Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    You're forgetting Children of the Vault they are the greatest threat! Already storm is on borrowed time after her ass was put on blast : ) Also I think putting Darwin in there for recon may backfire since he may evolve beyond mutant and for all intents the Vault is his sojourn for 537 years while he lived on earth like 20? The math doesn't add up to anything Krakoans will like!
    You could extend this to Synch as well. We know he was having trouble adjusting already and going into the Vault would just put him in another reality and push bim further from the X-Men. Plus, by the time we actually see these characters again, more time will have passed than the 500 odd years. It will likely be closer to 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    You could extend this to Synch as well. We know he was having trouble adjusting already and going into the Vault would just put him in another reality and push bim further from the X-Men. Plus, by the time we actually see these characters again, more time will have passed than the 500 odd years. It will likely be closer to 1000.

Why would they evolve beyond mutants? If anything them being in the vault so long could be the biggest asset to mutantkind yet.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Why would they evolve beyond mutants? If anything them being in the vault so long could be the biggest asset to mutantkind yet.
    That's might be true, even if wasn't for the fact that that also means that all of them have a spent a lot more time in the Vault than they ever did on the outside. That could mean that they have come to see things quite differently than those on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That's might be true, even if wasn't for the fact that that also means that all of them have a spent a lot more time in the Vault than they ever did on the outside. That could mean that they have come to see things quite differently than those on Krakoa.
    Keeping the optimism train chugging along....They could also die right away or after a few years....
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Keeping the optimism train chugging along....They could also die right away or after a few years....
    Which one is really the worst case scenario?

Astonishing Member

I think they could evolve beyond mutants
    1 Darwin evolves involuntarily or reactively,the Vault has evolution based not on purely genetics but technological enhancements.We already know that in life 6 humanity were all pretty much CoV,so to say Darwin will evolve but keep mutant is a real stretch.His very mind could be hacked by advanced machinery.

2.Theres the whole idea of spending over 500 years in there,it won't feel like that in our world but in there,they will fight,survive, overcome or be overcome,feel kinship with each other and the children AND everything in between.Imagine you put a guy in jail for 40 years,u best beleive he will learn to call it his home and his fellow inmates his comrades.

3.If the evolution makes Synch,X23 or Darwin much more enhanced in their powers then their thinking and loyalty could totally switch.They could come out with an Apocalypse mindset that Krakoa is a waste of time,all mutants should evolve through vault technology and you have a real menace there.Darwin evolving into a likely Omega,Synch with 3000 powers x23 perhaps able to turn her entire body into Adamantium .Man scary potential and possibilities

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, if it was really this simple, Xavier wouldn't be worried and Hickman wouldn't be stretching this out.

And I think Laura gets lost in this a bit, but given how Wolverine seems a bit disconnected with parts of Krakoa already and Daken in X-Factor, her disappearance will likely be brought up sooner rather than later

That doesn’t surprise me.
    I think Hickman is trying to create this “too good to be true” environment so he can slowly erode it. The Mystique issue hammers that home.
    In a way, he might be trolling the people who are like, “Why can’t they all just get along?” He might be like, “Okay, here’s what it looks like. Happy? Good. Because later I’m going to show you why it’s unrealistic.”
    In a year or so from now, I doubt they’ll still be on Krakoa—if Krakoa even exists by then.

January 1st 2021 we'll still have threads like "when are all the Krakoans gonna die?" or "When will Krakoa get exploded by the sun?" Lmao
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

And what about that mutate guy from PAD's X-Factor who has got every living mutants ability? Will he be a future treath again!?

January 1st 2021 we'll still have threads like "when are all the Krakoans gonna die?" or "When will Krakoa get exploded by the sun?" Lmao
    It won't ever end lol

Haters gonna hate ; (

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    That doesn’t surprise me.
    I think Hickman is trying to create this “too good to be true” environment so he can slowly erode it. The Mystique issue hammers that home.
    In a way, he might be trolling the people who are like, “Why can’t they all just get along?” He might be like, “Okay, here’s what it looks like. Happy? Good. Because later I’m going to show you why it’s unrealistic.”
    In a year or so from now, I doubt they’ll still be on Krakoa—if Krakoa even exists by then.
    The cracks in Krakatoa have been appearing early on, nobody should be surprised that it falls, but it's going to be a fun ride to that destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The cracks in Krakatoa have been appearing early on, nobody should be surprised that it falls, but it's going to be a fun ride to that destination.
    Hasn't been a fun ride so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    And what about that mutate guy from PAD's X-Factor who has got every living mutants ability? Will he be a future treath again!?
    Nope probably not dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Errr what cracks
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Of course, the main culprit, counting down to Krakoa’s downfall is a certain Mr Hickman...

Thanks to LesbianIllyana on Tumblr for reminding me of this.