Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1622
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Gotta say...the anti-Krakoa arguments still aren't making sense in here, guys.
    Of course their not they're divided between their current disdain for how their favorite X-Men characters being written and how the X-Men are no longer group of superheroes but a part of the state / nation of Krakoa.

And those people who will be unable to reconcile that fact will call the X-Men and those who agree with krakoa a cult

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    But it does mean that if things shift, or more of a dark underbelly gets revealed, that we might want to look towards Kurt and Scott to be among the first to do more than merely question. Exactly how that plays out isn't known yet, and might not be known to anyone outside of Hickman and one or two others currently (maybe not even them outside of a vague outline), but I'm sure something is coming. Too much seems to be being set up for it not to - maybe the bargain with the villains collapses and they take over, or maybe Xavier is even creepier under the surface than he first appears (it's not like that hasn't been done before), or maybe the outside villains pull off another stage in their plans, or maybe something out of left field, but something is going to happen - it wouldn't be comics otherwise.
    I recommend listening to this, maybe it’ll address your concerns:

https://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel...athan-hickman/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Of course their not they're divided between their current disdain for how their favorite X-Men characters being written and how the X-Men are no longer group of superheroes but a part of the state / nation of Krakoa.

And those people who will be unable to reconcile that fact will call the X-Men and those who agree with krakoa a cult
    I mean Im not really sympathethic towards that because the x-men have been a nation/state for times before this new status quo, it has grown beyond a mansion and some people need to accept that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I recommend listening to this, maybe it’ll address your concerns:

https://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel...athan-hickman/

Magneto is one of the biggest cynics in Marvel, and he has the bodycount to back it up.

BANNED

also people that support krakoa admit those issues, but those are another reason why krakoa should exist: it creates interesting conflict, character work, worlbuilding and it supports the immensly large cast of x-men characters by creating a large, yet conected, canvas for the various artists and writers working in these books.

those that have a hatred for it that want it gone rarely sugest anything better, and contradict themselves in their criticism: if everyone is fine, its mind control, if there's realistic conflict or strange stories its a cult that deserves to burn completly and we need to return to the mansion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    You should tell that to Tycon, I was using their description for the X-men. You're right that they were child soldiers but they weren't cultists.

Cults don't all form around specific individuals, Scientologists don't worship David Miscavige. There is no "maybe" about it. The fact that you're noticing the X-men doing cultist activities ins't setting off alarm bells? This isn't normal behaviour for them to exhibit in any case. The idea they're upholding is a nation, and a living entity unto itself. People forget Krakoa is sentient.

This ignores the context of how it's being defended, as though its the equivalent of Margi Gras and that's it harmless and has no bad connotations. Why wouldn't they be happy Melody retried to them whole? It's not the process of the Five they were protesting it's how people die to get it.

Your argument isn't built on solid ground if you're going to ignore the context about the X-men and Marvel as a whole. How the X-men relate to the Marvel universe is relevant, considering they have always been in the Marvel universe. Facts don't stop being facts by pretending they don't exist.
    the x-men barely conect to the rest of the marvel universe, what are you on about? you dont need a single non x-men comic to discuss mutants as a concept and the overarching themes of the x-men, not a single one.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Magneto is one of the biggest cynics in Marvel, and he has the bodycount to back it up.
    Imagine then how Moira should be if MAGNETO thinks she´s a cynic he doesn´t make tea for everybody you know.

I do think there´s going to be conflict for Krakoa but I doubt it will come from it, rather I think Krakoa is getting ready for war, we just have yet to see their main opponents. The Children of the Vault, the Phalanx, the Nimrods, The Shiar or all of them together. Hickman likes to do stories on a very big scale my guess is that we are seeing just the beggining of the story.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-29-2020 at 08:54 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

The fact that you're noticing the X-men doing cultist activities ins't setting off alarm bells? This isn't normal behaviour for them to exhibit in any case.
    This right here! At this point within the story if you aren't even a little turned off or suspicious of how uncharacteristically the X-men are acting on Krakoa then you don't fully know these iconic characters very well. I am very put off by a lot of their bizarre behavior but damn is it making for some interesting reading! I'm confident that in time their uncharacteristic/amoral behavior will become the impetus for the main storyline of this whole era. Exciting stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    also people that support krakoa admit those issues, but those are another reason why krakoa should exist: it creates interesting conflict, character work, worlbuilding and it supports the immensly large cast of x-men characters by creating a large, yet conected, canvas for the various artists and writers working in these books.

those that have a hatred for it that want it gone rarely sugest anything better, and contradict themselves in their criticism: if everyone is fine, its mind control, if there's realistic conflict or strange stories its a cult that deserves to burn completly and we need to return to the mansion.
    You really need to get off that stupid dead horse insisting everyone wants to "return the mansion".
    Never mind that there was nothing wrong with the mansion to begin with, no one is saying go back to it.

And again, people have suggested better it just gets brushed off by the fanbots and their insistence that the Krakoa cult is the best thing ever while they declare any criticism 'contradictions' and 'hate'. And I do have to add, this isn't the thread for suggesting better.
    Last edited by scourge; 03-29-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Can you really say that they wouldn’t be? Sure the X-Men wouldn’t but there are no doubt people on the island who do discriminate against humans. Hell, we’ve seen the likes of Esme referring to humans as monkeys and even children throwing around terms like “flatscan”. There is no doubt in my mind that there is some degree of discrimination against the humans living on Krakoa especially when mutantkind finds that to be their own private piece of the world away from humans.
    I could see Dr. Essex volunteering his considerable skills to the task of determining if the child has latent mutant potential. I imagine he'd be quite eager to check up on all the births mutant or otherwise.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    We don't see either way. Lenil Yu isn't the best at crowd scenes.
    Sorry, but that's just moving the goal posts because the previous criticism (the crowd being depicted as cheering and blood thirsty) is invalid due to what's on the page.

The art depicted what it was meant to depict. Whatever else can be discussed about the issue, that evidence can't be twisted to back up a false point.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    And again, people have suggested better it just gets brushed off by the fanbots and their insistence that the Krakoa cult is the best thing ever while they declare any criticism 'contradictions' and 'hate'. And I do have to add, this isn't the thread for suggesting better.
    They really haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Sorry, but that's just moving the goal posts because the previous criticism (the crowd being depicted as cheering and blood thirsty) is invalid due to what's on the page.

The art depicted what it was meant to depict. Whatever else can be discussed about the issue, that evidence can't be twisted to back up a false point.

They really haven't.
    I just went and re-read the issue. The two scenes where the crowd isn't just a color-blur, there are people cheering. Its no one specific because they just drew them as silhouette but there is cheering.

NONE of it justifies the stupid system Hickman created anyway. There are countless ways to return powers without death and bloodsport that have been covered multiple times already.

And they really have.

Spectacular Member

I just went and re-read the issue. The two scenes where the crowd isn't just a color-blur, there are people cheering. Its no one specific because they just drew them as silhouette but there is cheering.

NONE of it justifies the stupid system Hickman created anyway. There are countless ways to return powers without death and bloodsport that have been covered multiple times already.

And they really have.
    I've just looked back as well and I disagree . There is one panel ,the rather weird one looking up at Apocalypse s crotch , where one figure has one arm in the air . And that is before the combat has begun , while Apocalypse is pontificating .No two evidence of cheering at all.

Much more disturbing is now calm and undistressed Kurt and Cyclops seem.

There are countless ways to return powers without death and bloodsport that have been covered multiple times already.
    Like?

10ch

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Like?

10ch
    Like I said, its already been covered. Go look it back up yourself.