and different traditions.If she wants to claim she renounced her Wakanda heritage to be a Krakoan fully ,she should have entered Wakanda as a foreign dignitary and observed full diplomatic decorum then

3.Using in story logic, she was ready to betray Wakanda and her ex because she knew it was days before he'd get back, it was just unfortunate that he got there when he did, otherwise she'd be outta there having stolen the greatest artefact in the Kingdom. She acted like a criminal pure and simple, to even have the nerve to say "You will step aside because you know that anything else would be the end of us all' when you are speaking to a king and in Krakoa only three swordsmen are ready to go? She hasn't even won her match up yet...what a joke

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Honestly I just don't buy that, even with dumb writing this is dumber than a bunch of rocks.

1.Even if Tchalla carries no phone there are Krakoan telepaths that can patch Storm to him anywhere on earth just like they linked her for the Orchis mission

2. She is a Wakandan no doubt she can go there as she pleases and may not follow decorum accorded a foreign dignitary ,but still to not wait for a King, an ex at the least to have a word is ridiculous. She is NOT in Krakoa, she is in Wakanda different rules and different traditions.If she wants to claim she renounced her Wakanda heritage to be a Krakoan fully ,she should have entered Wakanda as a foreign dignitary and observed full diplomatic decorum then

3.Using in story logic, she was ready to betray Wakanda and her ex because she knew it was days before he'd get back, it was just unfortunate that he got there when he did, otherwise she'd be outta there having stolen the greatest artefact in the Kingdom. She acted like a criminal pure and simple, to even have the nerve to say "You will step aside because you know that anything else would be the end of us all' when you are speaking to a king and in Krakoa only three swordsmen are ready to go? She hasn't even won her match up yet...what a joke
    1st How the hell could she have won her matchup without her sword

2nd They are repeatedly stating that this is about saving Krakoa and the whole World. You actually expect her to sit around twiddling her thumbs over the sake of appearances, or to not offend someone?

3rd She approached the Wakandans as a petitioner, held nothing back and requested aid first. She didn't step a foot out of line until she felt that she had no time left. She didn't take action until she was told that she had to wait an indeterminate number of days until T'challa returned.

4th The timeline isn't entirely clear but we know Wolverine spent a day looking around Japan, then went to hell and melted all of his fleshy bits off, and had time to fully grow back, and team up with Solem to fight the hand and get his sword, then get back to the gate and return to Krakoa... all before Storm. So it is highly unlikely to still be day 1 or 2.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 10-14-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    2nd They are repeatedly stating that this is about saving Krakoa and the whole World. You actually expect her to sit around twiddling her thumbs over the sake of appearances, or to not offend someone?
    3rd She approached the Wakandans as a petitioner, held nothing back and requested aid first. She didn't step a foot out of line until she felt that she had no time left. She didn't take action until she was told that she had to wait an indeterminate number of days until T'challa returned.
    4th The timeline isn't entirely clear but we know Wolverine spent a day looking around Japan, then went to hell and melted all of his fleshy bits off, and had time to fully grow back, and team up with Solem to fight the hand and get his sword, then get back to the gate and return to Krakoa... all before Storm. So it is highly unlikely to still be day 1 or 2.
    My comment about winning is to show her arrogance, sure she got the sword but how sure is she that she can Weild it to victory? Anyway but that is not my main issue

Logan was in Japan for 24 hours , him being in hell is not earthly time he could have been there 5minutes and it felt like a week for him, that's standard hell time..

I already said on the Marauders thread, the 3 days are all we have to go by, when she gets to the Rockslide memorial there are still 7 fighters not yet there. We soon see that Doug and Cable all joined in on what I presume is the 3rd day for convenience sake minutes after Storm(Doug was training with Ilyana while Storm and Logan were in Wakanda and Japan respectively..Cable likely was on Sword for like 2 days since the first issue) but still 5 fighters are missing and it looks like with Psyloche now on a mission inside Arrako-if she is a fighter among the 10 we have an unquantifiable delay.Saturnyne could have meant 3 earth days but if Psyloche is in anywhere but the Citadel who knows how time moves in each realm or if all realms are on the same time .With the other fighters being no shows for some hours .Storm could still have time to get audience with Tchalla
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-14-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post

Well first thing it's not her sword, she had no right or claim to it. Wakanda was under no obligation to give it to her, for all intents and purposes she basically stole a scared national artifact. Mutants caused this whole situation and now they're going around being demanding towards others to fix their problems and bail them out. Why should Wakanda get dragged into this conflict that has nothing to do with them. This sword is supposedly Wakanda's greatest treasure and now Storm just waltzes in and says hand it over, she has mutant issues to fix. And she gets indignant because god forbid the royal family dare to be reluctant to hand over something so precious to their nation. Storm's actions just screams of entitlement, I want what I want and I want it now. Going forward I hope Wakanda takes a harder line/more militant stance towards Krakoa. This whole fiasco is just another step towards the inevitable Krakoa vs the MU that is likely to occur sometime in the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Well first thing it's not her sword, she had no right or claim to it. Wakanda was under no obligation to give it to her, for all intents and purposes she basically stole a scared national artifact. Mutants caused this whole situation and now they're going around being demanding towards others to fix their problems and bail them out. Why should Wakanda get dragged into this conflict that has nothing to do with them. This sword is supposedly Wakanda's greatest treasure and now Storm just waltzes in and says hand it over, she has mutant issues to fix. And she gets indignant because god forbid the royal family dare to be reluctant to hand over something so precious to their nation. Storm's actions just screams of entitlement, I want what I want and I want it now. Going forward I hope Wakanda takes a harder line/more militant stance towards Krakoa. This whole fiasco is just another step towards the inevitable Krakoa vs the MU that is likely to occur sometime in the future.
    Exactly, we don't even know if Arrako is a threat to any part of earth that is not Krakoa , logic dictates if Okkara was the size of say Madagascar then Arrako was situated on part of that landmass not the entire world , you cannot cleave half the planet into some phantom zone.So it may be that Arraki want only Krakoa, they want to get to Avalon, they did not invade any other realm in outworld except Dryador which I guess was adjacent to their realm.This tale storm was selling was not told to her by Arraki(she didn't go to Outworld) all she knows is second hand accounts from those who spoke to or got directives from Saturnyne and we don't even know what her plan is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    My comment about winning is to show her arrogance, sure she got the sword but how sure is she that she can Weild it to victory? Anyway but that is not my main issue

Logan was in Japan for 24 hours , him being in hell is not earthly time he could have been there 5minutes and it felt like a week for him, that's standard hell time..

I already said on the Marauders thread, the 3 days are all we have to go by, when she gets to the Rockslide memorial there are still 7 fighters not yet there. We soon see that Doug and Cable all joined in on what I presume is the 3rd day for convenience sake minutes after Storm(Doug was training with Ilyana while Storm and Logan were in Wakanda and Japan respectively..Cable likely was on Sword for like 2 days since the first issue) but still 5 fighters are missing and it looks like with Psyloche now on a mission inside Arrako-if she is a fighter among the 10 we have an unquantifiable delay.Saturnyne could have meant 3 earth days but if Psyloche is in anywhere but the Citadel who knows how time moves in each realm or if all realms are on the same time .With the other fighters being no shows for some hours .Storm could still have time to get audience with Tchalla
    Except that she was told to wait days when the context implies, and she explicitly claims, that she doesn't have days to wait.

The criticism on her timing is based around a number of assumptions not facts. The assumption that Wolverines time in hell could have been minutes instead of the hours or even day+ that would be more probable. We have nothing in story that would imply that time in hell doesn't count or passes slower. It's not something that has ever been shown to be a constant with hell in the MU. It's a made up point to justify criticizing Storm.

I'm not claiming that it couldn't have been made clearer, obviously it could have been. But, in the absence of contradicting information and with Storm's explicit claims of imminent threat we have no reason to assume that she was lying, dishonest or stupidly damaging relations with Wakanda for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Possibly because its not just Krakoa but the whole world being threatened? Perhaps because this will also save Wakanda? Perhaps because an invasion by demons led by the 1st Horsemen of Apocalypse might just be a threat to the whole World?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (89.7 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (55.0 KB, 6 views)

Krakoa would be the first to fall but once they have fallen you would have an Okkara corrupted by extremely powerful mutants and an unstoppable army of demons with a portal directly to Earth.

The rest of the world would soon fall. Apocalypse makes it clear in Creation: "It cost me my family and a lot of god-like mutants to stop that and I only managed to seal it, not beat them."

And now those god-like mutants are allied with demons? Earth would be fucked.

What happens if Krakoa the mutant were to die? Would the land just continue to exist as a mass of land or would it start to decay? Could they revive him via the resurrection protocols?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What happens if Krakoa the mutant were to die? Would the land just continue to exist as a mass of land or would it start to decay? Could they revive him via the resurrection protocols?
    I think it can be re grown. They had a baby Krakoa in WaTXM that made diamonds to fund the school or something. The character was actually really fun and cute I always thought.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It seems to have survived for what could have been thousand of years without mutants setting a foot on it. So it might not need to feed on them to survive in general. But perhaps it needs to feed on mutants to become and remain sapient.

In that case it would simply revert back to a passive state of being a land and bio-mass.

The thought of Krakoa without mutants raises the question if it could with all the bio-technology currently on it (Hellions #5 shows that Sinister set up an extensive cloning machinery made from Krakoa for example) actualy find a way to artifical create the mutant energy it needs to feed on, essentialy gaining an open door to just cancel the agreement it has with the mutants, if their human conflicts becomes too destructive or painfull for it.